Using a Sesame Place Platinum Pass at Sea World

Ryan_B__58

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone
I'm considering buying a Sesame Place pass in order to go to Sea World and Busch Gardens when (if) I have any spare time while in school. What benefits and discounts will I get with the Sesame Place pass compared to a Sea World pass. Does the $150 I'm saving outweigh the benefits of having a pass with Sea World being my home park.

I posted this under the Sea World forum, but I figured it might get more exposure here. I apologize if I put this in the wrong section.

Thanks,
Ryan

I have had the Sesame Place Platinum pass for years. I activate it at sesame place in Pennsylvania. Others have posted about issues activating it at a different park so I don’t risk it. Sesame Place is seasonal, so make sure they are open during the time you want to activate it at the park in PA.

They are good for a calendar year and not one year from when you buy it like the Florida passes. The best deal is to buy it in Sept or Oct and activate it in PA. It will be good from that date until the 12/31 in the next calendar year. They do change the program a bit every year, so read up on the details on Sesame Place’s website first.

There are a lot of home park perks that do not transfer to the Florida parks. The website lists them all. We just care about free parking and platinum seating at shows and these perks do transfer.

I am assuming you live somewhere near Sesame Place in PA. We used to buy Sesame Place platinum passes to go to Sesame Place, Seaworld and Busch Gardens (Williamsburg and Tampa). Sesame Place is good for a calendar year and the prices went up every year. We purchased Busch Gardens Williamsburg platinum passes many years ago and could not be happier. I think we had a 2 year minimum commitment. We have fixed monthly payments. Our kids are in high school and we haven't been to Sesame Place in MANY years. I just used my BG platinum pass yesterday at SW Orlando and was able to get preferred seating for the shows. YMMV but it might be worth checking into. Previously, residents of certain states were excluded from BG platinum passes.

I have had the Sesame Place Platinum pass for years. I activate it at sesame place in Pennsylvania. Others have posted about issues activating it at a different park so I don’t risk it. Sesame Place is seasonal, so make sure they are open during the time you want to activate it at the park in PA.

They are good for a calendar year and not one year from when you buy it like the Florida passes. The best deal is to buy it in Sept or Oct and activate it in PA. It will be good from that date until the 12/31 in the next calendar year. They do change the program a bit every year, so read up on the details on Sesame Place’s website first.

There are a lot of home park perks that do not transfer to the Florida parks. The website lists them all. We just care about free parking and platinum seating at shows and these perks do transfer.

Do you know if the free parking for Sesame Place platinum passes works for free parking at Busch Gardens and Sea World? We are activating our passes next weekend and I booked Williamsburg reservations for June and Seaworld/BG Tampa for July. I'm just wondering if I need to buy prepaid parking or if my platinum passes will work for parking at each location. The website isn't really specific.

We have used the Sesame Place passes at other parks, and it has always worked for free preferred parking, unless the preferred parking area is full. This happens frequently on weekends at Busch Gardens Tampa. Regular parking is free. They will scan your pass and check ID as you pull into the lot.

We were also able to get 10% off food and beverages at all parks. The refillable cups I bought years ago also worked at every park last time I was there. I just had to pay 99 cents for refills, including icees, less the 10% discount. I’m not sure if this perk has changed, but we love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter