"Value" Room at AKV?

LittleMissMagic

Victoria on Vacation
I noticed that the AKV points chart includes a "value" room as well as "standard view." Does anyone know exactly what "value" means? (View of dumpster?) Is it less of a view or less of a room?

Thanks!

The Value rooms are 3 feet shorter than the non-Value rooms at AKV. The occupancy is lower as well for the Value 1BR/2BRs because they do not have the sleeper chair that the non-Value 1BR/2BRs have so the Values sleep 4/8 instead of 5/9.

The Value rooms are along the front of the resort (the Ostrich and Giraffe trails) so the view will be the Sunset Savanna, the pool area or the parking lot.

The Standard View rooms in Jambo House face the pool area, the ones in Kidani Village will have a view of a pool, garden or parking lot.

Actually, I thought the view from my value room was actually a little better than my standard room view.
standard view-
DSCF0962.jpg

Value view (2 pictures)-
DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg

Thanks for the great pictures. I have been thinking about staying at AKL and wondered what the differences were. How did you find transportation to the parks? Did it take forever or were there many buses?

Thanks for the great pictures. I have been thinking about staying at AKL and wondered what the differences were. How did you find transportation to the parks? Did it take forever or were there many buses?

I did feel kind of "way out there", that is, far from the parks. That's probably because I've been spoiled by staying at BCV,where it's a short walk or moderate stroll to 2 of the four parks. However, for bus transportation, it was better (more prompt) than using the bus transportation at BCV for MK or AK. Does that make sense? However I love AKV as a destination-the animals, great food, great activities offered. Just, for me, not my favorite place to stay while going to the parks.

I noticed that the AKV points chart includes a "value" room as well as "standard view." Does anyone know exactly what "value" means? (View of dumpster?) Is it less of a view or less of a room?

Thanks!
This is posted on DVCNews.com:
" Value rooms are in Jambo House only. Rooms are about 3 feet shorter (316 sq. ft. for studios, and 629 sq. ft. for a one bedroom, and 945 sq. ft. for two bedroom). The length difference is in the living/sleeping area in the Studios and the living area and master bedroom of the 1BRs. The kitchen/kitchenette and master bathrooms are the same size as the non-Value rooms in Jambo. Value 1BR/2BR does not have a sleeper chair (or if it does you cannot open both the chair and the sleeper sofa) so occupancy is lower for the Value 1BR/2BRs. "

One nice thing about values is they can have a parking lot view (standard), a pool view or a savanna view. We are going to be staying in a value 1-BR in April, so I will take pictures and post. I'm sure someone's posted them before, but I've never been able to find them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter