"United for TED"-What is that?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
DM just told me about a great experience a friend of hers had on Ted Airlines. But all I can find access to is an airline flying as "United for Ted". Does Ted codeshare with United sometimes or is this exactly the airline she was talking about (Chicago, if it makes a difference).

Ted is the "budget" airline owned by United. Like Delta owns Song. Same idea.

If you're flying from Chicago to MCO on United, TED is the only option these days. It is no frills and one class. We've flown on it once and it was fine.

What did you guys like or dislike about Ted? With ATA bailing on its MCO routes from Midway, my husband is using Ted for one of his upcoming flights. I'm curious about them; we like United but have flown ATA for years, so we have no experience with Ted.
Barb

I really thought that the Ted people were on the ball. My flights with Ted have always left on time, f/a's have been very nice, gate agents very helpful.

TED has assigned seats which I prefer and have noticed that you do too.

The miles count for United's program which works for us as my DH is a 1K, million mile flyer on UA.

On our one flight, the attendants tried to make it a "fun" experience sort of like SWA does. Ted is personified which is kind of cute.

The gates are close....around the loop to the right as you enter the United terminal at O'Hare.

The front 40% of the plane has some extra legroom which was pleasant.

But basically it was like flying coach on AA or UA from ORD to MCO these days.

inkkognito said:
What did you guys like or dislike about Ted?
Ted is a basically the same as flying United.

We flew Ted from Chicago-O'Hare to Orlando in December. We checked in at the regular United check-in, where we received regular United boarding passes with the seat assignments that I had made when I originally booked. Ted's gates do not require you to go through the long underground tunnel in Terminal 1. Boarding was by group (or zone or whatever United calls it) number, as printed on the boarding pass.

The plane was a nice, clean Airbus A320. These planes have slightly wider seats than the Boeing 737, 757, or MD80. So Ted has better shoulder room and hip room than other airlines' flights to Orlando. Seating is 3+3. Ted has no first class. The front 40% of the plane is Economy Plus, with extra legroom. These seats go to United elite frequent flyers (and one companion), to people who are willing to pay an extra $29 at check-in, and to people who are placed there for Ted's convenience. We were in the regular Economy seats in back, despite my status with United, because there were four of us. I'm tall, so my knees weren't real happy, but it was okay for 2 1/2 hours.

The plane had flat video panels. They showed some TV programming. I had thought they might have some clever, hip Ted content, but it was the ususal, forgettable mishmash of network TV clips and a sitcom episode, I think. As I said, it was forgettable, so I've forgotten. The headphones in the seat pocket looked disgusting, so I was glad I brought my own.

There was the usual airline beverage cart, and boxed meals were for sale. We had already eaten at O'Hare.

The flight was on time.

Ted was fine.

Next time, we'll be back on American. I like the dining choices better in American's Terminal 3 than in United's Terminal 1.

http://www.flyted.com/

Thanks for the input, everyone! Doesn't sound too bad...we prefer Midway but have to go by price and Ted was the best.
Barb

As of this month, TED is also operating out of Midway for a couple of markets although not MCO at this time.

My BIL works for UAL and he said that when they were picking the A320 planes to use on Ted they went over the maintenance records and gave TED all the best ones to use.

I've used them once so far, the trip from ORD to MCO went off without a hitch (except TED gates are WAY at the far end of the B concourse at ORD) but the return was delayed 3 hours due to late arriving plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter