• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach eating?

We go to Vero beach every June and we just love that place. We like to explore different places to eat each time we’re there. This year we discovered a new favorite called CJ Cannons. It’s located at the Vero Beach Airport. It’s full of antiques and of course Aviation stuff. The owner was very nice to us and gave us a small tour of the restaurant. The food was very good and priced offordable. I have had dinner there and breakfast and recommend both.

https://www.cjcannonsrestaurant.com/

We go every year and we always go to Captain Hiram's (blackfins) which is right on the water. Or Mr Manatee on occasion.

Thank you for all the recommendations. We had a great Labor Day weekend at Vero.

We had dinner at Mo Bay Grill one of the nights. It was excellent. Our server was great! Super nice, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the menu items. Our server gave us some great recommendations on the drinks, appetizers, main course and dessert.

We ate breakfast at Baci Trattoria, on our second to last day. Another great choice. Very friendly staff. The dishes are very big, so please share. We had to take a lot of food home.

I've been here now for about a week with my husband and adult son - leaving tomorrow. This was meant to be a low-budget trip by using expiring DVC points and Southwest Rapid Rewards points. We eat at least two meals in the room - breakfast and either sandwiches for lunch or dinner. My birthday was yesterday so we had the "Sunset Menu" at The Tides restaurant in downtown Vero Beach - 8 miles from the resort. I highly recommend the Sunset or Early Bird menu - you have to be seated between 4:30-5:30. Its $17 for a salad and entree. We added lemonade for $3 a glass - the free water is from the tap - I asked. You also get a choice of roll. You can add a slice of key lime pie for $5 and a glass of tolerable wine, also for $5. I could see eating here several times a week. We also tried out our "default" - Squid Lips in Sebastian - but it was a mixed bag. Will probably not go back. While checking out the McKee Botanical Gardens in Vero we ate lunch at Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station - its highly themed, aspiring to be CarsLand. We all had some variation of burger and they were excellent, if messy. Today we visited the U.S. Navy UDT-SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce - highly, highly recommend it! For lunch we stopped a mile down the road at Sharky's - panko breaded fish and chips - the piece of fish had to be 5x8 inches long! It seems like a place the locals eat at. We have not eaten at the Resort's Wind and Waves table service as I have not seen any decent reviews. My son and I did have chicken nuggets one day, poolside, from the Wind and Waves Market. Tastes just like the nuggets at WDW.

I've been here now for about a week with my husband and adult son - leaving tomorrow. This was meant to be a low-budget trip by using expiring DVC points and Southwest Rapid Rewards points. We eat at least two meals in the room - breakfast and either sandwiches for lunch or dinner. My birthday was yesterday so we had the "Sunset Menu" at The Tides restaurant in downtown Vero Beach - 8 miles from the resort. I highly recommend the Sunset or Early Bird menu - you have to be seated between 4:30-5:30. Its $17 for a salad and entree. We added lemonade for $3 a glass - the free water is from the tap - I asked. You also get a choice of roll. You can add a slice of key lime pie for $5 and a glass of tolerable wine, also for $5. I could see eating here several times a week. We also tried out our "default" - Squid Lips in Sebastian - but it was a mixed bag. Will probably not go back. While checking out the McKee Botanical Gardens in Vero we ate lunch at Mrs. Mac's Fillin' Station - its highly themed, aspiring to be CarsLand. We all had some variation of burger and they were excellent, if messy. Today we visited the U.S. Navy UDT-SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce - highly, highly recommend it! For lunch we stopped a mile down the road at Sharky's - panko breaded fish and chips - the piece of fish had to be 5x8 inches long! It seems like a place the locals eat at. We have not eaten at the Resort's Wind and Waves table service as I have not seen any decent reviews. My son and I did have chicken nuggets one day, poolside, from the Wind and Waves Market. Tastes just like the nuggets at WDW.
Thanks for all the recommendations. I will be there for Thanksgiving for 6 days so will need new places. Glad to hear the chicken nuggets are the same as in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter