Updated Savi's and Lightsaber Questions?

Peachy0118

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I have done a bunch of research on building a lightsaber at Savi's (did Droid Depo a couple of trips ago) but all my research was either pre-Covid or immediately post-Covid... And now we are planning a visit again so am hoping someone can answer this with more recent info.

Do we still need to book a reservation? Originally it was yes, then no, then... maybe? What seems to be the current practice?

Anyone have any recent experience taking the sabers carry-on on the flight home? We are traveling Westjet into Canada specifically... I know in the past it was fine and would count as carry-on but that was before the current state of air travel...

Any recent experience would be most appreciated.

I don't know if this was just a Walt Disney World thing or if Disneyland is doing it as well but you may have to pay UPFRONT for your experience. Cancel more than 24 hours in advance and you get a full refund.

Hi all! I have done a bunch of research on building a lightsaber at Savi's (did Droid Depo a couple of trips ago) but all my research was either pre-Covid or immediately post-Covid... And now we are planning a visit again so am hoping someone can answer this with more recent info.

Do we still need to book a reservation? Originally it was yes, then no, then... maybe? What seems to be the current practice?

Anyone have any recent experience taking the sabers carry-on on the flight home? We are traveling Westjet into Canada specifically... I know in the past it was fine and would count as carry-on but that was before the current state of air travel...

Any recent experience would be most appreciated.
Hello from a fellow Canadian. We booked reservations when we went in January of this year, and I kept checking back and reservations were still available even day of, IIRC. But if there's a specific day/time you want, I'd suggest booking it. We also flew Westjet home from SNA and had no issues packing 2 light sabers and 2 droids as carry on.

Hello from a fellow Canadian. We booked reservations when we went in January of this year, and I kept checking back and reservations were still available even day of, IIRC. But if there's a specific day/time you want, I'd suggest booking it. We also flew Westjet home from SNA and had no issues packing 2 light sabers and 2 droids as carry on.
wonderful!!! Thank you!!

Yes, I saw that for US travel; hoping it is the same for all flights is all.
Since you're leaving from the U.S. on your Westjet flight, it's the TSA's rules that would apply. The only problem I might foresee would be if the plane is smallish and has limited overhead storage space.

Thanks. Also love the tone of the post! Ha!
Yes, it's always refreshing to see humor from a government agency!

Carrying a saber on a plane is fine. There was a time over in Orlando where it seemed like every other person had one! 🤣 Personally, I do recommend shipping it home though. They can do that for you at the outpost shop in Galaxy's edge near teh First Order shuttle (stage where Kylo ren would come out). I am not sure on details to ship to Canada though. You'll be fine though if you bring it, even if it is a bit cumbersome.

Carrying a saber on a plane is fine. There was a time over in Orlando where it seemed like every other person had one! 🤣 Personally, I do recommend shipping it home though. They can do that for you at the outpost shop in Galaxy's edge near teh First Order shuttle (stage where Kylo ren would come out). I am not sure on details to ship to Canada though. You'll be fine though if you bring it, even if it is a bit cumbersome.
Yeah I haven't been able to find any good reliable conversation about shipping it to Canada (that isn't insanely expensive) so if anyone has information on that, that would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter