• Expires 8/15/23.

Staples

1691678166408.png
  • Buy $200 Mastercard Gift Cards with no purchase fees
    • Limit 5 per customer per day
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/13/23 - 8/19/23.
Credit Cards & More

I'm going to quote myself and add a buyer beware. Keep in mind that that I work from home.

Here is my tale of woe. 😥

7/21 - I was given a $250 award at work for good customer service. I put the Walmart gift cards in my account and purchased Disney gift cards of the same amount.
7/21 - Received 2 confirmation emails that items have been shipped. #1 $50 DGC to arrive EOD 7/22 and #2 $100 x2 DGC to arrive EOD 7/24.
7/24 - Email from Walmart that package was delayed. Referencing the $50 DGC.
7/26 - Received $50 DGC. Fedex confirmed delivery with photo.
7/27 - Email from Walmart that package was delivered. Referencing the 2 $100 DGC.
7/27 - Checked tracking status since I had not received the package (home all day). No photo on Fedex site. Site states it was delivered on 7/24. So I got a notification of delivery 3 days after it was supposedly delivered. Checked Walmart and the suggest waiting 2 business days to see if it arrives.
7/29 - Spoke with Walmart support. Should get email within 24-48 hrs with resolution. Assured that I would get what I paid for.
8/1 - Spoke with Walmart again. Told should receive refund to Walmart cards in 3-5 hours.
8/3 - Receive email from Walmart. "Our research shows your Order 200011120115922 as delivered via tracking number 609978474502. Check with anyone who may have accepted the delivery. Please refer to our Walmart.com Terms of Use: https://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8".
8/4 - Contacted FedEx to try and get proof of delivery.
8/8 - Response from FedEx "We have concluded our search. If the package has not been located, please contact the shipper to proceed with their Lost Package Procedures."

In case you were wondering, Walmart link shows...

D. Gift Cards​

The risk of loss and title to any gift cards passes to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. Your purchase and use of gift cards is subject to the full terms and conditions related to gift cards, available at https://walmart.com/help/article/Gift-Card-Terms-and-Conditions/9881a4e10ab24dbe8f406df5c75acefd.

So it would appear that I am Shi* out of luck for the 2 $100 gift cards. At this point, I'm just don't know what else to do. At least it wasn't my actual money, but still...

What would you do?
Unfortunately, this is always the one downside to using gift cards or prepaid visa/mastercards - you lose the chargeback opportunity that a credit card gives if something goes wrong. I wrote about this in a post on this thread in 2020 when I bought some calculator charging cables from Texas Instruments and used a prepaid Visa gift card and FedEx claimed the package was delivered but I never got it. After numerous calls between FedEx and TI, FedEx finally admitted they delivered the package to the wrong place and said they would refund the money to the shipper (Texas Instruments). Unfortunately, every time I called TI, they said they had not received the refund from FedEx. And then when I called FedEx, they said they had refunded the money to the shipper but couldn't send me that in writing since I wasn't the shipper. Finally, I filed a chargeback with Blackhawk Network (who sells the prepaid Visa/ Mastercards from Staples) and you have to fill out a whole bunch of forms, then they took 3 months to investigate and after 3 months they denied my chargeback. At that point, I decided it wasn't worth it to spend any more time on this over $27.

The point is, any time you are buying something that will be shipped to you and you are paying with a gift card or a prepaid visa/mastercard, if things go wrong, you are at the mercy of the company as you have no chargeback protection.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-62105463

Amex Supermarket offer
Get 10% back on grocery purchases, up to $30
Expires 10/6/23

it was on my Cash magnet card.
That's awesome!
I posted the offer back on June 22, 2023, are you saying you just got the offer now?

US Bank Cash+ card
Thanks for posting these offers, I've added them to the following:
Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY
Post #2 Discount District
Post #3 Amazon & Credit Card Offers

I cannot remember if anyone bought Disney gc from Kohl's or Old Navy when Chase had 20%? I know I bought Amazon.
We have photo confirmation of other gc for Kohl's and it does not include Disney., anyone?

Kohl's
Buy 3rd Party Gift Cards with the offer listed below
Credit Cards & More
  • Kohl’s: US Bank Cash+ Card: Earn 10% back, up to $7
  • Kohl's Rewards also accepts Apple Pay.
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay
  • 11/20/22 Photos of 3rd party gift cards. Post #11857
Old Navy
Buy 3rd Party Gift Cards with the offer listed below
Credit Cards & More
US Bank Cash+ card Offers:
  • Best Buy: Earn 10% back, up to $23
  • CVS: Earn 10% back, up to $3
  • Kohls’s: Earn 10% back, up to $7
  • Old Navy: Earn 10% back, up to $6

I'm very uncomfortable buying physical gift cards by mail these days. I had a $500 card stolen within 10 minutes of time of delivery. My own personal theory is that it was stolen by the fill in mail carrier we had that day. (When I realized it wasn't there I went looking for the mail truck to ask questions and found him parked in the truck so talked to him. A couple days later the empty box from the other package stolen at the same time was found yards from where he was parked).

Anyway, thankfully I had purchased directly from Disney (on a Black Friday deal with Rakuten) and Disney did send another.

Trying to recall, but I remember the return address saying "card fulfillment center" or such. Really dumb.

No matter how we buy gift cards there is always a risk.
In store, tampered
Mail, stolen/lost
Email, hacked
Registering them, hacked.

Quite a few offera on my US Bank Cash+ card

kohls’s earn 10% back, up to $7
best buy earn 10% back, up to $23
CVS earn 10% back, up to $3
Old Navy earn 10% back, up to $6

All of these are for 1 purchase. All expire September 22.
Not sure, but the Best buy offer probably stacks with the 5% electronics category I picked for my quarterly bonus on the cash+ card.
Where do you see these offers?

Instead of waiting for Staples to have fee-free Visas again (I expect the last week of the month as they have been doing), I've been making do with Office Depot's current offer of $15 off $300. I've successfully purchased the following configurations on different days:

3x $200 VGCs, $30 came off automatically. After fees, the total was $590.85.

6x $200 VGCs, $60 off automatically. After fees, total: $1,185.70

Better than Staple's fee-free offer, except I never have issues at Staples with the cashiers there. . . At OD, the first cashier was very grumpy and said he needed a manager approval. While we waited for the manager, he kept making sly remarks about my "scheme" and how he should do it too and turn his life savings into VGCs -- give me a break, it's not a scheme, it's on the weekly ad and I'm saving a whopping $9.15 🙄.

The second cashier was friendlier, but still seemed bothered by having to enter each amount (it was the kind where you choose an amount) and then the system had him input the information on my ID, which he seemed bothered about, too. I need to spend another $300 on my Ink card so I'll do it once more, but I'm kinda scared about what the cashier will say this time, lol.

Instead of waiting for Staples to have fee-free Visas again (I expect the last week of the month as they have been doing), I've been making do with Office Depot's current offer of $15 off $300. I've successfully purchased the following configurations on different days:

3x $200 VGCs, $30 came off automatically. After fees, the total was $590.85.

6x $200 VGCs, $60 off automatically. After fees, total: $1,185.70

Better than Staple's fee-free offer, except I never have issues at Staples with the cashiers there. . . At OD, the first cashier was very grumpy and said he needed a manager approval. While we waited for the manager, he kept making sly remarks about my "scheme" and how he should do it too and turn his life savings into VGCs -- give me a break, it's not a scheme, it's on the weekly ad and I'm saving a whopping $9.15 🙄.

The second cashier was friendlier, but still seemed bothered by having to enter each amount (it was the kind where you choose an amount) and then the system had him input the information on my ID, which he seemed bothered about, too. I need to spend another $300 on my Ink card so I'll do it once more, but I'm kinda scared about what the cashier will say this time, lol.
I think for most people the difference is that a lot more people have a local Staples store than an Office Depot store. Staples has stores in 799 cities in the US while OD only has stores in 658 cities. And OD has no presence in some of the biggest cities like New York City or even the whole state of New Jersey.

Big Y (supermarket): My Big Y offer (must add from the website to your card)

Get $10 off when you buy $50 in participating gift cards. Limit 1, 8/10-8/23

GCs: Barnes & noble, bath & body works, Cinemark, Dick’s, Fanactics, Old Navy, H&M, Spafinder, Happy Game & Grub, and Happy Let’s Eat

How you know you're over doing it in the gift card game: you get really excited that your weekend road trip takes you past the closest Office Depot still open anywhere near you.

Normally those offers just laugh at me and my inability to reasonably reach an OD, but we've got 10% on 5 cards and we're packing them all!!! :rotfl2:

We leave to DisneyWorld on Sunday, and we noticed there is an Office Depot on the way from Orlando airport to DisneyWorld (since there is no OD anywhere near where we live). However, we decided that it isn't worth it to have the uber stop there on the way so no OD for us this time!

I'm going to quote myself and add a buyer beware. Keep in mind that that I work from home.

Here is my tale of woe. 😥

7/21 - I was given a $250 award at work for good customer service. I put the Walmart gift cards in my account and purchased Disney gift cards of the same amount.
7/21 - Received 2 confirmation emails that items have been shipped. #1 $50 DGC to arrive EOD 7/22 and #2 $100 x2 DGC to arrive EOD 7/24.
7/24 - Email from Walmart that package was delayed. Referencing the $50 DGC.
7/26 - Received $50 DGC. Fedex confirmed delivery with photo.
7/27 - Email from Walmart that package was delivered. Referencing the 2 $100 DGC.
7/27 - Checked tracking status since I had not received the package (home all day). No photo on Fedex site. Site states it was delivered on 7/24. So I got a notification of delivery 3 days after it was supposedly delivered. Checked Walmart and the suggest waiting 2 business days to see if it arrives.
7/29 - Spoke with Walmart support. Should get email within 24-48 hrs with resolution. Assured that I would get what I paid for.
8/1 - Spoke with Walmart again. Told should receive refund to Walmart cards in 3-5 hours.
8/3 - Receive email from Walmart. "Our research shows your Order 200011120115922 as delivered via tracking number 609978474502. Check with anyone who may have accepted the delivery. Please refer to our Walmart.com Terms of Use: https://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8".
8/4 - Contacted FedEx to try and get proof of delivery.
8/8 - Response from FedEx "We have concluded our search. If the package has not been located, please contact the shipper to proceed with their Lost Package Procedures."

In case you were wondering, Walmart link shows...

D. Gift Cards​

The risk of loss and title to any gift cards passes to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. Your purchase and use of gift cards is subject to the full terms and conditions related to gift cards, available at https://walmart.com/help/article/Gift-Card-Terms-and-Conditions/9881a4e10ab24dbe8f406df5c75acefd.

So it would appear that I am Shi* out of luck for the 2 $100 gift cards. At this point, I'm just don't know what else to do. At least it wasn't my actual money, but still...

What would you do?
This is so frustrating. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I think it's highly possible FedEx left it elsewhere so it's "delivered" in their eyes. I hope Walmart (or FedEx who should be held accountable) can make it right.

I ran into something similar a few months ago, but it wasn't gift cards. I ordered something off eBay and my DD had an order from Target. USPS said they put in the mailbox. There is no way the items would fit in the mailbox. I filed a complaint, DH went into the USPS to see if they can track it (the eBay seller said they have GPS records that can do this). Nothing. Target replaced the items, with eBay I just let it drop since it was $20 and the seller couldn't replace and it was not their fault. I'm pretty sure someone in my neighborhood got that and my regular mail that day since the mailbox was completely empty (our regular delivery man was out that date)

Yet that same week, FedEx left a package on my doorstep that was for my neighbor. It was her new credit card!! (Edited to add, I also was walking up my street at the time and saw the delivery man take the photo).

It's so annoying that carriers of any type seem not to be held accountable for screwups.

Last edited:
Big Y (supermarket): My Big Y offer (must add from the website to your card)

Get $10 off when you buy $50 in participating gift cards. Limit 1, 8/10-8/23

GCs: Barnes & noble, bath & body works, Cinemark, Dick’s, Fanactics, Old Navy, H&M, Spafinder, Happy Game & Grub, and Happy Let’s Eat

Thank you so much for posting, I didn't see anything in the ad so this is very helpful.
Quick Q.
Limit 1 per transaction or are you limited to just buying one gift card?
Is this a targeted offer?
Again, thank you so much!

Discount District
Big Y
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards for $40
    • Includes: Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, Cinemark, Dick’s, Fanactics, Happy Game & Grub and Happy Let’s Eat, H&M, Old Navy and Spafinder
    • Limit 1. Direct link
    • Must load coupon.
    • Expires 8/23/23. Post #18155 :thumbsup2 @Twilghtsprkle

I just saw on my Disney Visa an offer for Southwest Airlines for 10% back. Expires 9/3/23.

Earn 10% back on your Southwest Airlines® purchase when you spend $50 or more, with a $40.00 back maximum.

Offer expires 9/3/2023. Offer valid one time only. Offer only valid on purchases made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on Southwest Vacations, Southwest Points purchases, inflight purchases or fees. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date.

We leave to DisneyWorld on Sunday, and we noticed there is an Office Depot on the way from Orlando airport to DisneyWorld (since there is no OD anywhere near where we live). However, we decided that it isn't worth it to have the uber stop there on the way so no OD for us this time!
Hey buddy,

Have a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to hear all about it!

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter