US & Canada PTR - 2 sleeps to go, wow

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
I'm going to buy my 1 day universal tickets online and it would seem that Undercover Tourist are the cheaper option at $90 which includes tax and they ship you the tickets free. Buying directly with Universal comes in at approx. $95 per ticket and you print at home.

My question is, I am going through the checkout process on Undercover Tourist and it isn't asking me for a date. Are the tickets for whatever date we want to go there? Do you not have to nominate a date????

I've always got my tickets from Undercover Tourist and only have to give them a date that you are leaving so there is enough time to ship to Oz. the tickets arrive in about a week by my experiences.
Are you using the link through Mousesavers? That saves a couple more dollars if you want. You need to subscribe to their newsletter to get the link. If you don't already subscribe I'm happy to send you the current newsletter with the link.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The website is mousesavers.com and you can subscribe to the newsletter there. It is sent out on the 15th of every month, so you have just missed September's. If you like, I could email my September one to you - did you want to PM me your email address?
They do all the tickets there, so if you need to buy WDW tickets, they seemed to have the best prices that I could find!! :thumbsup2

The website is mousesavers.com and you can subscribe to the newsletter there. It is sent out on the 15th of every month, so you have just missed September's. If you like, I could email my September one to you - did you want to PM me your email address?
They do all the tickets there, so if you need to buy WDW tickets, they seemed to have the best prices that I could find!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sending that through Heather. Tickets purchased. Very happy.

Also does anyone know if you need to make reservations for the Three Broomsticks or is it a walk up situation? Best to go for an early lunch?

Also does anyone know if you need to make reservations for the Three Broomsticks or is it a walk up situation? Best to go for an early lunch?

Pleasure - any time!! :thumbsup2
Sorry - no clue about the other question..!!! :)

Ms. Shuttergirl said:

We booked for the three broomsticks for breakfast. Shouldn't have bothered as it wasn't busy ( at 9am) and wasn't table service. So it was a walkup kind of place.It was themed really well but a bit of a letdown on the food side of things. My mistake as I thought it was a character breakfast setup...should of looked harder. Anyway at worst it had us in the right spot at the right time of day before the crowds started pouring in.

I'd recommend dine almost anywhere else in the park rather than somewhere in the Harry Potter area, Three Broomsticks is only a fraction above a Quick Service dining option (it's a Buffeteria as they call it) and it gets crazy busy at any meal time. The 'English' menu is not well done, quaint for Americans that have never tried a Cornish Pastie, Shepherds Pie etc, but substandard for Australians that can get pretend English food pretty easily. Three Broomsticks is very nicely themed, but you can go into the Hog's Head Pub for butterbeer anyway and wander through the seated area, it's at the side of the Three Broomsticks. (Hog's Head is a faster spot to get butterbeer than the outdoor carts anyway)

Are you primarily going for Harry Potter? Have you been to Universal before?

So guess what? I told my DH what you guys said about the airboats and he said okay fine, do it! I hope he doesn't regret saying that :rotfl:.

Are you sure sure sure they are safe?

Except for the crocs jumping in......;)

Seriously....you won't regret it. Think of it this way....all those people who have gone before you on the airboats over the years.....same as all those people who have gone before you on the Disney thrill rides over the years....

FWIW - I walked up for an early lunch at the Three Broomsticks. I'm not even sure that you can book for the place.

The food was bordering on just acceptable. I had the shepherd's pie, because of all the rave comments. Ho. Hum.
There was nothing vegetarian on the menu for DH.

We booked for the three broomsticks for breakfast. Shouldn't have bothered as it wasn't busy ( at 9am) and wasn't table service. So it was a walkup kind of place.It was themed really well but a bit of a letdown on the food side of things. My mistake as I thought it was a character breakfast setup...should of looked harder. Anyway at worst it had us in the right spot at the right time of day before the crowds started pouring in.

Good to hear it is walk up, that will suit us just fine.

I'd recommend dine almost anywhere else in the park rather than somewhere in the Harry Potter area, Three Broomsticks is only a fraction above a Quick Service dining option (it's a Buffeteria as they call it) and it gets crazy busy at any meal time. The 'English' menu is not well done, quaint for Americans that have never tried a Cornish Pastie, Shepherds Pie etc, but substandard for Australians that can get pretend English food pretty easily. Three Broomsticks is very nicely themed, but you can go into the Hog's Head Pub for butterbeer anyway and wander through the seated area, it's at the side of the Three Broomsticks. (Hog's Head is a faster spot to get butterbeer than the outdoor carts anyway)

Are you primarily going for Harry Potter? Have you been to Universal before?

Oh Cola, really. The theming looks really cool and I've seen pictures of this cool Family Platter that they do and I'm kinda sold on the idea :lmao:. And Butterbeer, hmmmm yum.

We are definitely primarily going for Harry Potter. We have been before, we went just after the WWoHP opened in 2010 and really enjoyed it, although it was stinking hot, insanely crowded because it was so new and our DS wasn't as into it as my DD and myself. This time my DS10 has read the first 3 books and can't wait. My DH didn't think we needed the extra expense of going again but he was outvoted :lmao:

Except for the crocs jumping in......;)

Seriously....you won't regret it. Think of it this way....all those people who have gone before you on the airboats over the years.....same as all those people who have gone before you on the Disney thrill rides over the years....

You are so funny PIO - not!!!! :rotfl2:.

The latest update is now DD14 is saying NOOOOO WAYYYYY to hanging with the Gators. Man this family are wearing me out. Not sure what to do now.

The latest update is now DD14 is saying NOOOOO WAYYYYY to hanging with the Gators. Man this family are wearing me out. Not sure what to do now.

Book. Tell them when you get there. It's another expensive trip to get out there again and it is one of those things that is almost a must-do when in Florida.

FWIW - I walked up for an early lunch at the Three Broomsticks. I'm not even sure that you can book for the place.

The food was bordering on just acceptable. I had the shepherd's pie, because of all the rave comments. Ho. Hum.
There was nothing vegetarian on the menu for DH.

That's what I hope to do, walk up for an early lunch. We ate at some Cat in the Hat Big Top place last time, ordinary burgers but nice and quiet. This time I want the experience of something Harry Pottery.

The Family Feast Platter, which you can see here that costs $49.95:-

family-feast_zps8a8067ab.jpg

It's got chicken on one side, ribs on the other and yummo veggies in the middle. The other 3 will devour the meat and perhaps a vegie or 2, I'll be nibbling along like a typewriter on the corn and those vegies like a crazy person. For $50 bucks, in a theme park, I think this is a good value. And did I mention butter beer hahaha. I love that stuff.

That's what I hope to do, walk up for an early lunch. We ate at some Cat in the Hat Big Top place last time, ordinary burgers but nice and quiet. This time I want the experience of something Harry Pottery.

The Family Feast Platter, which you can see here that costs $49.95:-

family-feast_zps8a8067ab.jpg

It's got chicken on one side, ribs on the other and yummo veggies in the middle. The other 3 will devour the meat and perhaps a vegie or 2, I'll be nibbling along like a typewriter on the corn and those vegies like a crazy person. For $50 bucks, in a theme park, I think this is a good value. And did I mention butter beer hahaha. I love that stuff.

It looks great. Hope you enjoy it.

And yes....I'm sure you've mentioned the butterbeer. Have an extra pint or two of the frozen variety for me. :cheer2:

You don't sound convinced with your "hope you enjoy it" :rotfl2::rotfl2:. Were your meals really that bad? I'm worried now :lmao:.

I haven't tried the frozen butter beer yet. Hmmmm decisions decisions. Maybe we can by both and share.

Shuttergirl - to be really honest, the food at the 3 Broomsticks didn't appeal to me. It just seemed like an overrated cafeteria and I know I've had better food at the University cafeteria. But that was in 2010.....so, things will have changed.

But that platter does look reasonable. It'll just be whether the meat is cooked well or not.

And as for butterbeer....have BOTH the liquid and the frozen variety. It sounds like you'll be there for plenty of time...why share? :thumbsup2

Shuttergirl - to be really honest, the food at the 3 Broomsticks didn't appeal to me. It just seemed like an overrated cafeteria and I know I've had better food at the University cafeteria. But that was in 2010.....so, things will have changed.

But that platter does look reasonable. It'll just be whether the meat is cooked well or not.

And as for butterbeer....have BOTH the liquid and the frozen variety. It sounds like you'll be there for plenty of time...why share? :thumbsup2

IN terms of the meat, do you mean it could be undercooked? cause that would freak me the hell out.

And yes, butterbeer, why not try both options, several times :rotfl:

IN terms of the meat, do you mean it could be undercooked? cause that would freak me the hell out.

And yes, butterbeer, why not try both options, several times :rotfl:

Sadly, I suspect it might well be the other way....overcooked and dry from sitting around the caf for a while. But if you're planning on an early lunch, it might well be okay. :goodvibes

Sadly, I suspect it might well be the other way....overcooked and dry from sitting around the caf for a while. But if you're planning on an early lunch, it might well be okay. :goodvibes

Okay well I'd always rather overcooked than undercooked but if we can get in early and get it not too dried out that would be a bonus. I guess we will see how our day pans out and if it works out it works out.

Any other suggestions for IOA dining for lunch if WWOHP doesn't fit?

Okay well I'd always rather overcooked than undercooked but if we can get in early and get it not too dried out that would be a bonus. I guess we will see how our day pans out and if it works out it works out.

Maybe someone else can help here.

I spent one day at IoA and ate at the 3 Broomsticks. Had the shepherd's pie. DH ended up having a very late lunch...he picked up a pizza in CityWalk. There are a few more options at CityWalk.

Ms. Shuttergirl said:

Outside in city walk otherwise it will be average stuff all around. IOA is a fantastic park for rides but not for food ( excluding churros) US next door is not much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter