Very First Trip Report - Day Four

Mum to Belle

<font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone
Our last day... :sad1:

We checked out and then went into the park for our breakfast, not enough time for a ride first but did get some good photos while the park was quiet. We ate in Plaza Gardens and for the first time DD actually ate!!!:yay: (We had a job to get her out of bed this morning and there was no chance of her indulging me by wearing a princess dress!!)

We went on Peter Pan and then waited to meet our friends again.
Disneylnd236.jpg

When they arrived we went on the Tea Cups which DD absolutely loved!! Then we went on Dumbo before heading off to catch the Toon Train in the Studios while DH & his friend went to do TOT. DD got to meet Pluto again and give him a stroke!
Disneylnd259.jpg

We tried to see Donald but he kept running off, not funny with a 2 year old, a buggy & a rucksack! We went to see Stitch Live again and then had to run back to Fantasyland for our lunch at Auberge.

There was a queue to get in because of the photos they take. We saw Cinderella who was English and absolutely lovely – all the princesses are so beautiful!
Disneylnd265.jpg

We were sat in a corner away from the dance floor. We got to see Suzy, Perla, Ariel & Prince Eric, Sleeping Beauty & Snow White. Sleeping Beauty was wonderful! She spent time having a lovely chat to DD. The character interaction here was wonderful and very well organised, every one came to see us.:thumbsup2
Disneylnd271.jpg

Disneylnd286.jpg

Disneylnd287.jpg

The service however was poor. We had to ask twice for our wine, three times for our water! :sad2: They brought the main course before the starters were cleared, DDs beef was RARE! :scared1: We were there for 2 hours and in the end left without DD being given a wand because it was so slow – it was our last day and didn’t want to be sat around in a restaurant any longer than we had to!! I enjoyed my food, DH liked some of his and some wasn’t to his taste. DD ate one of her starters, her mashed potato and tried a bit of all her desserts!
Photo time... The Prince's cocktail
Disneylnd276.jpg

DD's starters
Disneylnd277.jpg

Our starters
Disneylnd278.jpg

DD's main meal
Disneylnd284.jpg

I had the scallops in a champagne sauce with asparagus risotto
Disneylnd283.jpg

DH had the veal with mushroom sauce
Disneylnd285.jpg

DD's desserts
Disneylnd288.jpg

Our desserts
Disneylnd291-1.jpg

We used one of our remaining premium vouchers to pay for DD's meal - the staff thought we were mad as it was only a 19 Euro bill - but what else were we going to do, keep it as a souvenir?!!

We headed back to Studios to meet our friends again and DD was still hungry so we gave her an Ella’s Fruit pouch – I think you can guess what happens next in the story. We stopped at the queue for the Tram Tour to discover the contents of the pouch were now all over DDs trousers (note, I was now relieved that she had refused to wear her Cinderella dress bought to wear to the Cinderella restaurant!) Fifty baby wipes later the green slime was mostly removed!! We then let her clean up in the rain from the umbrella! :rotfl:

We caught the end of Cars again and then went on Magic Carpets . Last thing to do was watch Animagique! DD really enjoyed this!

We said goodbye to our friends and headed back to the Park for Storybook Cruise, unfortunately we got off this just as they shut Casey Jr! :sad2: So we let DD chose one last ride and she went for the tea cups!! (Afterwards she wanted to go on IASW again!) We said goodbye to the Park as the parade rolled by and went to do some shopping before we caught the train.

The Eurostar was due in to St Pancras at about 9.15 but it was gone 11pm before we arrived! First there were “illegal persons” on the line and then we had more problem outside Ebbsfleet. It was not a pleasant journey.:mad: Thankfully we were staying in a hotel and going home the next day! DD i n bed at 11.30! Nice lie in followed by a big breakfast and an uneventful train ride home!:goodvibes

Overall an amazing holiday - the Disney Magic was well and truly working!! :wizard:

Can't wait to start planning our next trip...!:laundy:

oh............. its all over :(

sounds like ur dd had a lovely time even tho she was ill - hope shes much better now (and asking when she can go back ;))

lovely pics tho & thanks for sharing with us :goodvibes

Awww your pics are lovely, thanks for sharing your TR :)

I agree with the Auberge when we ate here the service was so slow, and while queuing certain people who thought they was above the rules tried to push in the queue.

I only noticed that the Storyboat ride and Casey was on when it was too late aswell :(

oh............. its all over :(

sounds like ur dd had a lovely time even tho she was ill - hope shes much better now (and asking when she can go back ;))

lovely pics tho & thanks for sharing with us :goodvibes

She's much better now thanks! :goodvibes She did enjoy herself a lot, the first couple of days she wasn't on form which made it harder on us and meant that a lot of our plans went out of the window but it certainly didn't stop us having a fantastic time! We could have done with another day - will bear that in mind for next time!! Oh yes, there will be a next time!! :thumbsup2

Really enjoyed reading your TR. Looks like you had a great time and it brought back many happy memories! I must get round to writing mine up!!

Oh My Gosh, those Scallops look yum!

Glad to hear your DD is better now.... What does she have to say about her first Disney holiday??

Bob xoxoxox

Aw that was a great trip report, loved reading it, thanks for posting it :goodvibes.

Oh My Gosh, those Scallops look yum!

Glad to hear your DD is better now.... What does she have to say about her first Disney holiday??

Bob xoxoxox

The scallops were delicious!!

DD was telling my Mum & Dad all about scaring the ghosties!! :rotfl2: We went in Phantom Manor and she sang the Winnie The Pooh song to scare the ghosties away! She thought it was brilliant when she saw the one in the mirror on the back of our car!!

Her favourite bit was "Aladdin" - no surprise there then!!

awww really enjoyed reading your report!!! Thank you for sharing! xxxxxxx

What a wonderful trip report. Thanks for sharing.

Glad your DD is better now...good luck with the next trip planning :)

Fab TR!! Your making me feel guilty for not doing mine now! :lmao: Brilliant pictures, sounds like you had lots of fun :goodvibes

Fab TR!! Your making me feel guilty for not doing mine now! :lmao: Brilliant pictures, sounds like you had lots of fun :goodvibes

Hurry up and do it then!! :rotfl2: At least you managed to post all your photos on Facebook, it's only letting me put on 5 at a time so it's taking forever (there are about 300!!!!!)

Lovely trip report, I've really enjoyed it :) Am so glad your DD managed to do well given she was a bit poorly.

The princesses just look so fab at Auberge, shame about the service. That steak looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too rare for a child!!!

Did you get any compensation for the delays on Eurostar? Will you use it to go back to DLP?! And did you like Newport Bay, would you stay there again or would you want to try somewhere else next time?

fab trip report - really useful as we are off on our first trip in a few weeks. i had a question about the shareholder discount you mentioned. what do you have to do to get this?

Lovely report with fab photos. I'm glad you enjoyed & that your DD is better. Thanks for sharing:goodvibes

Did you get any compensation for the delays on Eurostar? Will you use it to go back to DLP?! And did you like Newport Bay, would you stay there again or would you want to try somewhere else next time?

I haven't contacted Eurostar but I see that Emma, who was on same train, has been offered half price tickets next time. I think we would probably fly next time as it would mean less travelling in this country, no reflection on Eurostar!

We loved the Newport Bay and would stay there again, Admirals Floor was great and our room was right by the lifts so no tedious long walks!! Also nice to have breakfast in our room, we saw the queue one morning for the restaurant...!!! :scared1:

That said we did like the look of Disneyland Hotel :cloud9: but that will probably have to wait for a Very Special Occasion!! Our friends stayed at Davy Crockett and I think that would also be another different choice. We'd need a car so either have to drive over or rent one but it would be nice for a longer break I think, especially having the cabin layout with separate rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter