Universal Studios Harry Potter London Diagon Alley Expansion Pictures

Progress from yesterday:

Full report: http://allaroundorlando.blogspot.com/2013/09/universal-studios-florida-potter.html

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

Oh my Gosh,
Im freaking out, I cant wait. Will probably go to Orlando next summer or fall. With my family and boyfriend, then we will go to the parks but me and my boyfriend have already decided that we will be going again 2015 or later to be able to go when the crazy crowds have gone down.

This looks amazing :woohoo:

Awesme pics! I am hearing rumors from an inside source of May 2014 opening, with potentially soft openings in April.

Awesme pics! I am hearing rumors from an inside source of May 2014 opening, with potentially soft openings in April.
I think that's too soon...expect softs sometime in June. I would be completely shocked if HP2 opened in May.

Metro, I said the same to my inside source, but they were ADAMANT that it would be open by May with soft openings before. :confused3

We will be there right before it opens!! First week of April.. :( I can only hope that they have a "soft opening" while we are there, although I don't exactly know what that means.. I'd just like to be able to walk through it! :)
Still, I've dreamed of seeing WWoHP since they were first talking about building it years ago, so I will be happy even if I just miss the opening of the expansion!

Metro, I said the same to my inside source, but they were ADAMANT that it would be open by May with soft openings before. :confused3
There are too many factors that could delay construction between now and then so your source must have some sort of crystal ball to know there will be no delays. At this point in the game, no one knows any more than anyone else.

I can't wait to see pictures of the outside of the buildings completed. Remember how exciting it was as the pictures of the WWoHP at IoA came out? It was the first thing I checked every morning...

My sister and I are going to plan a fall 2014 trip with our families. They have only ever made a day trip there once, and wait till they see what it is like to have an extended stay while staying onsite!

My middle niece is a huge HP fan, and I told her we would one day do the HP rides together, now we can do both lands on the same trip... No one else in her family is an HP fanatic like her (and me) so it will be a special trip for us. She can experience HP with someone else who appreciates it like she will.

Is one train supposed to carry all visitors between the two sections? That's going to be a huge bottleneck and massive lines. It's not just an attraction but a necessary means of transportation. Do you think they'll have a walkway, too?

Is one train supposed to carry all visitors between the two sections? That's going to be a huge bottleneck and massive lines. It's not just an attraction but a necessary means of transportation. Do you think they'll have a walkway, too?

It isn't supposed to be the normal exit. You can still exit through the front of either park and walk to the other park. The parks are about 3 minutes apart to walk.

There will be no walkway near the track since it is all backstage.

There will be two Hogwarts Express trains with three cars that will go back and forth between the two HP areas. It is meant to have the capacity of a ride since it is actually going to be an e-ticket attraction and not just a ride vehicle that merely travels between the parks.

This is going to be an amazing addition to the park! I'm very impressed with the Kings Cross station so far, from what I can see in the photos.

Wow, they are putting this together really quickly. It looks great!

Peeps might want to see this picture of the inside of Diagon Alley...from Theme Park Insider.

diagonalleyfirstlook-tpi.jpg

Love it! I wish it was going to be open when we get there in less than 2 weeks . . . But since it's not, we will just have to plan another trip!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter