UPDATED: The start of a TR - slowly writing blog, new posts up

You've been busy!!! or rather...I've been missing. But not matter, I'm all caught up now.

How exciting for your son to be interviewed! And nice to hear that "quiet" days are indeed possible...

You had a great day at HS. I wish DS would want to see the Disney Channel characters, then I could see them for myself. I love them - particularly the Little Einsteins. But he's not fussed and happy to do other things.

Great pictures, as always.

You've been busy!!! or rather...I've been missing. But not matter, I'm all caught up now.

How exciting for your son to be interviewed! And nice to hear that "quiet" days are indeed possible...

The quiet days weren't my idea, we were forced into them because of the dancing! I think ideally I'd like to spend at least 2 weeks next time so that quiet days are possible without missing out on anything!

Your DD looks gorgeous! I am really enjoying reading your trip report. :thumbsup2

Thank you :)

You had a great day at HS. I wish DS would want to see the Disney Channel characters, then I could see them for myself. I love them - particularly the Little Einsteins. But he's not fussed and happy to do other things.

Great pictures, as always.

We did have a great day but I'm bummed that we didn't get to see more of the shows (especially Fantasmic :( ). The Playhouse characters were great fun! They interacted really well with the kids :). Even my older two, who are "too old" for Playhouse Disney really enjoyed it. Not to mention their father who was positively giddy at meeting Handy Manny! :lmao:

Next post - last day at WDW :( http://clare-usa2010.blogspot.com/2010/11/orlando-day-9.html

Awww.. I'm always sad to read about people's last days at WDW. :goodvibes

Are you scheming to get back yet? :rotfl:

Waiting for HP NEXT! And I'm also curious to find out what you thought of the Royal Pacific.

Waiting for HP NEXT! And I'm also curious to find out what you thought of the Royal Pacific.

Yes, me too as we will move offsite for our second Orlando week and I'm considering staying a night or two onsite at Universal to get the perks. I think it would be the Royal Pacific for us too :thumbsup2

Awww.. I'm always sad to read about people's last days at WDW. :goodvibes

Are you scheming to get back yet? :rotfl:

Most definitely scheming! But even though when we were there DH was very interested in DVC and talked a lot about "next time", now that we're home he's not so keen :(. I think I'll have a better chance at getting him back to California, so for now I'm looking at DLR for Xmas next year and then maybe a Mexican Riviera Disney cruise :).

Yes, me too as we will move offsite for our second Orlando week and I'm considering staying a night or two onsite at Universal to get the perks. I think it would be the Royal Pacific for us too :thumbsup2

The Royal Pacific was fine. We didn't really spend too much time at the hotel and didn't eat there or anything, but the rooms were nice enough and the pool was good, although very crowded. They had fun stuff going on at the pool every afternoon which the kids enjoyed. The best part was the Universal Express pass though. It was worth every penny to stay onsite for that :).

Ehsmum - another fantastic update!

They let on-site resort guest in at 7.30 am?? Outrageous! I'm so going to have to stay on-site at Universal next time! Sounds like the best way to see the parks there! :thumbsup2

We booked a Standard Two Queens room. It had two queen beds, a small table and chairs, bathroom, tv. Nothing too flash or out of the ordinary.

We couldn't figure out why we could hear barking whenever we were in our room during the day until we saw people collecting dogs from a few doors down. Turns out we were next door to the doggy daycare centre! Cracks me up that people take their dogs on holiday with them and leave them at daycare while they go to the theme parks :lol:.

Ehsmum - another fantastic update!

They let on-site resort guest in at 7.30 am?? Outrageous! I'm so going to have to stay on-site at Universal next time! Sounds like the best way to see the parks there! :thumbsup2

Yes, it was awesome! I'm so glad we decided to stay onsite rather then our original plan of the Holiday Inn. It cost us a few hundred dollars extra but it was worth it!

We booked a Standard Two Queens room. It had two queen beds, a small table and chairs, bathroom, tv. Nothing too flash or out of the ordinary.

We couldn't figure out why we could hear barking whenever we were in our room during the day until we saw people collecting dogs from a few doors down. Turns out we were next door to the doggy daycare centre! Cracks me up that people take their dogs on holiday with them and leave them at daycare while they go to the theme parks :lol:.

Did you three children share a Queen bed? If so, were the techically allowed to or did you sneak your youngest in?

How funny that dogs can stay at the hotel !!

Did you three children share a Queen bed? If so, were the techically allowed to or did you sneak your youngest in?

How funny that dogs can stay at the hotel !!

No we didn't sneak them in. At all hotels (except Vegas) I booked for 2 adults and 3 kids and we got two queen size beds. The 5 of us shared the two beds. Normally one adult and one child in one and one adult and two kids in the other. It was squishy but we coped. The exception was Vegas where none of the hotels would take a booking for 5 people in one room. The MGM Grand told us we could all share one room but had to only book for 2 adults and 2 kids. So I technically snuck the 3rd child in there, but I had been told that it wasn't a problem.

I was all ready to update my blog with our next day's adventure but I've run out of photo space. I've purchased some more but it will take 24 hours to go through, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Travel Mum,
I have booked Hard Rock Hotel as they will let you have a rollaway. I intend to buy one Universal Annual Pass as this will give us a significant saving on the room cost, particularly in low season. You also get 15% discount off your other park tickets and other discounts on merchandise and food, it pays for itself with only 1 trip.

Thanks for noticing Princess,
took me ages to get it to work, was copying the wrong code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter