Used code for deluxe w/package

Dunkeroo

Earning My Ears
I have been reading the boards for our trip 6-1-05 thru 6-7-05. Originally we were booked POFQ with 6 day park hoppers plus dining for 2 adults one child. I had to call to make a payment and after reading the boards I thought I would ask about a code. Not a very nice CM who said no immediately w/o looking. I then read posts of people calling back after being told no and they had a code. I called back the next day and got an awesome CM who looked and said yes we send you a postcard, lets apply it to to your ressie. POFQ would not take the code so I asked about WL. He tried that and sure enough I got a woods view at WL with my package for less than my rack rate POFQ package! Thank you DISer's!! I am not sure the breakdown but if you want to try and figure it out my package total for WL using pin code is $2068.57. Keep checking because you may have a pin code!Used code for deluxe w/package

Wow that rate is less than what I originally booked for my family at Pop Century!! Great deal!!!!!!! Congrats.

That's AWESOME!!

I called yesterday to ask specifically about using codes and dining packages and the very nice CM told me that you can't get a discounted room and a dining package.

Enjoy your vacation!!

mommytutu said:
That's AWESOME!!

I called yesterday to ask specifically about using codes and dining packages and the very nice CM told me that you can't get a discounted room and a dining package.

Enjoy your vacation!!

I've seen enough posts on this issue over the past few days to know it is possible. Now the question is, is the Disnwy rule that you can't use a code with a meal plan and some CM's just put it through anyway, or are you able to use the code with meal plans, but most cast members don't know about it, or do the rules vary for each code? I'm wondering if Disney REALLY worked at it, if they could make things any more confusing?

It seems like those who have been able to get a discount with a package are those that have a pin attached or have received a postcard/email. Maybe since Disney actually targeted these people they want them to be able to use the discount with the package. Just a thought... not really sure how or why with Disney. :confused3

Christine :flower:

BostonRob said:
I've seen enough posts on this issue over the past few days to know it is possible. Now the question is, is the Disnwy rule that you can't use a code with a meal plan and some CM's just put it through anyway, or are you able to use the code with meal plans, but most cast members don't know about it, or do the rules vary for each code? I'm wondering if Disney REALLY worked at it, if they could make things any more confusing?
I have no idea! I think they may be still working out bugs and such. I would love to have a code and a dining plan. And I'm wondering how it will all be when I go in Oct. 2006.

Is it different between AAA discounts, AP discounts, FL Res. discounts, email/postcard discounts, general public code discounts? :confused3 If it is different rules for different discounts, I can see how that can be confusing and some CMs just let them all through or none through...like the guy told me yesterday "dining package only with full rack rate room" (paraphrasing)...he obviously lets no discounted rooms have a dining package. :confused3

Maybe we should make a poll:

*I have an AAA discount and I have or was offered the dining package
*I have an AAA discount and told dining package isn't an option with the discount

and so on for each discount (AAA, AP, FL. Res., PIN, Gen. Public)

I sure could use a better code than the ap rate. We just got a letter from IRS that we owe $700 more on our taxes. :sad2: If we could knock off a few hundred more $ from our hotel, that would make me feel better. I'm happy for those of you who are getting e-mail discounts! :teeth:

;) Mommytutu, I am so in your boat!! I am just this shy of giving up, ordering tickets from ticketmania, then the next thing I think of is, give up, and just order the whole package from Disney at (*gulp ) rack rate!! :scared1:

I got a pin code (I had called earlier and didn't have one and magically one day I did.) I hate even saying that b/c I know how frustrated I got whenever I kept hearing about all of these people getting pin codes and I wasn't. Worse, I didn't even know why I wasn't getting one.

Anyway, maybe this will help someone. When the CM finally said that I did have a code, the CM then said that it could be used on a package (without me even asking her). So, I think that it can be done (with pin codes, at least). I have called back later to try to get a different resort, and some of the CMs say that they don't know how I got the quote that I got originally (applying the code to a package w/ dining). They usually click around a while or put me on hold to talk to someone, then come back and say, "Okay, I see now..." and then check for a different resort for me.

I think that the first time I got an experienced CM who knew exactly what to do. Apparently, those other CMs didn't know and had to ask someone else what was going on with my ressie. I shudder to think what I would have been told if I had gotten those latter CMs who saw my total and didn't know how I got it. I think that they would have told me that it would have been impossible to apply a pin to a pkg. Since they saw that it had been done, they knew to check into it.

Sorry this is so long, but maybe it will help. :flower:

I tried calling several timees to get a package (I think the new dining plan woulkd suit us) but have been told they can't do it. I guess, you just have to get the right CM.

Dunkeroo said:
I have been reading the boards for our trip 6-1-05 thru 6-7-05. Originally we were booked POFQ with 6 day park hoppers plus dining for 2 adults one child. I had to call to make a payment and after reading the boards I thought I would ask about a code. Not a very nice CM who said no immediately w/o looking. I then read posts of people calling back after being told no and they had a code. I called back the next day and got an awesome CM who looked and said yes we send you a postcard, lets apply it to to your ressie. POFQ would not take the code so I asked about WL. He tried that and sure enough I got a woods view at WL with my package for less than my rack rate POFQ package! Thank you DISer's!! I am not sure the breakdown but if you want to try and figure it out my package total for WL using pin code is $2068.57. Keep checking because you may have a pin code!Used code for deluxe w/package

You are so lucky! I tried to book it today and they only have AKL available for us from June 4-10th using that code. I REALLY want WL, I guess I'll keep calling to see if it opens up but I'm doubting it will.
Lesley

sisstina said:
how would you go about getting a code?

This is the million dollar question. Disney issues discount codes for Annual Pass Holders and for Florida residents on a regular basis. Sometimes they'll also issue discount codes that anybody can use, but they haven't done that lately. The best place to check if anything like that is available to you is Mousavers.com

Also, Disney mails postcards to people with discount rates and emails people with discount rates. They do this seemingly at random - nobody has been ably to figure out how to get one of these. The only suggestions are to go to their website and give them your email address and get on their mailing list. Then hope.

mommytutu said:
That's AWESOME!!

Enjoy your vacation!!

I just hung up and booked a room at Pop Century at $79.00 per night with a code and included the dining package and MYW park hopper!

tobeamouse4 said:
I just hung up and booked a room at Pop Century at $79.00 per night with a code and included the dining package and MYW park hopper!
I'm hoping I can get an awesome discount and dining package together when we go in 2006.

I just got the package code switched from POP to WL and am so excited. We are only paying 2060.00 for six nights for two adults and two children (one four year old, one infant) with 6 day park hoppers and dining at the WL for six nights with a woodsview. YES!!!!

Lesley

For those of you who used the disc codes...did you have one or call and ask if one was available?

I've never heard of calling to see if one is available before. What number do need to call?

I wish Disney would e-mail or send me a postcard rate!!! We are paying for a Grand Gathering of 9 people...(I know, we are a little crazy, but we were able to secure the funds!!) It would be nice though, if we could upgrade from POR to a deluxe on the Monorail...(I just found out I am PG w/ #3 and will be very PG in Oct!!!) We already have a reservation, so they do have our e-mail address...I was told by someone at reservations that their system doesn't "allow" them to hunt for discounts!!

DisneyGirl2005 said:
It seems like those who have been able to get a discount with a package are those that have a pin attached or have received a postcard/email. Maybe since Disney actually targeted these people they want them to be able to use the discount with the package. Just a thought... not really sure how or why with Disney. :confused3

Christine :flower:

Yes... It's because if you have a postcard code and you book it, it's like booking a package. But if you have a room-only rate code, that's all you can get. I've had different CM's explain this to me. If you get a postcard or email, you are likely to be able to add the dining. We were able to add with the email that I received.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter