Value of a park ticket in a MYW package?

grrrlennyl

Mouseketeer
Hi, folks!

I think I may know the answer to this, but couldn't find what I was looking for exactly.

I am planning on upgrading to an AP once I get to WDW next month. I currently have a 7-day MYW ticket (no park hopper) as part of my vacation package.

Once I use my ticket for the first time (can't wait!), will the current purchase price at the gate of a 7-day ticket without PH be what I'm credited toward my AP purchase?

Thanks so much!

Yes, I've done this.

Once you go through the gate one time the ticket on your package has the value of a stand alone ticket. So whatever a 7 day non parkhopper ticket cost the day you go in, that's what you get credited.

Yes, I've done this.

Once you go through the gate one time the ticket on your package has the value of a stand alone ticket. So whatever a 7 day non parkhopper ticket cost the day you go in, that's what you get credited.

Thank you so much!

Yep, just did this on Wed. We booked our BB package last year before a ticket increase, and our MYW tickets were bridged at the current ticket price.

AP expires 13 months from the MYW ticket's first day of use.

It is my understanding that you no longer have to use the ticket to enter a park first to have it bridged. We went to guest relations in Disney Springs the night we arrived and had a ticket upgraded to an annual pass. The price we paid was the difference between the current cost of that ticket and the cost of the annual pass.

Yep, just did this on Wed. We booked our BB package last year before a ticket increase, and our MYW tickets were bridged at the current ticket price.

AP expires 13 months from the MYW ticket's first day of use.

It is my understanding that you no longer have to use the ticket to enter a park first to have it bridged. We went to guest relations in Disney Springs the night we arrived and had a ticket upgraded to an annual pass. The price we paid was the difference between the current cost of that ticket and the cost of the annual pass.

We were unfortunate to run into a CM at the guest relations booth at the International Gateway who looked up the purchase price of our MYW tickets and used that amount when we renewed our Annual Passes. We paid approx $405 for the 5 day PH and the current gate price is around $437, but she would not credit us the current gate price. She said it was an unused ticket and therefore she had to use our purchase price. I responded by asking her if she would give us the current gate price if we entered the park on the tickets first. She just laughed and said no. Since my husband was agreeing with the CM, I wasn't about to argue. Plus, we had to catch the Magical Express in an hour so I couldn't mess around with it. But I was disappointed to have to pay more than I had expected to pay. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter