You're referring to this on Post #1? If so, you read it wrong. GIANT sells Disney gift cards, with this offer you will earn 8x points. That's all. There's no mention of using a Choice brand gift card.

GIANT, Martin’s & Stop & Shop
GIANT & Martin's
  • Earn 8x Points On Disney Gift Cards
I went to GIANT and bought this Disney gift cards. There were no bonus points at all on Disney. They pointed out that the ad referenced in post 21068 says “Gift of Choice” gift cards are 8x, they said they are similar to Happy where you exchange them at giftofchoice website. I thought maybe someone here had further info on them.

I went to GIANT and bought this Disney gift cards. There were no bonus points at all on Disney. They pointed out that the ad referenced in post 21068 says “Gift of Choice” gift cards are 8x, they said they are similar to Happy where you exchange them at giftofchoice website. I thought maybe someone here had further info on them.

I see. Gift of Choice are still so very new. I don't have any PD's.
Happy brand use to work at GameStop but were a few comments made that you could no longer exchange them for Disney gift cards in-store. How these Gift of Choice will work is still unknown.

I'm sorry for the confusion of the Giant gift card offer. The ads are so difficult to read. I'm surprised it wasn't noticed before. I would have corrected it immediately.

I made a horrible mistake. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do? I bought (what I thought) were Disney cards from Sams club and they are Disney Plus. I called and they put me through to a bunch of different places including to Disney Plus and Disney gift cards, and WDW and then back to Sams. Everyone said no. I am sick about this as I have no need for 200 dollars worth of Disney plus. We are saving for our trip in Feb.
I just want to observe that I have seen many reports of people making this error. A lot of purchasers either don't notice the little "+" indicator, or they think it just means something like "Wow, these are amazing Disney gift cards." Then they find out they have bought useless cards. It seems like vendors could try a little harder to clarify to shoppers that these are not the cards they want.

It seems you can place multiple orders for the Costco deal. I bought enough to cover my 2024 dues. I know I could get a bit better % with different deals over time, but that was the easiest 10% I’ve gotten recently.

Edit: received 4 cards from two orders. They cancelled the other orders.

Last edited:

It seems you can place multiple orders for the Costco deal. I bought enough to cover my 2024 dues. I know I could get a bit better % with different deals over time, but that was the easiest 10% I’ve gotten recently.

Did you receive all the orders? None were cancelled?

so this is interesting, check out the banner at the top of Costco's webpage . although when you click on it, it says not available....

View attachment 816171

Great catch! Well this is certainly out of no where. I never received any heads up from Costco for the Disney egift cards.
It's not listed in any ad. Wonder why they didn't notify their members.

I was able to pick up two. Awesome find and thanks for posting!

Very strange this came with no fanfare! Glad to have an easy 10% (plus executive membership extra %) off two cards! Thanks for the heads up!

Very strange this came with no fanfare! Glad to have an easy 10% (plus executive membership extra %) off two cards! Thanks for the heads up!

I was thinking the same. I maxed out on my Chase Freedom Q4 warehouse bonus on Sam's GC deals on Southwest and Instacart last month, but still happy that I can have this deal with the easy 10% + 2% Excecutive rewards + 2% Costco Citi Visa rewards. I checked for GC exclusions on Costco's Executive rewards website and it only mentioned their own shop cards as being excluded but when I googled the question itself CNET said gift cards (without any qualification) are excluded. Regardless, still a good discount and a little bit easier to upload one set of codes instead of multiple sets with the lower denomination GCs.

I was thinking the same. I maxed out on my Chase Freedom Q4 warehouse bonus on Sam's GC deals on Southwest and Instacart last month, but still happy that I can have this deal with the easy 10% + 2% Excecutive rewards + 2% Costco Citi Visa rewards. I checked for GC exclusions on Costco's Executive rewards website and it only mentioned their own shop cards as being excluded but when I googled the question itself CNET said gift cards (without any qualification) are excluded. Regardless, still a good discount and a little bit easier to upload one set of codes instead of multiple sets with the lower denomination GCs.
Hm, I never thought GCs besides shop cards would be excluded. I wonder if that may be old info? I mean 4% isn't a deal breaker but its still like 18 bucks!

Hm, I never thought GCs besides shop cards would be excluded. I wonder if that may be old info? I mean 4% isn't a deal breaker but its still like 18 bucks!

When I checked out it said Executive $9.00 back and Citi Visa $9.00 back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter