Universal Explorer Ticket

Wow, thanks for this thread, I just popped into this forum wondering if there are rumblings of increases. We are going down in late June, so this is perfect.

I bought these this morning. Best price I can find for our trip starting June 1. I'll report back if there are any hiccups.

It is a very good price for unlimited use in 14 days. It is exactly what I need for our 7 day stay. A 3 park 5 day park to park pass is well over $300. So $252 per ticket is actually an awesome deal for 3 parks. I wonder if I can still upgrade this to an AP!

It is a very good price for unlimited use in 14 days. It is exactly what I need for our 7 day stay. A 3 park 5 day park to park pass is well over $300. So $252 per ticket is actually an awesome deal for 3 parks. I wonder if I can still upgrade this to an AP!

I'd be interested to know if these could be upgraded to an AP as well.

I checked park-tickets website and a 3 park 5 day park to park pass costs $356. How are you all finding cheaper tickets? All of the ticket combos I checked seem to be almost the same price as Universal charges.

I checked park-tickets website and a 3 park 5 day park to park pass costs $356. How are you all finding cheaper tickets? All of the ticket combos I checked seem to be almost the same price as Universal charges.

The Universal Explorer Ticket is currently listed at $269 on park-tickets.com. use the link on the first page of this thread, it may not be listed on their website otherwise. It is good for 14 days.

I am very interested in this ticket. My trip starts May 29. Since Volcano Bay opens May 25 wouldn't this ticket be valid starting May 25?

Ugh the website has upped the price by $30 and now says they will not to sell to US residents. :(

Ugh the website has upped the price by $30 and now says they will not to sell to US residents. :(
Yup! I would be Leary of buying those tickets from them. I just called to ask why they changed it and they said "no guarantees universal would even honor the ticket unless you are from the U.K." I guess it was a mistake that they were selling them to US residents and just realized it when so many people from U.S started purchasing the ticket.

I just got my tickets today. Nowhere on the ticket in any fine print does it say that it must be used by a UK resident.

Also, the adult tickets say that they are valid starting May 25 and the child ticket I have says valid starting June 1, which is fine since we will be there starting June 1.

Yup! I would be Leary of buying those tickets from them. I just called to ask why they changed it and they said "no guarantees universal would even honor the ticket unless you are from the U.K." I guess it was a mistake that they were selling them to US residents and just realized it when so many people from U.S started purchasing the ticket.

I guess I better start working on my accent! :P

When I purchased the ticket, nowhere on the site anywhere did it say it wouldn't be valid if you aren't from the UK. In addition, nowhere on the ticket does it say this. Fingers crossed. We start our visit June 1.

Universal sells this ticket but you have to buy a package to get the ticket to appear as a choice so not sure why they changed it to UK residents only and were worried that Universal would not accept it.

I guess I better start working on my accent! :P

When I purchased the ticket, nowhere on the site anywhere did it say it wouldn't be valid if you aren't from the UK. In addition, nowhere on the ticket does it say this. Fingers crossed. We start our visit June 1.

I'm with you -- no way would these not be valid. In fact, after I placed my order, one of their reps called me the next day to confirm that I knew that they weren't valid until the end of May (because I put an April date as my requested date on the form, because obviously I wanted them in my possession sooner rather than later). He also told me that they are intended for UK residents, but since I found the link and was able to order them, they're honoring that.

I'll bet a lot of US residents were ordering them because of this thread and the link posted and they just had to put a stop to it because it wasn't meant for us. Since I've got physical tickets in my hands now, there is no way Universal would know or care if I was a UK resident or not. And like you said, there is nowhere on the ticket that states that. Last but not least, like a poster mentioned above, Universal itself also sells this ticket if you buy a package (but it's more expensive with them). I wound up with four 3-park (park-to-park) tickets that are valid for 14 consecutive days for under $1,100, so I'm pretty happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter