• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal vs Disney dining costs

Free cups of water= no need to buy drinks for my family. :) We might occasionally buy a soda or a Butterbeer but that’s not how we normally eat.

I agree with previous posts. What we also like about universal is you can buy the qs dining plan one meal at a time while you're ordering! I've often had the employee actually point out to me if I bought it I'd save a couple bucks that day. I like that option We do the math at every meal

We were in Uni in May a year or so ago. Were in WDW a couple of months before on a school trip. With the package at WDW they gave us $15 vouchers per person for one meal. So that’s usually what I figure on CS meals at WDW.

For us, CS at Uni seemed about that or a little less. We ate at 3 Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldran, the pizza place in the super hero area and hamburgers at the diner close to Transformer-those are the ones I remember. That amount stayed pretty close. We did have the refillable mugs. But Leaky Cauldron and 3 Broomsticks’ meals seemed more like TS for us. Very good and very plentiful.

We also ate at Mythos for lunch. We were expecting the bill to be more in line with TS at WDW. Not even close. It was half as much.

We do eat a lot of character meals at WDW but also eat at some non character meals and even those are pretty high.

And the quality of food is much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter