Vero Beach without Kids......

PBB

Mouseketeer
Hi,

My wife and I are going to Vero Beach for the first time in October with the kids. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary. We are staying in a Inn Room. Can anyone make a recommendation on room request for a view ? Are there any activities that are adult oriented. Also, what about restaurants in the area that you can recommend.

Thanks.....

We have enjoyed our 10th and 12th anniversary's here. Get an ocean view room if you can, great for sun/moon rises as well as star gazing and listening to the waves. We enjoyed boogie boarding, renting a sailboat, playing mini golf, hanging out at Cap'n Hirams as well as the Green Cabin room/balcony, and renting beach chairs with an umbrella's to spend a whole day on the beach. You guy's will have a great time.

The Ocean Grill is simply the best restaurant we have found in the area. With adults only it will be even better.
Outstanding food, great atmosphere. You won't be sorry... :drinking:

MG

I second agree on Captain Hirams & Sonyas :sunny: Enjoy ! DH and i just got back from BCV a few weeks ago, Our first choice was HHI but nothing was available then we also consider VB , Ocean View inn , but DH & I like to golf (well DH golf, im just a caddy for now :rotfl:) and would rather golf in WDW. Long walks on the beach right now sound fabulous :goodvibes

A couple differences that you might want to consider...
Both the north and south sides of the inn are considered ocean view as well as the east or ocean side of the resort. So, you might want to request oceanfront. There are 2 OVIRs with a King instead of 2 queens. You could request one of those if you liked having a King. The balconies are different. We had one with a railing and spindles, others had solid fronts which might be slightly more difficult to view the ocean.

DH and I (with out the kids) were there for only 2 nights but really enjoyed or stay. So much so we are going with the family in Feb. We didn't feel like going out to any big dinner so we went to Capt. Hiram's Sand Bar one night (they don't serve Disney drinks there!) and Shutters the other.

I hope you have a great 20th! Ours is next year!

My DW and I recently returned from 3 nights at VB DVC and have gone without the "kids" several times since we are now "empty nesters" approaching our 30th anniversary. There was a wine tasting on the afternoon that we were leaving (9/8, a Thursday), but I don't know how often that is offered. Since we were checking out to go to WDW we could not attend.

We also like Captain Hiram's and the SandBar, but this time we tried Squid Lips, just north of Hiram's, and found the food to be even better. The restaurant is open on three sides and has a great view. The service was also great. If you go, try the Grouper Fingers appetizer. There may even be a booklet in your room that has a coupon for a free appetizer there. That's how we got to try them for free. :) They were outstanding!!

You might also want to try the Riverside Cafe in Vero on Route 60. It's on the road immediately to the right when you enter the park. They claim to be the only place in Vero where you can watch the sunset. They stop serving for a few minutes to enjoy the sight. The food is pretty good with seafood and steak items on the menu.

We also like to end the night with a drink or dessert in the Green Cabin Room at VB DVC. It's relaxing to sit on the porch and listen to the ocean as long as the "bugs" are not out. ;)

We have yet to find any "fine dining" places in Vero since "The Black Pearl Bistro" closed last year after the hurricanes and never reopened.

Happy 20th and Congratulations! :goodvibes

P.S. I forgot to add that we requested a studio instead of an Inn room so that we would have a queen bed and sofa for the extra space. We got lucky and had a nice view of the ocean looking north from the resort in Bldg 12 on the third floor. I think there is a better chance of getting an ocean view in the Inn rooms. Good luck!

Paul in CT said:
We have yet to find any "fine dining" places in Vero since "The Black Pearl Bistro" closed last year after the hurricanes and never reopened.
Paul, I suggest the Ocean Grill. It litteraly overhangs the beach on stilts, and it's a miracle that it survived the hurricanes.
Anyway, it is fine dining, and great atmosphere. Great shrimp cocktail (but order side of horse radish because the sauce needs some zinging up), great lobster tail, great steak, great bar, and my wife also loves the gift shop.

Have fun! :drinking:

MG

Both times we stayed there we had kids, once I was 7 months pregnant. It is a great trip with kids, I am guessing with out too. :cool1: :flower:

Ok, we had Inn ocean view rooms. Get an ocean view, so worth it. We had ones on the 3rd floor right above the green cabin room. The one righ above it was a litte noisey, the one a few doors to the left (facing the loby) was the best. I need to find the numbers for you. For some reason hubby thinks it was 2639, but that doesn' t seem right. The view was incrediable. THe blacony was great. I really like the Inn rooms. I can't say enough about the wonderful view and how great it was to relax on the blacony. The weather was't that great every day of 2nd trip, so having the balcony really helped.

Oh, get a message. Not sure what other activies for grown ups. Been a while since I have been anywhere without kids (well at least 4 1/2 years.) ;)

Both times we didn't request a room, just got a great one. (both check in was during the week, not weekend.)

I agree Cap'n Hiram is great. I had dungus crab, it was scary but the best crab I have ever had. I wanted to do Ocean Grill, but we didn't so try that too.

Just have a wonderful relaxing romantic time. Bring your own viedos, the selection isn't as great for adults and it is VCR not DVD (at least it was in May.) While it is great for families, I didn't get the feeling of it being over run or crazy.

A local at the golf course suggested a place called Tangos. Also we enjoyed going to the outlet mall. The polo and Lacoste stores were really good

Thank you for all the great tips. Especially the restaurants and sailing. I just got off the phone to request a king size bed in the inn room and the agent in MS did not believe me. She called VB to confirm and was told that there was indeed 2 rooms with kings but I was also told not to get my hopes up.

Thanks Again !
PBB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter