VB for Halloween, anyone else???

"Ginger"

Sailing, sailing away is where I want to be....
We be at Vero Beach for Halloween, has anyone been there for this holiday?
I was wondering if they have trick-or-treating.

I've organized trick-or-treating for Dis members in the past aboard the Disney Magic. We decided to stay on land this year and try something new.

We'll be at VB Oct 25-Nov 2 would love to meet some other Dis members there.
BTW I have a 10 1/2 year old daughter who would love to meet some others her age or close to it.

Nov 2, we'll be heading to OKW for one night to attend the last MNSSHP.

Hope to hear from.pirate:

Have to go in August next year. But please give a trip report! I would love to go in October!:goodvibes

I'm so ready for this trip.

I went to Wal-Mart the other day and purchased:banana: Halloween decor to hang on our door.

Lenc 324 do you have children?

Hi, we'll be there two nights only 10/30-11/1 before a 3 night Wonder cruise. I have a DD 14 and DS 12 and was just wondering what to do for Halloween. DD might consider herself a bit too old - I'm not sure. :confused: Anyway, I think they must have something at the resort, since they always do at the WDW resorts. It would be fun to find out.

Susan

We were there a few years ago and they had trick or treating at various places throughout the resort (restaurant, gift shop, etc.), they closed down the pirate ship and decorated it and handed out goodies. They also had cider and doughnuts by the pool and the snack bar was open with caramel apples, etc.

They also had a DJ and pumpkin and costume contests. They had Halloweened themed activities throughout the day. At the time, the gift baskets they gave out for the costume contests were quite nice.

They also had pumpkin carving contests and I believe you could pick up your pumpkin at Eb and Flos earlier in the day. I'm sure you could pick one up at Walmart, too.

It was really fun the year we went. There were a group of kids staying there for some state swimming finals at the local aquatic park. We cringed when we found out the resort was filled with teenagers but they ended up being the nicest and most polite kids you'd ever want to meet. One even called me ma'am at the snack bar and I was only 30 at the time.:rotfl2:

I could try and find out what they are doing this year and let you all know. I wish we could go over there but we live so close now that the kids want to trick or treat in our neighborhood.

Thanks for the info floridafam. That sounds like a lot of fun - We'll have to bring some kind of costumes. pirate: princess: I see that you live in Vero Beach - that really is close! Lucky you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter