• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

I'm sorry that everything has been deleted :(.

To be honest, I'm relieved. Not even anything to do with the strange stuff OP referenced. I think it was an awful lot of deeply personal stuff to put out there for any and everyone to read. I said the same to OP in this very thread years back.

Sorry for the confusion of this post. Yes, I did update yesterday, but I've since found out board rules don't allow me to talk about why I had to delete everything, so my post was removed.

To be honest, I'm relieved. Not even anything to do with the strange stuff OP referenced. I think it was an awful lot of deeply personal stuff to put out there for any and everyone to read. I said the same to OP in this very thread years back.

Your opinion. There were many many people here who cared very much about my nephew, and it helped my family greatly to know how many people were praying for him. I hope your family never has to go through what mine has. Also, what I posted about why I had to delete my posts was not strange, it was true, and it happened, no matter what you may think, or what you may think you know. I guess all the vloggers/bloggers who post about their life shouldn't do that either, because you know, it's deeply personal? You do what you think is good for you, and I'll do the same.

People face adversities in life the best they are equipped. Some really rise to the occasion and seem to handle far more than is humanly possible, some crumple like a tissue. Dom's mother no doubt needs the services of a very skilled counselor or therapist, and I hope that happens for her before too long. Obviously you realize that simply because your brother is speaking words out of his mouth, it doesn't mean they are in fact reality -- and are likely not his honest inner thoughts.

It does no one any good to dwell on the what ifs or the should have done this, shouldn't have done that. There is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube. You made attempts to head off trouble. If you noticed things were off it's darned sure his parents did also. You can't blame yourself for not heading this off if his own parents were unable to do so. You and your husband have gone to extraordinary lengths to be supportive and try to assist Dom and his parents, even before the accident. I pray you all continue to remain strong in the face of very stiff odds.

I absolutely hear your anguish and understand your thoughts for doing so, but if I might gently suggest that you might not have the clearest head, particularly on a day like today, to make the choice to place such raw and honest personal details on such a public forum. Please know that is not a criticism, merely a nudge that, while it might potentially help someone, it's pretty certain it has the potential to wound those whose personal lives are out here for anyone to read -- including those searching for ways to make contact with Dom, which we've already seen here on the thread.

Nothing but good thoughts and prayers headed out for all of you.
Your opinion. There were many many people here who cared very much about my nephew, and it helped my family greatly to know how many people were praying for him. I hope your family never has to go through what mine has. Also, what I posted about why I had to delete my posts was not strange, it was true, and it happened, no matter what you may think, or what you may think you know. I guess all the vloggers/bloggers who post about their life shouldn't do that either, because you know, it's deeply personal? You do what you think is good for you, and I'll do the same.

????? I've quoted above my post from March of '17. You had no issue with it then, I have no idea why you would react so aggressively to it now? I offered prayers and good thoughts for you and your family all through this thread, yet because I have a different thought than you hostility is the way you choose to respond?

????? I've quoted above my post from March of '17. You had no issue with it then, I have no idea why you would react so aggressively to it now? I offered prayers and good thoughts for you and your family all through this thread, yet because I have a different thought than you hostility is the way you choose to respond?

You basically said she should have never started this post, sharing her family's tragedy with all of us. You then go on and call her update "strange"......and you don't know why she would be offended?! It is obvious she has suffered an emotional trauma and your taking offense to her response, is furthering her pain.....just wish her family well. HUGS Teresa!!!

You basically said she should have never started this post, sharing her family's tragedy with all of us. You then go on and call her update "strange"......and you don't know why she would be offended?! It is obvious she has suffered an emotional trauma and your taking offense to her response, is furthering her pain.....just wish her family well. HUGS Teresa!!!

Thank you. You explained it perfectly.

Edited 8/29/20- This thread was initially made asking for prayers for my nephew, Dominic, who survived a drowning 4 1/2 years ago on March 24th, 2016. He was 25 years old at the time. Ever since being discharged from the hospital he has been in numerous facilities, from acute rehabs to subacute rehabs, to brain injury rehabs, and for the past several years, a long term care facility. I had to delete all my posts on this thread for personal reasons, but felt it wasn't fair to those who've been faithfully following for all this time to leave them in the dark. Therefore, I've decided I will continue to periodically update about how Dom is doing, but will leave all identifying information, location and otherwise, out of it. Thank you all again, my dear DIS friends, who have continued to pray and have kind words for Dom and our family, without any judgment or belittlement thrown in.

Dom is doing well, but it is hard on his mom not being able to be with him like she was most days pre-Covid. She does get to see him twice a week now, for about 20 minutes each time, and she is grateful for every second. Sadly, Dom hasn't been able to go for his hyperbaric oxygen treatments, or his Botox treatments because of the covid restrictions, so his mom is very concerned about that. Hopefully they'll be able to restart those soon.

Edited 8/29/20- This thread was initially made asking for prayers for my nephew, Dominic, who survived a drowning 4 1/2 years ago on March 24th, 2016. He was 25 years old at the time. Ever since being discharged from the hospital he has been in numerous facilities, from acute rehabs to subacute rehabs, to brain injury rehabs, and for the past several years, a long term care facility. I had to delete all my posts on this thread for personal reasons, but felt it wasn't fair to those who've been faithfully following for all this time to leave them in the dark. Therefore, I've decided I will continue to periodically update about how Dom is doing, but will leave all identifying information, location and otherwise, out of it. Thank you all again, my dear DIS friends, who have continued to pray and have kind words for Dom and our family, without any judgment or belittlement thrown in.

Dom is doing well, but it is hard on his mom not being able to be with him like she was most days pre-Covid. She does get to see him twice a week now, for about 20 minutes each time, and she is grateful for every second. Sadly, Dom hasn't been able to go for his hyperbaric oxygen treatments, or his Botox treatments because of the covid restrictions, so his mom is very concerned about that. Hopefully they'll be able to restart those soon.

Thanks Teresa. I continue my prayers for Dom, you, and your family. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter