Update on $50 Gift Card Promo

bafmrf

Mouseketeer
I drove down to Illinois last night to purchase my park hopper and I went to two stores and both would not let me use my previously purchased gift cards to buy the park hopper and they would not let me turn the gift cards in for Disney Dollars. I also called about 3 other stores in Illinois and they all said no to purchasing Disney Dollars with the cards. I'm leaving Saturday for our trip. Has anyone been able to actually get DD's at the Florida Mall Disney Store? Please reply ASAP.

Thanks,

Martha

Also leaving Saturday and doing the same - hoping they will sell me DD for the GC. I will be phoning tomorrow to confirm that they have some hoppers left.

It's still a good deal - even if you can't get Disney Dollars with the gift cards. I exchanged my gift cards for Disney Dollars last Saturday at the Disney Store in Champaign, Illinois. They must've had too many people doing this - and are not allowing it anymore.

I used a $50 gift card to purchase DD at the Disney Store in Brookfield WI about 3 weeks ago. At first they said no, but then they called the supervisor and they did it.

I was able to get DD's at the Southridge store just this past Tuesday with the gift cards. At first they said no but then could not find anything saying that it couldn't be done. It was done by Nancy the store manager. I hope this helps.

When i called Disney.com yesterday and asked if GC's I purchased on-line could be used for park hoppers, they said yes (this was after checking with a supervisor). I hope the store managers don't change the tune.

Martha I just got back from the Mayfair DS. I was able to get 50.00 in DD from a manager. I went in and said I got the card as a gift and wanted DD instead because I'm going to WDW next week. He looked the card over thoroughly and said he'd "try" to ring it thru. It worked :)

Good luck!

I called the Florida Mall Disney Store this evening and confirmed with CM Lisa that they are offering the $50 GC promotion with t-shirts. They have all tickets on hand and Adult and Child's t-shirts. Any one of the four managers would be happy to process my purchase on Saturday. And YES I can definitely buy Disney Dollars with the GC!!!!:D

I went to Brookfield a couple of weeks ago and they wouldn't do it. Well now I'm on a mission. We leave tomorrow and I'll call Brookfield back and Mayfair and see what I can do. I wish they would just decide company-wide the policy and stick to it.

Martha

I was able to use the gift cards I got for Disney Dollars in Buffalo, NY. I guess that since they aren't participating in the promotion for hopper passes, they were more than happy to exchange the gift cards.

My brother picked up my passes while he was in Florida last week...

Martha good luck and have a great trip!!!

I know you eventually let us know what happens.

can you use the $50 card at the Downtown Disney - Disney Store????

Well, I had my husband go to Brookfield Square and Mayfair and neither store would let him use the card for DD's. I guess I should just give up.

Thanks,

Martha

bafmfr - Any chance you can stop at the Florida Mall Disney Store to pick up your tickets. I have two confirmations from them that they will sell Disney Dollars for the GC. I plan on picking up 4 adult 4-day passes and getting $200 in Disney Dollars to take into the parks. I then plan on exchanging two adult passes for two 5-day(plus options) child's park hoppers at guest relations (will need to pay an addition $5.00 each for this privilege). I have an email from Disney that confirms this is possible as long as the child's passes cost more and the adult passes I am exchanging are unused - and I bring my receipt.
Am soooo glad I can save some money of our park passes. Our Canadian dollar is killing us!!!

When does this promo end?? Also, is it available in Tampa? We are flying into Tampa on 11/30 ($71.50 air-fare).
Thanks
Toni

Just wanted to let you know, we were in WDW last week & drove to the
Florida Mall to purchase our tickets. They only had the 4 day passes(no
5 day passes), only had child's t-shirts, and would not let us use the $50 for
anything except store merchandise! Was alittle disappointed at first, but
quickly decided $200 worth of free merchandise was wonderful, took
advantage & did some christmas shopping.

We're here at OKW now and on the way in we stopped in Jacksonville for the night and went the Avenues Mall to get our tickets. They had ran out of Pooh gift cards and subtituted Mickey card instead but the Manager flat told that we could not use them to purchase more tickets. But they did let us use our Disney Club discount to purchase the ticket so for something like $878 we got our 4- 5 day park hoppers, $200 worth of regular gift cards and our 4 free T-Shirts, my wife's wearing hers today while visting the different resorts.

OT: We've been to Wilderness Lodge this morning and we're going to look around at Animal Kingdom Lodge this afternoon, then off to the parks tomorrow. It's very windy and cool this morning but no rain just a couple of brief sprinkles.

Grateful

Poly 76, Poly 78?, Off site 87, WL 97, Ft. Wild. 98, DVC purchase in 98, OKW 99, OKW Spring 00, OKW Fall 00, OKW Fall 01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter