Vacation week of 4/20/01

randalsheldon04

Earning My Ears
Hi, This will be our 2nd visit to Florida and our first to Universal/Islands of adventure. Can you tell me how crowded it will be?

I'm sure you mean '02, right randalsheldon04??? :D

I think you ducked the Spring Break Crowd by a couple of weeks and should not be exceedingly crowded that week. The weather should be great also! I'll miss you by 5 days, we leave the 15th. So as you can see, I HOPE for all these things! :D Have a great trip!

We are also going the week of 4/20. Last year we went to Disney May 5-13. This year we're staying at the HRH and doing just Universal and Sea World / Discovery Cove. Last year the week of May 5 the crowds were pretty light except during the parades. For the most part we walked right onto the rides. I'm hoping this year with Easter being so early that end of April will be the same.

We'll be looking for you!!

Thanks for the information. We are staying at a time share called Vistana Resorts that is about a mile from Universal. Everyone is looking forward to going. We are hoping that the crowds won't be to big either. We went to Disney the end of January of 2000. When we got there it was really nice. But the next day it dropped down into the 40's and stayed there most of the week. The only consolation was that we had no problem getting on any of the rides. That is why we decided to try April this year so that at least we can hit some warmth. Will try and do a trip report when we get back how we made out.

Thanks for the information. We are staying at a time share called Vistana Resorts that is about a mile from Universal.

Not to burst your bubble or anything...but unless there is another Vistana Resort, they aren't a mile from Universal, but rather about a mile from WDW property...

Still convenient - but it's located almost a mile from the beginning of International drive...with Universal being up at the other end...so plan on about 1/2 hour or so travel time...at least.

Vistana is a great resort though, I'm sure you'll love it! :)

Karen

I may be around on 4/20. I may be at Sea World or Disney, though

Thanks for the warning, Barry!!! Keep the children and pets indoors, people!!! :D :D :D

Will you be here for RobinCon??? ;)

Karen

Thanks Karen, I thought that it was only about a mile from Universal but Vistana is where I am staying so I will just have to put up with it. I was wondering if you knew if any of the rides would be to much for my daughter who is about 4 months pregnant. Her and her husband are also going with us. She is one who loves roller coasters and just about any other ride. I wouldn't want her to have any problems. She dosen't think that being only 4 months pregnant that she will have any problems. We are going to be doing both Universal and IOA. Any suggestions on which rides to do first at each park. Also have 13, 11, and 9 year olds going with us. Thanks Randy

Thanks Karen, I thought that it was only about a mile from Universal but Vistana is where I am staying so I will just have to put up with it. I was wondering if you knew if any of the rides would be to much for my daughter who is about 4 months pregnant.

Randy, it's a great resort, I'm told (I have a friend who vacations there for 3 weeks every year) and it's not that it's inconvenient...it's just going to be a little further than you thought.

The problem with many of the rides at IOA for you daughter is that while she'll be comfortable going on any of them, the unfortunate thing is that anything that has drops or spins is very bad for the baby...it pulls the blood away from it, and it's just not good. That said, almost every ride says not to ride if you're pregnant, and that's hogwash, they're just covering themselves!
So, I would avoid at IOA, the coasters, Dudley DoRight, Storm Force...Spiderman is a tough call, it only has a couple of spins and they are a wider spin than say a tea cup...and Cat in the Hat you can have them NOT spin the car...good idea cuz they spin fast and tight! The drop on Jurassic isn't that big...but it's probably best to avoid. Popeye and Bluto's should be fine...the rafts spin, but they're very large, so it's not a whip you around kind of thing.
At the studios...I don't see an issue with anything...Back to the future has warnings all over it, but it is just a motion simulator and has no spinning or drops. Oh...MIB would be a bad idea, that has a series of pretty good spins.
As for which attractions to do first...at IOA, Spiderman and Hulk are the biggies and generally have longer waits...if it's hot, the water rides should be done early as well. At the studios, go directly to the back of the park and do MIB a few times and then Back to the Future...the waits for those get to be bad. I'd then work my way back to the front...and check the times for any shows. Terminator 2 3D is awesome, so don't miss that, it's fine for everyone!

Karen

Hi, Thanks for the info. I think my daughter will be dissapointed but I know that she would rather pass up a ride rather than take a chance on hurting the baby. From all I've read I think there will still be plenty for her to do but not what she was hoping she could do. One thing nice about a time share is that we can come back when the baby is a few years older and then they will be able to experience how much fun it is to watch their kids having fun. My 13, 11, and 9 year olds are really looking forward to this and want to try everything. Thanks again to all for the info and will try and post a summery when we get back. Randy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter