Universal sharing in some of the bad press usually reserved for Disney...

I'm actually surprised at how little they spent on food. QS at WDW is running $15 each now. We usually spend about $35 for two meals and 1 soda. Their dinner for 4 is what we pay for 2 people at WDW.

I'll do the math for a tricked out visit to King's Dominion for a family of 4.

1 Day Tickets (not on sale/gate price) for 4 - $300
Fast Lane Plus for 4 - $260
Parking - $25
Breakfast at Cinnabon for 4 (4 rolls, 4 coffees) - $42.72
Lunch at Country Kitchen for 4 (pork platter combos) - $87.92
Snack at Dippin Dots (4 regular size) - $33
Dinner at Border Burritos for 4 (burrito combos) - $83.92
Souvenirs (4 sweatshirts) - $160

GRAND TOTAL - $992.56

So I assume they did absolutely no planning for this - buying a one day ticket for any theme park is expensive as PP shared.

Had they gone to Disney they would not have even got in since they would have had no reservations.

Why is this even being talked about in a "news" paper?

https://nypost.com/2022/09/06/family-of-fours-1113-trip-to-universal-studios-shocks-internet/

Family of four’s $1,113 trip to Universal Studios shocks internet​

Note to Internet - quality theme parks cost money...that is all...
They are also end up cheaper if you go more then 1 day. It's called do some research.

Parking - $25

GRAND TOTAL - $992.56
Sure it can cost that much if you don't research. I went to Cedar Point 6 times this year and cause of my pass only paid for food.

Parking - $25

GRAND TOTAL - $992.56
"😱💲😱💲😱💲😱💲😱💲😱💲😱💲"
- TikTok, probably

They are also end up cheaper if you go more then 1 day. It's called do some research.

Sure it can cost that much if you don't research. I went to Cedar Point 6 times this year and cause of my pass only paid for food.
That's why I have season passes for King's Dominion. We've only been 3 times this year, will probably get in 2 more visits before they close for winter.

I'm actually surprised at how little they spent on food. QS at WDW is running $15 each now. We usually spend about $35 for two meals and 1 soda. Their dinner for 4 is what we pay for 2 people at WDW.
Their dinner came from Burger King, I think there’s one on CityWalk?

So a woman in marketing was looking for a way to go viral to sell her social media webinars.

She completely lost me at "Fast Passes" :rolleyes:

I wouldn't pay $396 for something I didn't even know it's name.

First clue that she wouldn't be a good person to learn from.

Next year they should do a day at Disney with a VIP tour.

I think a VIP tour at Disney would cost 3 times what they paid and still not include food or tickets.

Sometimes UO QS is cheaper than Disney's. It depends upon the place.

If they had stayed at a Universal deluxe hotel, they could have gotten unlimited Express Passes for them all. It would have probably cost more than what they paid for their limited ones though. Also, with Express Pass, they could do absolutely everything in the park, except Velocicoaster and Hagrid's, with minimal lines. Can't get that at Disney without a VIP tour. Ignorant consumers.

I always wonder why people think UOR will be so much cheaper than WDW... It's kind of looked at like a cheap afterthought add-on when in reality it's a whole vacation destination itself and is priced similarly.

I always wonder why people think UOR will be so much cheaper than WDW... It's kind of looked at like a cheap afterthought add-on when in reality it's a whole vacation destination itself and is priced similarly.

I've alwasy thought Uni was just slightly less expensive than Disney, but I tacked on a 1-day to my trip next week and it was actually a little more than a single-day Disney ticket would have been for the same time. They've always been pretty close though - when one raises prices the other will - guaranteed!

Well there was a time that was true - I used to pay $89 for an annual power pass

I cant believe this ridiculous story is now getting picked up everywhere - Disney and the legion of apologist would not have anything to do with this would it? $278 a person is not shocking at all. - could have saved $100 a person without fast passes if the cost was an issue.
Seems all very conceived

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter