Updated Magic Concierge Rooms?

I didn’t know that the room we booked for our Sept cruise on the Magic was a newly converted concierge room, but it is. 8038 is the room we booked and from the sounds of it - not part of the upgrades. Curious what they did to make it concierge?

I didn’t know that the room we booked for our Sept cruise on the Magic was a newly converted concierge room, but it is. 8038 is the room we booked and from the sounds of it - not part of the upgrades. Curious what they did to make it concierge?
You would get all the perks of concierge with the room, but the room looks like a normal verandah stateroom except with a few minor added amenities of down duvets, a pillow menu to choose from and personal robe and slippers to use during the during of cruise. Essentially the room size is the same, but you have access to the concierge services. Concierge will include things such as being able to board the ship first, have access to the concierge lounge and its amenities such as daily snacks and sodas throughout the day as well as complimentary alcohol between 5pm and 10pm, early access to the theater for seats (and free popcorn for the shows) to name a few. You also should have had priority when booking excursions and activities, 120 days before sailing, but if your cruise is in September than that date has passed.

If this will be your first-time concierge, I believe there should be several boards on the forum that discuss the nitty gritty of things that come with concierge to help make the most of it!

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/magic/staterooms-concierge/

Has anyone sailed in the updated Magic 1-bedroom suites yet? I was just wondering if the convertible sofa bed mattress was any more comfortable than before. My BBF and I are doing a May 2024 3-night cruise. We loved the 1-bedroom on the Dream for our last cruise, but the pullout couch bed was not the best (however much improved with a memory foam topper provided by our room host). We are currently in a regular concierge room but thinking of the upgrade. I just love having that second bathroom.

Has anyone sailed in the updated Magic 1-bedroom suites yet? I was just wondering if the convertible sofa bed mattress was any more comfortable than before. My BBF and I are doing a May 2024 3-night cruise. We loved the 1-bedroom on the Dream for our last cruise, but the pullout couch bed was not the best (however much improved with a memory foam topper provided by our room host). We are currently in a regular concierge room but thinking of the upgrade. I just love having that second bathroom.
I am sailing the 5-Night this coming Saturday so I would be happy to report back! I was actually planning on trying out both the pullout and the murphy this trip. Normally I go for the murphy bed because it is more comfortable than the couch, so I will let you know my thoughts!

I am sailing the 5-Night this coming Saturday so I would be happy to report back! I was actually planning on trying out both the pullout and the murphy this trip. Normally I go for the murphy bed because it is more comfortable than the couch, so I will let you know my thoughts!
Thank you! I hope that you have a wonderful cruise!

could you please find out if the 2Bedrooms & Royals were updated?
would like to know the concierage host too, will they be there in Dec
thank you

could you please find out if the 2Bedrooms & Royals were updated?
would like to know the concierage host too, will they be there in Dec
thank you
I’ve seen pics of the 2 bedroom and they’ve been updated. I can’t remember if the Royals were but I think so?

Does anyone know if the accessible 1 bedroom suites were updated on the Magic? My friend and I are going in February 2024 for my 50th birthday. We loved the rooms before and it would be nice to surprise her with a updated room. TIA. :smickey:

Shauna :eeyore:

Does anyone know if the accessible 1 bedroom suites were updated on the Magic? My friend and I are going in February 2024 for my 50th birthday. We loved the rooms before and it would be nice to surprise her with a updated room. TIA. :smickey:

Shauna :eeyore:
Yes, I just saw pictures of those! They look great.

@ArtemisPhoenix YAYYYY!!! Thanks so much for your post. This makes my day. My friend and I would have loved the old version of the suites but now I can surprise her with a renovated one. I'm really looking forward to our cruise. Thanks again. ☺️

Shauna 🤓

Last edited:
Thank you! I hope that you have a wonderful cruise!

I am finally home from our trip and can report back about the mattress situation. Personally, I usually go for the Murphy bed in the 1-Bedrooms because I find it more comfortable than the pull-out couch. HOWEVER, I was able to comfortably sleep on the pull-out couch this go-around with the new renovations. Although on the firmer side, the mattresses were newly replaced and comfy. I could not feel the folds or places where the frame beams meet the mattress which usually lead me to sleep on the Murphy bed. Likewise, if you concentrated pressure in one spot (for example resting your knee on it to reach across and grab a pillow) you could not feel the frame, something else that bothers me with pull-out couches normally. If you do prefer a softer, plushier mattress, I would still go with the Murphy, but the pull-out couch will be comfortable as well, especially if you ask for the mattress topper. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Pull-Out Couch I.jpg
    Pull-Out Couch I.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Pull-Out Couch II.jpg
    Pull-Out Couch II.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 22
I am finally home from our trip and can report back about the mattress situation. Personally, I usually go for the Murphy bed in the 1-Bedrooms because I find it more comfortable than the pull-out couch. HOWEVER, I was able to comfortably sleep on the pull-out couch this go-around with the new renovations. Although on the firmer side, the mattresses were newly replaced and comfy. I could not feel the folds or places where the frame beams meet the mattress which usually lead me to sleep on the Murphy bed. Likewise, if you concentrated pressure in one spot (for example resting your knee on it to reach across and grab a pillow) you could not feel the frame, something else that bothers me with pull-out couches normally. If you do prefer a softer, plushier mattress, I would still go with the Murphy, but the pull-out couch will be comfortable as well, especially if you ask for the mattress topper. Hope this helps!
Thank you! This is very helpful information. Glad that they seem to have switched to a dense foam type mattress for the pullout couch without all of the lumps and bumps.

I am finally home from our trip and can report back about the mattress situation. Personally, I usually go for the Murphy bed in the 1-Bedrooms because I find it more comfortable than the pull-out couch. HOWEVER, I was able to comfortably sleep on the pull-out couch this go-around with the new renovations. Although on the firmer side, the mattresses were newly replaced and comfy. I could not feel the folds or places where the frame beams meet the mattress which usually lead me to sleep on the Murphy bed. Likewise, if you concentrated pressure in one spot (for example resting your knee on it to reach across and grab a pillow) you could not feel the frame, something else that bothers me with pull-out couches normally. If you do prefer a softer, plushier mattress, I would still go with the Murphy, but the pull-out couch will be comfortable as well, especially if you ask for the mattress topper. Hope thisany thoughts on the new concierg
thanks for the info on mattresses
could you hear noise from the deck above in your cabin?
how did you like the new concierge lounge? who were the host?

thanks for the info on mattresses
could you hear noise from the deck above in your cabin?
how did you like the new concierge lounge? who were the host?
For reference we were in stateroom 8522. Yes, we did hear noise from the deck above in our cabin, primarily in the morning when the crew were rearranging the deck chairs and tables. I would say this noise started around 7/7:30 in the morning. It was not too loud, but it was there. You will get this in most Deck 8 staterooms and concierge rooms because Deck 9 is the pool decks (something they changed in the newer ships).

For the concierge lounge we absolutely LOVED IT. Aside from it not having a hot tub or wading pool like the other lounges on the other ships, I think this was my favorite lounge. It had plenty of space to hang out, eat, drink, etc. The lounge was always fully stocked with snacks and drinks. The bar area was spacious and did not get crowded during happy hour. I prefer shade over sun so the covered outdoor area was ideal. The staff was AMAZING!

The only complaint I have is there seems to be a glitch with the elevators so be prepared to wait or go down a flight to Deck 9 to grab one.

The current concierge hosts are Alina, Kemisha, and G. I cannot emphasis enough how amazing and helpful they were. The servers were awesome as well: Glennys, Ray, Carlos, and Eko.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter