USH not worth it?

DLR29

We create happiness
The prices for USH are high and I really don't see much to do there. Maybe Jurassic park or Mummy but nothing to spend a whole day. I'd much rather use that money at DLR or Knott's or SFMM. Anyone?

We enjoyed our one day at USH. Waterworld is awesome! The kids loved the Studio Tour and Jurassic Park ride. However we did have a second day free on our tickets that we didn't use, we spent the day hanging out in the hotel room and DTD. I don't think I need to go back to Universal for awhile, though it was fun.

DLR29 said:
The prices for USH are high and I really don't see much to do there. Maybe Jurassic park or Mummy but nothing to spend a whole day. I'd much rather use that money at DLR or Knott's or SFMM. Anyone?

It sounds like you already made up your mind.

Woody

I really like USH, have an annual pass for it, (it's closer to me than DLR), but if I was coming from out of town, and had to pick between USH and DLR, DLR would win every time. USH has some great rides and attractions, and the backlot tram tour is a true original (Disney MGM Studios tried to recreate it, but it just couldn't compare). But most of the other attractions at USH have comparable attractions at DLR. So it's really a matter of taste, time, and money. USH is defintely doable in one single day, and if you are in the Hollywood area during your vacation, it's really close, in fact you can take the subway from Hollywood Blvd. to Universal for a couple of bucks and save $ on parking.

DLR29 said:

If you are under 20 and need the "thrill" then USH is not for you. If you are a coaster junkie, then MM is probably a better choice. We have enjoyed our trips to USH. We like to take our time to enjoy the sublime. There are many shows worth taking in along with some rides that are different from Disney. To each their own.

Jack pirate:

I was in Costco the other day and they were selling USH tickets. I think it was around $99 for 2 adults for an annual pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter