****UPDATE 9/9**** 20" x 20" Cardboard or Wood?

missmulan

DIS Veteran
I need your opinions. My DS5 has been accepted in the Lego Display contest at the County Fair. So now, all Lego creations must be displayed on a 20" x 20" sturdy cardboard or wood. I'm thinking more of a thicker & heavier poster board. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I would do it on thin wood. I would be afraid that the cardboard (even thick cardboard) would bend and ruin the display. I don't know if you have to transport on this board or just display but I wouldn't want to take the chance of someone leaning on the board or something and having it warp and disconnect your pieces.

I went to Michaels before I read the reply. I ended up with a thick foam poster board. I am going to use the hot glue gun to make the creations stick. Now my challenge is to not drip any hot glue onto the board where it doesn't belong. I do believe....at least I hope....that they will do the display behind a glass case. I am excited to showcase my DS's work. It would be so hard to believe that a 5 year built these himself...ahem...while mom was watching General Hospital or working on her scrapbook.

Good luck to your son on the contest. :cheer2:

missmulan said:
I ended up with a thick foam poster board. I am going to use the hot glue gun to make the creations stick.

I am glad you get to glue them in place. I would hate for his work to be spoiled by an accidental bump. I guess legos stick together better than some things though. I just keep remembering domino designs that get accidently bumped and you have to start setting them all up again :flower:

Lisa - thank you....he is very excited and so are we.

RealMickeysGirl - LOL...that was a funny visual on the dominoes falling. It would be awful for the contestant. Can you imagine?? LOL

Thanks for your replies... :flower:

Just got back from the County Fair and DS5 received a FIRST Place ribbon!! Woo Hoo!

When I went to pick him up from Kindergarten today, his teacher told me he built a monster truck with the tub of legos. She was so impressed, she took out her camera and took pictures.

Congratulations!! Legos are so great, DS's are 13 and still tinker around with them making new creations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter