They were physical cards and supposed to arrive by 4/24...does that make a difference?
Yes, they don't give credit until they ship. If they didn't ship yet, the order won't credit towards the bonus until it does. I did an order that was curbside, but one item was shipping. It shipped a few days after I picked up my order. At that point, I got the credit.

Yes, they don't give credit until they ship. If they didn't ship yet, the order won't credit towards the bonus until it does. I did an order that was curbside, but one item was shipping. It shipped a few days after I picked up my order. At that point, I got the credit.
Uh oh hopefully they will ship today or tomorrow! I’m going to purchase additional gift cards at the Target store tomorrow.

I think you figured it out! My DGCs were e-cards.

Reporting back in.
Disney Gift Card customer service asked for me to send pics of my receipt as well as the front and back of the scam gift card. They were able to put a freeze on the funds associated with that card number and they are going to reissue me a new eGift card to my email address.
Have you received your new Disney eGift card?

Hopefully everyone is refresh and recharged after the Easter weekend!

Big shout out to @happiestpoe for the Weekend Updates and doing so while on vacation! :worship::love: Offers have been posted on the Main Pages accordingly.

Last Week Highlights:
  • A few peeps are experimenting with PayPal's Cashback Offers, hopefully we'll see some data points (DP's) to help fill in the blanks on gift card purchases.
  • @miztressuz posted about a new Best Buy Chase offer Exp. 6/02/22. so be on the look out for that. Best Buy offers discounts on a variety of gift cards including Disney , instacart and uber which was stackable with cashback websites and/or ibotta.
  • @Chereya has kept us apprised of a fraudulent/invalid Disney Gift Card purchased at Target.
Thank you all so much for your help on the thread and posting deals and data points.

Family Fare has a gift card sale again. Not Disney, unfortunately, but it might help someone.
$10 off $50, limit 2 for Gap, Ihop, Cracker Barrel, Playstation, Applebees, Lowe's, and Subway.
1650306337216.png

Added Offer ~ 4/18/22

Discount District
Family Fare: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 off
Includes: Applebee’s, Cracker Barrel, Gap, IHOP, Lowe’s, PlayStation Store and Subway​
Expires 4/23/22. GCG

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
American Express Gift Cards Amex Offer: Various Offers
  • Spend $300 & Get $20 Back
  • Spend $200 & Get $10 Back
    • American Express occasionally runs Amex Offers on Amex gift cards but they’re usually not worth the effort as the statement credit is $10 and Amex gift cards are harder to liquidate.
    • However, a $20 statement credit for a $300 gift card is a little more interesting and so worth considering. Seeing as Amex eGift cards are eligible, the easiest thing to do would be to order a $295 eGift card to avoid shipping fees and liquidate it on Amazon. The cards comes with a $5.95 purchase fee which is why you should only need to buy a $295 card to meet the $300 spending threshold.
    • At the time of writing this post, you can use promo code PHONE502 to deduct $3.95 from the purchase fee. That means you can in fact buy a $298 gift card which will have a $2 purchase fee to hit the $300 threshold. Getting $20 back means you’re making $18 profit. There might be other promo cards offering an even better discount, so let us know in the comments below if you find any.
    • Seeing as this Amex Offer is valid for almost three months, another option is to wait a month or two to see if Amex launches a different promo code which fully waives the purchase fee which is what they’ve done at times in the past.
    • Expires 7/05/22. GCG
USAA Shopping Portal: Spend $100 & Earn $10 Bonus Cashback
  • Limit 1. Direct link to offer.
  • Allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus Cash Back to post to your account.
  • If you were to spend exactly $100, earning an effective 10% cashback bonus on that spend is a great return. Although gift card purchases are listed as being excluded, buying gift cards from Raise or Giftcards.com should trigger the bonus from this offer.
  • Expires 4/30/22.
    • Raise: New Member Special: Extra 15% off EVERYTHING with code: 15PERCENT
    • Max savings $20. Direct Link

I'm so ready for Spring!

This past weekend I reorganized our home, washed & put away all the winter stuff and replaced them with Spring & Summer. It was wonderful, I had the windows and sliding glass door open to a warm breeze.
Here's the kicker, I didn't have time to watch the news but should have made time...it's snowing now! 3-5 inches is what's predicted. :eek:
1650310976652.png Oh, the lazy days I long for :beach:

I'm so ready for Spring!

This past weekend I reorganized our home, washed & put away all the winter stuff and replaced them with Spring & Summer. It was wonderful, I had the windows and sliding glass door open to a warm breeze.
Here's the kicker, I didn't have time to watch the news but should have made time...it's snowing now! 3-5 inches is what's predicted. :eek:
View attachment 663351 Oh, the lazy days I long for :beach:

WOW! It is currently 47 in Raleigh and I have my snow boots on. wayyy too cold for this Texan!

I'm so ready for Spring!

Oh, the lazy days I long for :beach:
I feel for you and my family in Ann Arbor, South Lyon, and Lake Orion. Oh, and it's now 82 degrees here.

Do any of the Disney Springs Disney restaurants sell gift cards that can be used as regular Disney Gift Cards? I'm getting 15x points back on Restaurants on an Amex Platinum and want to find a way to pick up a few thousand Disney or Universal GC's.

Do any of the Disney Springs Disney restaurants sell gift cards that can be used as regular Disney Gift Cards? I'm getting 15x points back on Restaurants on an Amex Platinum and want to find a way to pick up a few thousand Disney or Universal GC's.
You could get the Landry's gift cards that you can use at T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe (in Disney Springs), and Yak & Yeti in AK. But honestly, as they are 20% off at Sam's I am not sure if that is worth it. Especially when you can stack that with 2% Ibotta and 5% cashapp for 27% off. (I bet you can guess where my family is eating on our non-park days....)

You were absolutely correct! I got the shipping notice yesterday and this morning I see that I did get the credit toward the Target Circle reward. 😊

So you're basically wondering if restaurants in Disney Springs sell Disney or Universal gift cards, your intentions are to use the Amex in-restaurant to secure 15x points.

I'm not sure of restaurants that sell gift cards other than their own. We have a few peeps currently at WDW hopefully they'll read and post their observations.

Hmmm, I do know WDW sold/sells eGift cards at some locations though I'm not sure that would trigger the statement credit. Back then they weren't sold at restaurants but things always change.

Added Offers 4/19/22

Warehouses
Costco:
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Hyatt Regency Amex Offer: Spend $300 & Get $60 Back
Buy Physical Gift Card From Front Desk
Expires 7/23/22. DoC
Will also stack with other Hyatt deals such as:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter