Update on Sonya

Mskanga

<font color=navy>Can speak and read 4 languages fl
As some of you may remember my daughter was diagnosed with osteosarcoma ( bone cancer ) a year ago last July. She underwent chemo treatment and limb salvage surgery and finished the treatment last March, however she continues to have physical therapy to help her regain strength in her leg with the new knee prosthesis. She had her make a wish trip to disneyland in California last august . At that time she was taking steps but not walking so we went on the trip with a rented scooter but we had a blast. On that trip she started walking unassisted around the room , we came home and on the first physical therapy session they did an assessment she went up 13 points in one week !!!!! The therapist joked and said we should have gone to california sooner....LOL. If I had known that .
I am happy to report that not only she is walking unassisted now , she remains in remission , has started back on school , she is on track with the rest of her peers ann her grades are excellent !!!!!
She is still having some issues with energy but that is also something that is slowly returning , if it took the doctor ten months to get her this low it could take just as long or even longer to get her back to where she was.
Of course we continue to have scans every three months and continue to pray that she remains in remission but we do not live life in fear because as Randy Pausch very well says " it is what it is and we cannot change the card that we are dealt with but we can change how we play the hand " so we are living life to the fullest every single day and cherish every moment we have.
Thankfully school has been very helpful through this process and has made accomodations for Sonya , she still has part homebound instruction until she is able to go to school full time again.
Life is returning to normal , slowly but surely. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers , they are truly appreciated.

Olga you know that both you and Sonya are always in my thoughts. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

Thank you for sharing the wonderful news of her progress. You both have a great attitude.

Thank you for sharing the good news! :banana: :banana: :banana: Our thoughts and prayers are with you for
Sonya's continued recovery and remission!

What a great update to hear!!!!

Keeping your entire family in my thoughts and prayers.:grouphug:

Kanga.. so happy that Sonya is doing so well. The energy thing, I wish I could remember how long it takes to come back from all that chemo.....I know it was a full year but then Tom would have days where he would just have to sit the day out..

While chemo does its job on the cancer cells, it does do some damage to good cells......it is what it is and we have to do the very best we can to come back from going that low..

Tell her she is always in my thoughts, both of you, and we pray that she continues to go forward and do the very best she can..

Hugs,
Marsha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter