Value of unused pluses

DGPapaBear

Earning My Ears
We have heard that you can buy new park hopper passes and get credit for unused pluses from the old tickets that we have.Some of the tickets have 4 pluses on them from the year 2000.We are trying to figure out if we should "trade" them in for new 6-day park hoppers or just hang on to them since they do not expire.If anyone can help us determine the approximate value of the pluses,it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dgpapabear

If all you have left unused are plus options, you will not be able to upgrade the ticket. Disney assigns no dollar value to the individual plus options when doing upgrades. Only unused major park admission days are prorated.

Save the tickets for your future enjoyment of the water parks, PI or WWoS. Even though they are worthless for upgrading, they can save you $33 for each water park admission you go to in the future.

Does anyone know if these "Plus Only" used passes can be transferred to another person ? I have 4 used, 7 day park hopper pus passes with NONE of the plusses used.

Is it possible to just give them to someone who lives close to WDW and who might enjoy going to these places free just by using my old
park hopper pass ?

Can that be done legally ?

Originally posted by Claudia Kellenberger
Does anyone know if these "Plus Only" used passes can be transferred to another person ? I have 4 used, 7 day park hopper pus passes with NONE of the plusses used.

Is it possible to just give them to someone who lives close to WDW and who might enjoy going to these places free just by using my old
park hopper pass ?

Can that be done legally ?

There is no law/policy against giving tickets away.

IMHO, it is kind of you to give the tickets away and I see nothing at all wrong with it.

ALL Disney tickets are non-transferrable.

Unused plus features, like unused park-hopping days, never expire, and you can use them on another visit.
You can not upgrade a ticket more than 7 days after it's first use.
If you have 3 PH+ tickets from your last 3 vacations, and one has 2 plus features left and the other two have 1 PH day each, you have 2 days of park-hopping and 2 plus features. You are welcome to use them at any time, but they can not be compiled onto one ticket, nor can they be applied towards the purchase of another ticket.

Originally posted by Safari Steve
ALL Disney tickets are non-transferrable.

Unused plus features, like unused park-hopping days, never expire, and you can use them on another visit.
You can not upgrade a ticket more than 7 days after it's first use.
If you have 3 PH+ tickets from your last 3 vacations, and one has 2 plus features left and the other two have 1 PH day each, you have 2 days of park-hopping and 2 plus features. You are welcome to use them at any time, but they can not be compiled onto one ticket, nor can they be applied towards the purchase of another ticket.

You can use one ticket (with major parks days remaining) towards another ticket anytime, you are not locked into a 7 day frame. http://wdwig.com/ticket.htm#6

"All Disney tickets are non-transferable."

While this is literally true and written on the back, and it *is* against Florida law to SELL partially-used theme park tickets, there is no identification on the current or most recent past style of Park Hopper tickets. Therefore, those Park Hoppers with no guest photo are valid for the bearer, even if that bearer is not the original purchaser.

If you admit to Disney that you purchased a partially-used Park Hopper, then you risk having it confiscated or cancelled. (Though it is more likely that the scenario would be that it did not actually have as much value remaining as you had been told, and you would have no recourse. In such a situation, Disney absolutely won't help you, except to sell you a new one at the gate.)

I have never had any difficulty with the recipients using tickets that I have given away free, even those I've given to my terminally honest sister, who couldn't lie about anything to save her life. She can't even lie by omission. Every time I give her a partial ticket, she invariably marches up to GS and asks if it's OK to use it; they always smile and tell her it is just fine if it was a gift. (She's not asking how much value is on it; I mark my tickets when I use them, so it is always there in black and white.)

On the back of my park hopper it says "After sale by the Disney Store, may not be transferred except as a gift."

You could consider giving away your plus options as a gift. :genie:

Originally posted by Safari Steve
...You can not upgrade a ticket more than 7 days after it's first use....

You can apply the entire amount paid (if purchased from Disney) for the old ticket if the upgrade is done within 7 days of first use. But you can also apply the remaining dollar value of the unused major park admissions towards a new ticket or pass after the 7 day window has passed. As I said before, there is no dollar value for unused plus options when doing it this way.

...You are welcome to use them at any time, but they can not be compiled onto one ticket, nor can they be applied towards the purchase of another ticket.

Correct about combining them onto one ticket. Only partially right about applying them. While they cannot all be applied towards the purchase of one ticket, one of them can. Disney only allows the crediting of one old ticket per each new one being purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter