Vancouver Parking for Cruise if staying at Pan Pacific

MDFam

Earning My Ears
We are flying from the East coast into Seattle, renting a car and driving up to Vancouver to spend a few days exploring the city and then going on an Alaska cruise for a week. Upon returning to Vancouver, we will drive back down to Seattle. If we stay at the Vancouver Pan Pacific, is that hotel's parking the exact same place as cruise parking? Or would we need to move the car the morning of the cruise to some other parking structure/area? Does any of that need to be booked in advance?
Thank you!

I'm not exactly sure about question #1, but yes I think you need to book the cruise portion in advance. I'd call the hotel. Although moving spots wouldn't be a big deal in the morning, there is a lot of time until embarkation and it is basically the same parkade either way.

We ended up taking public transportation instead of bringing our car because by the time I looked at availability online it said sold out. However when we were there it did look open to anyone driving in, so I don't really know anything haha.

Semi related question: we’re doing something similar - flying to Seattle, renting a car, driving it up, parking at the port during the cruise, then driving it back to Seattle. I made my reservation at the port but the website requires the car and plate info. Obviously won’t have that for a rental car until we pick it up. I put “unknown” in all the fields and the system accepted that. I emailed customer service to see how I should handle this (I know when I make a parking reservation at my local airport, they say the plate info is just in case you lose the confirmation so they find it in the system). They told me to reach out again when I have the car info. Except I’m arriving on a Saturday when their phone lines are closed and email response takes days. I looked online and it looks like I can just add the rental car to my profile when I have all the info and swap out the car on the reservation? Or I can walk over to the port when we get to Vancouver and talk to someone there. Has anyone had experience with this situation? I imagine it happens all the time.

They are the same parking lot (might be on a different level. You get a discount I think if you book the cruise parking ahead of time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter