Verandah Man -- How Did You Do It?????

Farms

Never "Board" of DIS
Anybody:
I saw the pillowcase VM made for Nathan and was wondering how he did it. I have twin girls who will be celebrating their 7th birthday on board ship. I think that would be a wonderful keepsake!! If anyone has any idea how I go about doing the decal, PLEASE let me know. We sail on November 16th, but will be in Disney 3 days prior.

THANKS!!!!!
:jester:

I am doing pillowcases for my kids and the kids of our traveling companions. I bought "travel" sized pillows and am making white sateen cases trimmed with mickey (boys) and princess (girls) ribbon. I added some decorative stitching and we are set. They turned out REALLY cute and are a great size!

If you're a sew-er, they are pretty simple. I think VM used iron-on transfers for the one he posted a photo of.

Theresa--
Unfortunately, my sewing experience is limited to buttons (and even that ability is questionable--just ask my husband). If it's iron on transfers, I'm in business. I own an iron (just gotta figure out how to use it ;) ). Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it!! I really think these would make a great birthday rememberance for my girls and that's what it's all about (that AND our 10 year anniver. -- we'll be celebrating the whole time)

Originally posted by Farms
Anybody:
I saw the pillowcase VM made for Nathan and was wondering how he did it. I have twin girls who will be celebrating their 7th birthday on board ship. I think that would be a wonderful keepsake!! If anyone has any idea how I go about doing the decal, PLEASE let me know. We sail on November 16th, but will be in Disney 3 days prior.

THANKS!!!!!
:jester:

I just simply used Avery iron-on transfers. I put the design together that I wanted and printed it off onto the transfer. It only takes about 2 and 1/2 minutes to iron the transfer on. A very important step, make sure you print the transfer in reverse.

Verandah Man,

Did you use some type of print shop program for your design? I have a design in Word and one in Publisher, but I can't figure out how to get it to print inreverse?

Help!

Some printers have either a mirror image or iron-on setting.
Look at you printer properties and you may have these setting also....

Jeanie

Check your printer when you go to print the transfer off, check under properties and select transfer paper, at least that how it shows up on my printer. Then you should be ready to go.

I can't thank you enough!! It will be a wonderful birthday rememberance for my girls (in addition to the memories)

But I think I recall somebody on this board mentioning that you can leave pillow cases at Guest Services and all the characters on board will sign them and then you pick them up at the end of the week. Is this something that can be done?

Thanks......Denise

I'm hoping this is still true since I'm bringing 5 cases (2 for my sons, 2 for our friends kids in another cabin as a surprise and 1 for my niece who is princess crazy!!). I'm still trying to find a pic of the princesses to DL for her case. Anyone have any references?!?!
Andy, I think you should start a business!!!:p

--Carrie

I'm quite busy with just trying to help my fellow DIS'ers out. I do this as a hobby, sometimes a "full time" hobby, but a hobby just the same!!!

Yes, if you leave the pillowcases at guest services they will have the characters sign it and then you can pick them up later. We were on the 9/21/03 Wonder this week and we did it. They came out great!

Cathy

Admiral Andy, I'm sticking with my original suggestion...as soon as you retire...you open your own business.

Would you let me know when Admiral Andy's Accessories is open for business? :p

Ginny

Originally posted by gdulaney
Admiral Andy, I'm sticking with my original suggestion...as soon as you retire...you open your own business.

Would you let me know when Admiral Andy's Accessories is open for business? :p

Ginny

ROFLMBO!!! Admiral Andy's Accessories!!!

Originally posted by gdulaney
I thought it was catchy!!

Ginny

Me too!!! "AAA" oops, somebody already uses that symbol!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter