Using cricut expression and vinyl to make Tshirts

owensmama2007

"Adventure is out there!"
I posted this over on the Creative Designs board but didn't get a response.

I'm new to using the Cricut but want to use it to make family tees for our next trip.

Does anyone use your cricut to cut vinyl and then apply them to the tees. If so, how easy or hard it is.

I also thought about getting a Yudu screening printing machine but I'd rather use the Cricut.

I have! I made these for Pirate Night on our Cruise last October.

DSC_4002.jpg

DSC_3992.jpg

DSC_3961.jpg

DSC_3969.jpg

They all had a hidden Mickey
DSC_3972.jpg

Since we were on the ship for Halloween, I made these too. I did followed the instructions for the Mickey head tie-dying and added the jack-o-lantern face with vinyl.

DSC_4401.jpg

DSC_4398.jpg

DSC_4395.jpg

I made this one for Morgan, peace love Mickey. When Mickey saw it on Castaway Cay, he did the peace sign to her, and this was our Christmas card this year.

ChristmasCard2010_2-001.jpg

There are instructions here. I used the place Leslie recommended to buy the vinyl, quick shipping.

Any questions, please ask! It really was easy!

Oh Thank you so very much!

I will have to check it out! Your shirts turned out really nice!

I've got a few designs already made but stopped because I wasn't sure what to do as far as the vinyl.

I will!

I'm working on some more tshirt designs today! Now just gotta get the vinyl and tshirts!

Loving those shirts! So I'm also new to expression so I want to do some shirts too I think - where do you get vinyl for the shirts and how do you wash etc?

Thanks!

Jennifer, how does the tshirts and vinyl do in the wash?

The place I got my vinyl is here. That is the type you want, Siser Easy Weed.

They wash great. I *try* to remember to let the air dry (lay flat), but if they go through the dryer, they are okay - just need to be flattened a little (the vinyl, especially any parts that are layered, can get wrinkly).

Thanks, I am definitely going to do some.:goodvibes I may have to pick your brain some more.

Wow, so you adhere the vinyl cut outs to the shirt?

I just cut vinyl and used it as a sentcil with this project using a product called Tumble dye. It is a spray tye dye that is really easy to use. I made shirts with my Girl Scout troop this way.

I love your peace, love, mickey mouse shirt. My dd wanted one in WDW last year but I was too cheap to buy one, maybe now I can make her one.

Loving those t-shirts!

I need to figure out how to make some t-shirts for our upcoming summer vacation to ride the top 5 roller coasters from the Golden Ticket Awards, any ideas.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter