Upgrading my MYW to AP now that they have Water Park add-on...

scoobygrl79

Mouseketeer
I apologize in advance because I really tried using search functions and of course, good ol' Google! Well, I had always intended on upgrading my 5 day MYW tix on my upcoming trip this Sept to APs. Then, when Free Dining was released with the "must add PH or Water Park feature" caveat, I went ahead and did so to qualify my family of 5. I think I've read through either MouseSavers (or one of the other dozens of unofficial Disney sites/blogs/etc I stalk) that if you use a Water Park feature just once, you are no longer able to upgrade MYW to a standard Annual Pass, and must now only get the Premium AP, which is way out of our budget. Just curious, has anybody done this before and know anything about this process? Am I correct if I assume that as long as I haven't activated the Water Park ticket, I can upgrade to the Standard AP, but in doing so, I will lose all Water Park n More privileges? Do these changes affect the free dining status? Thanks in advance for anyone who was able to follow my babble and help me!

Yes, if you use any of the Water Park and more entitlements you will have to upgrade to a premium AP.

Have you thought of just going with the Park Hopper add-on to qualify for Free Dining and then upgrade to a regular AP (assuming the regular is the one you prefer)? That is what we are planning to do. :)

I agree with the PP - and to answer the second question - according to Disney, no - you will not loose your free dining, you are just paying to upgrade yoru ticket - it would be no different than if you decided to stay a few extra days off site and added days to your base ticket.

according to Disney, no - you will not loose your free dining, you are just paying to upgrade yoru ticket - it would be no different than if you decided to stay a few extra days off site and added days to your base ticket.

My question is that if I have a 3 day trip in Sept and a week in November planned, and I upgrade to an AP while I'm there in Sept; will I lose my free dining for my November stay?

My question is that if I have a 3 day trip in Sept and a week in November planned, and I upgrade to an AP while I'm there in Sept; will I lose my free dining for my November stay?

You won't lose it because you will be paying still for the FD package. Which means you will still have the package tickets in November that you won't be using in November. You can keep them for the future of course. But it is a "now" expense for use that will be at least a year after September

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter