Universal/IOA for Young Children?

GrammieMame

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
On our upcoming October trip, I'd like to do one morning at either US or IOA with a 4 and 7 year old. I just want to hit the highlights of things that are appropriate for this age group. What's better, US or IAO? Anyone have specific suggestions for that age group?

I would have put this on the Universal board, but there seems to be almost no activity over there and I was afraid I wouldn't get any answers. Thanks.

Went to USF/IoA last year with a 6 and 8 year old. I think that USF probably has more rides they would be interested in if you can only do 1 day. If they are very adventuresome kids, they may enjoy IoA just watch for the height requirements. However, the kids I went with didn't like thrill rides, so there wasn't much for them at IoA. Hope this helps a little.

We were just at US/IOA a few weeks ago with kids who had just turned 8, just turned 4, and 22 months. IOA was definitely a bigger hit with the older two. The 4 year old loved the Seuss Landing rides....especially the Cat in the Hat. I can't remember the name anymore, but there was also a smaller roller coaster that was just right for the two of them. (The 8 year old was tall enough for everything but isn't yet up to going upside down!) The 8 year old enjoyed Spider Man as well as several of the water rides. (The 4 year old was scared by the Dinosaurs on one water ride, so didn't go on any others.) Finally, they all loved the water play area in Suess Landing.

US was fun too, but IMO there was more at IOA. The kids did like the water/ball play area at US as well as the kid roller coaster. We also saw the Barney show for the benefit of the 22 month old. It just seemed like IOA had at least one thing for kids in each area whereas there didn't seem as much variety at US. The key advantage that US does have is the Nickelodeon tour if your kids are Nick fans!

Have a great time whatever you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter