• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using Interval to book CO ski resorts??

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
Just curious to see if anybody has successfully been able to trade thru Interval International for any of the Colorado ski resorts (during ski season)?? If so, how far in advance were you able to book? We might be interested in a "short stay" of 4 or 5 nights and I'm wondering if that's much harder to get than just planning for a full week?? I'm guessing fewer resort options for shorter stays? (Considering this idea for next year or year after.) How often do you think one has to look for availability on Interval? One only has so much time available every day to search.......

Just curious to see if anybody has successfully been able to trade thru Interval International for any of the Colorado ski resorts (during ski season)?? If so, how far in advance were you able to book? We might be interested in a "short stay" of 4 or 5 nights and I'm wondering if that's much harder to get than just planning for a full week?? I'm guessing fewer resort options for shorter stays? (Considering this idea for next year or year after.) How often do you think one has to look for availability on Interval? One only has so much time available every day to search.......
Haven't tried Colorado, or a partial week, but for a full week have traded into Lake Tahoe for ski season. We could only stay 6 of the 7 nights, but found it worthwhile exchange.

Haven't tried Colorado, or a partial week, but for a full week have traded into Lake Tahoe for ski season. We could only stay 6 of the 7 nights, but found it worthwhile exchange.
How far in advance were you able to book it? I'm currently not seeing availability beyond this spring so I wasn't sure how far in advance we'd be able to plan?! It's the kind of trip that I would prefer to have a plan for well ahead of time as we'd probably travel with other ski friends.

As a reminder, when you search online, you are only seeing the "leftovers"--things that did not match to an ongoing search and/or were not taken almost immediately after deposit.

Ski weeks, particularly at ski-in/ski-out resorts or even those very close to the lifts are very popular. I would not expect them to be just sitting around for the taking.

So, if you want to do this, you probably need an ongoing search. I believe you can enter a search without depositing points, and only have the points committed if it matches.

As a reminder, when you search online, you are only seeing the "leftovers"--things that did not match to an ongoing search and/or were not taken almost immediately after deposit.

Ski weeks, particularly at ski-in/ski-out resorts or even those very close to the lifts are very popular. I would not expect them to be just sitting around for the taking.

So, if you want to do this, you probably need an ongoing search. I believe you can enter a search without depositing points, and only have the points committed if it matches.
Thanks but that's a little confusing. What's the difference between "searching online" and an "ongoing search"?? There are no clear instructions anywhere that I've found for using Interval. Are you saying there's a way somehow to put in a request for a specific resort area and a set of dates and just let it roll to see if I get a match notification? That is definitely not clear. The calendar for the Breckenridge options was not letting me scroll past the next 3 months. It's very confusing. Where can I get some instructions on using Interval??

Last edited:
Thanks but that's a little confusing. What's the difference between "searching online" and an "ongoing search"?? There are no clear instructions anywhere that I've found for using Interval. Are you saying there's a way somehow to put in a request for a specific resort area and a set of dates and just let it roll to see if I get a match notification?

Vacation Exchange is searching online.

Place a Request is ongoing search.

Might be easier to call and talk to a person if you aren't used to II...

1708457689778.png

Vacation Exchange is searching online.

Place a Request is ongoing search.

Might be easier to call and talk to a person if you aren't used to II...

View attachment 835556
Thanks. Do I have to deposit points first to "Place a Request"? I wouldn't know how many to deposit until I had a match, correct?

How far in advance were you able to book it? I'm currently not seeing availability beyond this spring so I wasn't sure how far in advance we'd be able to plan?! It's the kind of trip that I would prefer to have a plan for well ahead of time as we'd probably travel with other ski friends.
I don't think I've ever seen availability for the nicer resorts during ski season sitting out there unless within the 60-day window.

We put in wait-list requests.

Thanks all. I joined a couple of Interval International FB groups which has been very helpful in learning how to navigate this process.

DH and I have never skied "out west" so I am trying to research different areas and resorts. I'm a terrible skier bcuz I started late in life so I will be a green trail gal forever and am looking to find the best place for gentle greens. I do NOT have a need for speed!! 🤣 My goal is to get from the top to the bottom in one fully connected piece while hopefully not in a perpetual "pizza" the whole way down!! 😂 (I will likely start out with another lesson to get my confidence a boost.) Everyone else I'll be with are good skiers so I'll likely spend the majority of my time alone 😔 so I want to be sure I pick the right resort area. Once I narrow down where I think would be a good place I'll initiate a search. Thx again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter