"Unleash the Villains" mayhem - Disney Parks Blog up if you want to comment

ashleyrm

DIS Veteran
Reports from WDW are that DHS is a mass of people for Unleash the Villains. Huge traffic jams and many people on WDW buses that are not moving. Sounds like Disney may have underestimated the popularity of a non-ticketed special event. Especially given that MK closed at 7 due to MNSSHP.

Reports from WDW are that DHS is a mass of people for Unleash the Villains. Huge traffic jams and many people on WDW buses that are not moving. Sounds like Disney may have underestimated the popularity of a non-ticketed special event. Especially given that MK closed at 7 due to MNSSHP.

Yep.

Saw a short video of the crowds and it looked as crowded as a Star Wars day...

I just wish I could get back to my resort. There is no one directing traffic, we are in the car for well over an hour with no end in sight. We have gone maybe a mile. This is ridiculous. Should have been a 10 minute ride. There shod be signage when getting of the exit warning of the delays.

Yep we have been sitting on a bus for over an hour and have moved maybe a mile. This bites!! We are just going to turn around when we get there bc I dot want to see how bad it's gonna be at 1am!

Shocking that they would under-prepare for yet another big event. :cool2:

Its brutal !!! We been stuck on the bus for a lil more then hr Trying to get to akl from dtd. man I wish I bought that $3.00 bottle of water uhg

We ended up parking at boardwalk overflow lot and walked the pathway in. About an hour and 15 min from home to being in the park

In line for Oogie Boogie and Jafar. Just did Star Tours, practically a walk on.

We ended up parking at boardwalk overflow lot and walked the pathway in. About an hour and 15 min from home to being in the park

In line for Oogie Boogie and Jafar. Just did Sta Tours, practically a walk on.

Sounds like you had the right idea! Hope you have a great night.

Sounds like you had the right idea! Hope you have a great night.

Had to make a, um, improper u-turn at one point but people ahead of us were not turning left. *sigh*

Having fun despite the humidity and tight crowds. :-)

I am in California and have been thinking about going to DL's 'Unleash the Villians' Dance Party and 'Party Like a Villian' tonight BUT I do not want to if the crowds are going to be out of sight. Which I am guessing by the sounds of MK, they will be. :upsidedow

Ugh. PLUS we have the opening of the NBC OVERLAY as well and MK does not even have that. Eeek.

I so want to go but I do not want crazy wild crowds.

I am in California and have been thinking about going to DL's 'Unleash the Villians' Dance Party and 'Party Like a Villian' tonight BUT I do not want to if the crowds are going to be out of sight. Which I am guessing by the sounds of MK, they will be. :upsidedow

Ugh. PLUS we have the opening of the NBC OVERLAY as well and MK does not even have that. Eeek.

I so want to go but I do not want crazy wild crowds.

You could ask on the DLR forum. Probably some action over there....

You could ask on the DLR forum. Probably some action over there....

Naa, I do not need to ask over there. Its too early.

I am judging my decision by reading here.

Sounds like this has been a HUGE success for Disney by the crowds just in Orlando so far.

Reports that DHS parking lot is full and people are being redirected to Epcot parking lot and then being bussed back to DHS.

Sounds like a money making opportunity to me. I half expect to see a Villans hard ticket party in the future if it's this popular:eek:

CMs are clueless, btw

People are waiting for Oogie Boogie, not Jafar

One CM was going to let us see Jafar real quick but an older lady CM came up and said no, people are in line to see him. I asked a range of 39 people and not one was in line for Jafar. They were skipping a chance to see him.

CMs are clueless, btw

People are waiting for Oogie Boogie, not Jafar

One CM was going to let us see Jafar real quick but an older lady CM came up and said no, people are in line to see him. I asked a range of 39 people and not one was in line for Jafar. They were skipping a chance to see him.

She finally relented and started letting people see Jafar

Yay!

"FYI - All pins and nearly all collectables for this event were sold out this morning by 10am."

Read this on FB pertaining to DHS. :sad2:

Why couldn't they have this event LONGER than ONE EVENING?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter