USH - tour or rides 1st?

NavyDotz

Disney & Doughboy- so that's where all my money we
We're only going to be there one day & dont plan on upgrading to FoL passes

Is it better to do the rides 1st & then the tram tour?

Do you even have that option?
Do they steer you to the tour once you get in the gates?

What exactly is the setup @ USH? :joker:

You can do it either way. Sometimes the lower lot (where Jurassic Park and the Mummy are located) doesn't open with the rest of the park.

Hmmm... I would either way buy a Gate A.

We did the tour first, and it appeared rides gained lines after. But, it's a good idea, when you still have energy, and aren't rushing to finish everything.

NavyDotz said:
. . . Is it better to do the rides 1st & then the tram tour? . . .
We USH have annual passes. The rides have staggered starting times, so be sure to get the day's schedule as you enter. Also, USH has two areas: the "Upper Lot" and the "Lower Lot," which opens later. The two lots are connected by a series of slow escalators, so you want to visit the Lower Lot once.

If I had out of town guests who wanted to do as much as possible in one day, I would first go on the Studio Tour (it's one of the first things to open), then go to the Lower Lot (Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park, and anything else of interest). Then back to the Upper Lot for other rides and shows.

Woody

We are going on Thurs. first day of our vaccation. Is the Nickelodeon stuff on the lower or upper lot? What about the Waterworld show? I heard that show was the best one there?

woody73 said:
...I would first go on the Studio Tour (it's one of the first things to open), then go to the Lower Lot (Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park, and anything else of interest). Then back to the Upper Lot for other rides and shows.

Woody

I agree...we just got back and had little to no wait for anything by doing it this way. Make sure you bring a change of clothes if you are planning to visit the Nick soak zone! It was warm enough last week, but I don't know if I'd want to walk around wet in November

I've always done the tour first and then lower lot and back up to the upper lot...(Like everyone else) It works really well. I don't think a FOTL pass is needed at USH. The Mummy was the ride that had the longest lines and they seemed to grow longer becuase it kept breaking down.

NavyDotz said:

What exactly is the setup @ USH? :joker:

Make sure that before you go down to the bottom portion or come up and you have small children to do a potty break. There is nothing between the many sets of escalators/stairs. It is a long way down/up.
We learned the hard way when my son was younger. The poor lil guy just could not hold it anymore. Thank goodness that we were on our way out too.

We've always done it a little different w/out-of-town guests. We usually hit the lower level first (it was always open when we got there, so maybe I haven't been there right when the park opens). Actually, we've done Back to the Future, then Jurassic first, but I think I would make it Back to the Future, Mummy, Jurassic Park, the other lower level stuff - Backdraft & Special effects stages, then we'd go to the tram tour, and then the upper level stuff.

Whatever you do, don't put off the tram ride until the end. Years ago we went w/family during winter months, and the last tram tour left at 4pm. So, keep that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter