***UPDATE*** Overcharged on a Disneyland Ressie!

NFalzon

Mouseketeer
Alrighty--in case these new charts haven't caused enough problems for some already, how about this (read below what I sent to MS)!??!

Just FYI: when I made the reservation, they broke all the levels of views down for me, so it wasn't that there was any kind of shift from last year's charts, perhaps. This was truly just a misquote!

Thoughts? Ideas?
Nick

Dear Member Services:

I have a confirmation dated 8/14/2001 for a May 2002 trip to the Grand Californian Hotel at Disneyland in California. It states that the number of points committed for this reservation is 68.

However, upon review of the point charts recently posted on the website, two weeknights with a California Adventure View at the Grand Californian are only 32 points each for a total of 64 points.

So, where is there a problem? I do not want to change my reservation in any way, shape, or form, but if I've been overcharged by 4 points, I would like to know what recourse I have to get them back, and I would hope that I could get them as DVC Points as opposed to reservation points.

Thanks in advance,
Nick Falzon

I would send an e-mail asking them to correct your statement. The e-mail gives you the advantage of having something in writing.

I agree by looking at the charts that you should be charged 32 points per night.

Maybe more charts are wrong?!

Here's the response from MS--
---------------------------------------
Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I can advise you that when the points were entered for The Disney Hotels into
the web site, there was an error made, and we have since had to remove the page
they entered.

We have been advised that this will be replaced with the correct information.
The correct number of points for that time period will be 68 points.

If we can assist you any further please do contact us.

-------------------------------

Fine with me, but...
Nick

Isn't that just peachy. ;) I wonder if the charts in the new perfect-bound books are also wrong?....then we can have inserts to put into our non-3-ring binder or wait for the re-prints.

Thanks for the info, even if it is bad news.

Just checked the site --- The Disneyland page is indeed removed.

It seems that since it was their error, both in mis-typing the point amount and then in making the reservation with the wrong point amount, the original quote should be honored - especially since you have it in writing. Since it's only 4 points I probably wouldn't make a big deal about it either. :rolleyes:

I wonder how (and when) they would have let you know about the mistake had you not brought it to their attention. ;)

The original quote--which is 4 points MORE--is the one being honored. I understand the mistake, and I don't feel as if I'm *due* anything--afterall, everything that is non DVC is subject to change!!! heh heh heh

But I guess I just don't "understand" how that happens--it isn't as if when they post room rates in cash that they make a mistake. Strange...
Nick

Ooops, my mistake. I misunderstood and thought your original quote was for the lesser amount. LOL - maybe they should give you 4 points just for finding the mistake! ;) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter