• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update-we chose Hyatt Place Safe clean hotel within walking distance or good shuttle times?

I second Motel 6 Main Gate on Disney Way. Im a solo female traveller and I have stayed there multiple times and Im booked there for my June 2019 trip. Its the first pickup and first drop off on the ART bus route , travel time is approx 10 minutes, depending on traffic. There is a small convenience shop in the lobby, a swimming pool, and vending machines in the lobby. There is free coffee before 10am and microwaves for guests use also in the lobby. They sell the ART tickets at reception.

In your judgement, would you say this hotel is within walking distance? I've never been to DL before and this is one of the hotels I'm considering

In your judgement, would you say this hotel is within walking distance? I've never been to DL before and this is one of the hotels I'm considering

I have seen people walking back at night time, passed them on the bus, lol. My aching feet after 14 hours in the park just wouldnt be able to make it. However in the morning, when Im fresh I might do. But I prefer to take the bus, its easy, it picks you up in the carpark, opposite reception and less than 10 minutes you are at the Disney bag check area

Update - we ended up booking Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort Convention Center. As a hyatt member I was able to book for $124/night which includes breakfast and it looks to be about a 5 minute walk to the Toy Story lot. The regular rate for the same night was around $170 so it is worth it to sign up for the Hyatt free program, even if it is just to get this discount.

I really appreciate all the input everyone gave, this DL area of the Disboards is such a nice community of people who know their stuff and are so willing to help - THANK YOU!

Does any one have feedback regarding Four Points by Sheraton? Is it a far walk? Is it in an ok area?
Stayed at Four Points this past March. I read reviews before going about depending where your room is, you hear traffic all night. Did not have any complaints about this and we stayed in a room facing the road. It is within walking distance of DL. Had to cross 1 busy intersection but other than that definitely recommend FP.

As I mentioned above, the kids ended up staying at Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort Convention Centre and they were very very pleased.

-They felt it was no longer than a 5 minute walk to the Toy Story parking lot and taking that shuttle was and amazing DL trip hack. It allowed them to essentially get to the parks within 10-15 minutes of leaving the hotel front door.
-My daughter pointed out that at WDW you end up waiting for busses and monorails but the Toy Story shuttle runs so frequently, they never waited more than 2 minutes.
She noted that strollers needed to be folded before you could board
-They loved the Hyatt breakfast that was included for Hyatt members (free to join) It included scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, a specialty dish like Chilaquilles (scrambled eggs, cheese and tortillas) plus fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, breads and lots of other items
-The pool was small and unheated, they got in and basically got back out and then spent time in the hot tub warming up
-You do need to pay to park
-There was a small convenience store next door at Cortona Inn
-Rooms were spacious and the same as any other Hyatt place but the room they had was 2 queens and a pull out sofa so you could put a larger family in a room like this if little ones shared the sofa bed

Once again, thanks all around to everyone for coming to our aid with all your amazing DL area knowledge, they really enjoyed this hotel

So glad everything worked out for your kids! Thank you for reporting back. :) (Did you get your treats from Jolly Holiday?)

So glad everything worked out for your kids! Thank you for reporting back. :) (Did you get your treats from Jolly Holiday?)

I kind of did, they ended up getting me the almond toffee because they thought it would travel best. I guess I will have to make a trip to the land to get the Matterhorn Macaroon myself!

Hyatt Place is good, but in my experience Hyatt House is even better and closer.

You might be right about that but the price difference was just too much to justify it.

I kind of did, they ended up getting me the almond toffee because they thought it would travel best. I guess I will have to make a trip to the land to get the Matterhorn Macaroon myself!...

So, in a roundabout way, they sort of did you a favor by giving you an excuse to plan another trip back to DLR? Oh, how thoughtful!! LOL! (And now you know where to stay!)

Re: the water pressure, I figured an easy go-round at my last visit! At least in my room, there was a regular shower head and a hand-held shower. They don't come from the same faucet/line weirdly enough, so you can get twice the water by turning them both on. It was glorious.

Smart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter