Update on possibilites of Transformers

So, you folks who are in the know... Based on the current state of construction, do you think Transformers would be up and running by 10/13? Starting to plan next year's family vacation and my little boy is a big Transformers fan.

From what I've been gathering, it seems to be potentially anywhere from June/July 2013 to December 2013.

So unfortunately, at this point, since there still hasn't even been an announcement, very difficult to say.

Thanks. We are going to Disneyland in Nov and had been pondering a side trip to Universal, but they are not geographically convenient ... Also I think my 6 year old is still a bit young. Figured another year would be good, especially if we are going to be in FL anyway.

Historically, Universal wont commit to a specific date. Best theyll do is a several month block, like they did with Despicable Me, which they used summer of 2012 since it was announced. It wasnt until about a month or so prior to opening that they announced a firm date. Theyve had several problems with definitve dates before, (Rip RIde Rocket for 1) and got burned so now everything is generalized until they are absolutely sure that things go the way they hope.

Historically, Universal wont commit to a specific date. Best theyll do is a several month block, like they did with Despicable Me, which they used summer of 2012 since it was announced. It wasnt until about a month or so prior to opening that they announced a firm date. Theyve had several problems with definitve dates before, (Rip RIde Rocket for 1) and got burned so now everything is generalized until they are absolutely sure that things go the way they hope.
This. :thumbsup2

Wonder when the official announcement will be? Surely they wouldn't open this concurrent with the HP expansion would they? The crowds would be unmanageable!

Theres no telling with Universal. This is just me, but is seems like they dont learn from their mistakes, and no one talks to each other. Or at least listen. (See Universals announcements after the fire at Ripsawfalls. The head speaking head said they were going to do the annual maintanance on the ride, but they have no idea how long that takes. The fire damage was superficial. Then again with RRR, said the same thing when the ride was closed for several months due to bad couplers. The issue had been fixed, and the ride was closed for annual maint, but they dont know how long it takes.Keep in mind that the letter came out on the 2nd of the month and the ride closed a week later. Ill let someone else do the math. No one closes a ride without knowing exactly how long it was going to be down for annuals. Its not like it changes from year to year. )

I would not be surprised if they opened both new additions almost together or together. I was over there today and the area that was formerly was Soundstage 44, already has steel in the air, and the foundation is already laid out. Not poured entirely but the basic outline is there. What ever it is, they are moving fast. Plus, whatever they are building is going to have at least 2 levels from what I was seeing in the steel thats up.

I would not be surprised if they opened both new additions almost together or together. I was over there today and the area that was formerly was Soundstage 44, already has steel in the air, and the foundation is already laid out. Not poured entirely but the basic outline is there. What ever it is, they are moving fast. Plus, whatever they are building is going to have at least 2 levels from what I was seeing in the steel thats up.
Yeah...I saw the steel up at both sites yesterday. I think they will shoot for summer 2013 for Transformers and sometime next fall for HP2.

Yeah...I saw the steel up at both sites yesterday. I think they will shoot for summer 2013 for Transformers and sometime next fall for HP2.

I agree with you on the Transformers date but I think it will be 2014 for HP2.

It's called...for lack of a better word...a mistake. :rolleyes2

I wish you would have been right. Would have been amazing to have all that new stuff next year! I guess we'll just have to be patient. I love watching new construction.

damo said:
I wish you would have been right. Would have been amazing to have all that new stuff next year! I guess we'll just have to be patient. I love watching new construction.

I gave in. We are headed to Disneyland in November anyway. I changed our tickets to go a day early and bought a Greyline package to visit Universal on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I know it's going to be crowded that day, but hopefully we can at least get through Transformers once.

Transformers is at Universal Studios Singapore. We have done it and my boys loved it. It is very good but very very similar to Spiderman. DH and the boys say that they like it better than Spiderman. We did Spiderman at Universal Studios Orlando 5 years ago. Understand Spiderman has been updated. Why would they have 2 similar rides in one park?

Transformers is at Universal Studios Singapore. We have done it and my boys loved it. It is very good but very very similar to Spiderman. DH and the boys say that they like it better than Spiderman. We did Spiderman at Universal Studios Orlando 5 years ago. Understand Spiderman has been updated. Why would they have 2 similar rides in one park?

They are in different parks. Spiderman is in IOA and Transformers will be in the Studios.

There are lots of similar rides in other parks. Pirates is similar to It's a Small World and the Mexico water ride. Haunted Mansion is similar to Snow White's Scary Adventures and Winnie the Pooh and Finding Nemo. Splash Mountain is similar to Maelstrom.

Hopefully, Transformers will have its own unique qualities.

They are in different parks. Spiderman is in IOA and Transformers will be in the Studios.

There are lots of similar rides in other parks. Pirates is similar to It's a Small World and the Mexico water ride. Haunted Mansion is similar to Snow White's Scary Adventures and Winnie the Pooh and Finding Nemo. Splash Mountain is similar to Maelstrom.

Hopefully, Transformers will have its own unique qualities.

Pirates is nothing like "It's a small world" (which might be the most obnoxious ride ever) and I think comparing Splash mountain to Maelstrom is a huge stretch! I went on Maelstrom once in my 14 trips, would never go on again but make it to Splash Mountain every trip and comparing haunted mansion to the other rides (with cardboard cutouts) is ridiculous. I agree that Transformers and Spiderman can co-exist but those are very bad examples! I think you are spot on with your Universal analysis but Disney....not so much.

Pirates is nothing like "It's a small world" (which might be the most obnoxious ride ever) and I think comparing Splash mountain to Maelstrom is a huge stretch! I went on Maelstrom once in my 14 trips, would never go on again but make it to Splash Mountain every trip and comparing haunted mansion to the other rides (with cardboard cutouts) is ridiculous. I agree that Transformers and Spiderman can co-exist but those are very bad examples! I think you are spot on with your Universal analysis but Disney....not so much.

All I was comparing was ride mechanisms. Spiderman and Transformers will have the same ride mechanisms. At this point, we don't know what else will be similar.

All I was comparing was ride mechanisms. Spiderman and Transformers will have the same ride mechanisms. At this point, we don't know what else will be similar.

The first transformer ride premiered in Singapore. If the Orlando one is going to be the same as the Transformer ride in Singapore, then the only difference is really the graphics. The general whole concept, sudden drop, heat etc is so similar to Spiderman. But the graphic are high def and pretty cool

The first transformer ride premiered in Singapore. If the Orlando one is going to be the same as the Transformer ride in Singapore, then the only difference is really the graphics. The general whole concept, sudden drop, heat etc is so similar to Spiderman. But the graphic are high def and pretty cool

It would be nice if there are some unique elements in the Orlando ride to set it apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter