Unlimited Internet Package ~ some questions??

dianthus

<font color=990099>No wonder she wants to trade th
I'd like to get a bit more info on the unlimited internet package~ $89 for the week~ for our upcoming cruise. Is this unlimited access per stateroom or user?

I've used the .75 per minute deal on the ship before, but there was only one user~ me, so it was pretty simple.

On our cruise coming up, we are bringing my DD's friend with us. I told her Mom I'd have her daughter email daily to keep in touch with her, as the ship's phone is too expensive. Both DH & I have to check our email to keep in touch with clients. My DD will want to send a few "Greetings from the Magic" emails to friends & family too, so we'll have 4 different users from one stateroom, each having a different email address ~ all on AOL.

Here's my questions~

1. Is it $89 for all 4 of us in the stateroom, or is it $89 per person/user for the week?( big difference in cost.. )

2. I've seen many of you post that you set up a hotmail, or yahoo account beforehand, as it is web based. Does an AOL email address work on the ship?It is web based as well. I used it on the ship last time with no problems. Is there any advantages to Hot Mail, or Yahoo, over AOL? If so, could you explain what they are?
I do have time to set these up before we go if there is an advantage. Should I have my DD's friend's mom do the same? I'm just concerned, as I want them to be able to "talk" to each other during the cruise via the web.

Thanks!

~ Linda

I am pretty sure that eveyone in your party can use it for the $89. There will be one user ID and one password though. AOL should still work, haven't heard otherwise, nor can I think of a reason that it wouldn't....

On our Dec 1 2002 Wonder sailing I asked the girl in charge of "the internet cafe" that exact question because it looks like you have to pay for each user. She just smiled and said "only one user password per 25.00". I asked " only one password per per or stateroom?" And she again responded (with a smile), "if you want access I'll give you a password, but we don't police who uses it".

Yes - everyone in your stateroom can use the same internet package. You will have to 'share' your password and only one person can be logged on at a time, but that shouldn't be an issue.

You can absolutely use your AOL email account on the ship. AOL has a web interface that you can access your mail through. If you already have AOL you can add additional users onto your account like your DD's friend. You can then delete her from your account when you are home.

As far as yahoo and hotmail - the main advantage to using these is they are free. No need to pay for AOL just to have email access on the ship. They also have web access to email and I find yahoo to be the most convenient to use.

Hope this helps
John

This is a per person charge. All you need to do is have the girl email her parents from your email account.

Everyone in your party can use your account...or whatever email account you use while on board. That's not the way the rules read..but it isn't a problem.

Thanks everyone!

These were all the issues I was trying to clarify. I figured worse comes to worse, we could all use 1 email address. But you know how the kids like to send email on their own screen name....

One password will be fine. I doubt any of us will spend a great deal of time online, cuz we'll be having too much fun! But those minutes can add up & I thought the unlimited package looked like the best option, as my daughter's friend will be emailing home daily.

Thanks for all the info! :D

~ Linda

Does anyone know if they have wireless available yet in the Internet Cafe? I read on here somewhere that they were going to have it by xx date which I think was in the summer.

Just wondering if it's there and if pricing is the same for unlimited use.

Thx.

I recall reading that about having wireless connections. I was hoping it wasn't just a rumor but reality. That would make it nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter