• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updated....I waited to long to book...this is what I get..what would you pick?

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
This is for the 1st week in September (2-9) and I procrastinated....The only moderate resort with a reasonable room discount for my dates is CBR king bed 164 a night or I can stay at Sports rack rate 106 a night or POP rack rate 124. How bad is CBR with construction, never been there. I am going to keep checking...

I vote for POP also. Maybe you'll get a refurbished room. CBR is still a pretty big mess from what I've read.

I did watch that and it doesn't look like it is too bad as long as I could get Jamaica. It is just the two of us. I don't mind the food trucks not a deal breaker to me but the noise might be??

CBR is my least favorite moderate, but I would still choose it over POP, even with the construction. There were just a lot of things about POP that I did not enjoy, and would not choose to stay there again. I have never stayed at Sports before, so I can't really help there, but if it were me, I would probably still choose CBR. Check out the CBR specific thread regarding the noise, I don't specifically remember seeing a lot of noise complaints, but that thread is really active and they will certainly be able to help.

I love staying on site, but in your situation, I'd consider staying off site. You're already within the 30 day window, so you've missed the opportunity to book FPs early, so there may not be a ton of advantage, unless you really need on site transportation. The other option is to look on sites like Orbitz, and my guess is something else will open up either there or from Disney directly; people do cancel. You can take the Pop reservation and wait until something else opens up and switch then.

Price out the Swan and Dolphin. If you don't want the Disney Dining plan and can make do without the Magical Express, it can come close to the price of a mod. There is a resort fee per room ($25 I think) on top of whatever rate you get, but the accommodations are top notch and well worth it.

ETA, you cannot do the dining plan but the savings over direct is so worth it! You are onsite and can use magical express.

POP and call to have them more refurbished room.

I am always scared to book through a 3rd party, I would rather book direct especially that it is hurricane season. I know Disney World does a great job of handling things like that. It is 447 more to stay at CBR over Sports and 316 more over POP. My husband and me are huge sports people but I don't know which one would be best for 2 adults. Does Sports have regular king bed rooms or are they all handicap rooms?

We've stayed at Sports and Movies (both adult only trips). We liked Movies over Sports. Booking this late, I would pick the cheapest option and keep looking for a room to open up through the discounts. You will want to check frequently because the inventory changes often! Your best bet will be within the next two weeks.

We found a last minute discount for our August trip just within 30 days. I would not pay the extra $ to be in the middle of a construction zone and personally we didn't love Pop to pay more than another value.

We love CBR the most of anywhere we've stayed so far but I wouldn't stay there right now. I'd probably stay at Pop...

We loved All-Star Sports but we are big Sports fans. I liked that it was the first drop off spot in the afternoon when we were sharing buses. We had two doubles so I can't advise regarding the King Beds. We are completely in the minority but like the All stars better than Pop.

Go on Hotwire. I just booked POFQ at $98 per night. I can walk you through the opaque booking if you need help.

Could you maybe message me re: how this works? I've used hotwire before but never for WDW. Are there keywords you look for to know it's on-site?

I am able to get CBR King bed for 164 or CSR standard for 146 a night with a discount. I am leaning not value because of the double beds but can't do POR either, budget. Which would be better due to construction? We will be away completely for 2 days, one at Universal and one at Busch Gardens out of the 7 nights we are there. We have stayed at CSR back in December of 2010 but it was freezing that year with record lows so we didn't really enjoy the outside too much. We have never been to CBR and it is just the two of us and we will have a car. I watched the videos and I don't think the construction would bother us??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter