Verizon Wireless at WDW resort

RAD

DIS Veteran
I know this has been asked before but with the search function disabled I'd never find it.

DW and I will be there in a few days and I'm wondering how Verizon Wireless cell phone coverage is in the resort? We have FRS 2-way's but if the Verizon coverage is OK I think I'd leave them at home and just use our cell's since I get 1,000 minutes of mobile to mobile calling as part of the package.

Thanks - Rick

don't quote me cause I don;t know for sure. But I beleive after reading around here in the past both verizon and nextel work fine. My dad has Verizon and on his last trip, he called me at home to brag that he was in the Magic Kingdom on Christmas day.

Our Verizon phones worked just fine in the parks. We only had problems on a few of the rides.

If it does not work be sure to call Verizon. We have nationwide coverage and last year our cell did not work at WDW.

We haven't had any problems with our Verizon service while at Disney. The cell phones were easier for us to use than the walkie talkies.

I find that my Verizon phone works quite well in the Boardwalk/Epcot area, but not so well in the MK and MK resort area. At Wilderness Lodge, it often doesn't work inside of the building. I usually have to go outside, or at least near a window.

My Verizon worked great down there. The only place I had any trouble was at Tubbies in the Swan. Tubbies is down on the first floor and I guess the building kept the signal out. In the rooms we didnt have any problems though.

Been there twice with Verizon service and worked great both times. Incoming or outgoing, both ways worked good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter