Upgrades for Loews First Members?

kaitlynangel

Mouseketeer
I have a regular room reserved at HRH, and I added my Loews First membership to the reservation, I would like to know your experience with this card as it relates to the room upgrade that it is supposed to facilitate. I would love a Kids Suite, has anyone stayed in one and is it worth the added expense?

Please don't count on an upgrade. You don't know how many times I have to come on here and read posts from people who are upset that they were not upgraded! If you really want a kids suite, book it now!!! Otherwise, get ready to be happy about the room you are paying for.

With that said, here are my 2 upgrade tips:
1) The day before you check in, call reservations and see what availability they have for the nights you are staying. If they have a lot of availability, you have a good upgrade chance. If they are sold out for your nights, you might as well not even ask.

2) When you check in, ask if they have a Loews First upgrade available. If the front desk person seems hesitent, try bribing them with a 20. If they said they have no upgrades for that one night, ask if they can upgrade you if you are willing to change rooms the next day.

Hope these tips help.

-Jon

Originally posted by kaitlynangel
I have a regular room reserved at HRH, and I added my Loews First membership to the reservation, I would like to know your experience with this card as it relates to the room upgrade that it is supposed to facilitate. I would love a Kids Suite, has anyone stayed in one and is it worth the added expense?

I have always booked a standard room & have always gotten upgraded to a pool view or deluxe room at HRH & PBH. I have been told every time that they do not upgrade to kids suites, if you are a Loew's gold member you can upgrade to the suite for $35.00 if it's available. Next week when we go will be our first time as a gold member so we are going to try it.

We've stayed in a kidsuite twice. Both times at the Portofino. We were fortunate to get a great discount ($200/nt) so it was worth it for us because our kids go to sleep hours before we do. It's essential we all have our own "space" on vacation!

Don't count on getting upgraded to a suite...that is asking for a bit much. We have always been upgraded to a deluxe room with a great view. Loews hotels are wonderful...we stay about four times a year at Portofino..can't wait for the new one to open at Universal.

I'm three for three on the Loews First upgrades. While Jon is right to chime in to clear up that an upgrade is not a sure thing -- IF AVAILABLE is part of the deal -- it certainly is always worth asking even if it appears that the hotel is sold out.

Your attitude, more than a $20 bribe, helps here. Working the front desk can be frustrating in any high traffic hotel. So, be compassionate. The one time the hotel did appear pretty much up to capacity -- folks checking later that night were actually sent off-site despite having reservations -- we actually went from the low-end standard to a free upgrade to concierge. So, arrive early. Be considerate. And even if you don't get an upgrade you'll still be staying at an amazing hotel just a few steps away from two amazing theme parks.

Rick

I just made it to Loews Gold status!

Has anyone had success in upgrading to a suite if available for the extra $35 charge? I never try for an upgrade comp'd, but will try for the extra charge one.

Nancir

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter