"Vets" traveling with Newbies...tips?

MeridAriel

Mouseketeer
My close friend & I are going again in November. We go as often as her Cast Member benefits allow, so we've got *our* routine down to a science. But we are both bringing someone this year. One has been once (for a very short trip), & the other has never been.
I've offered some advice & tips, but I know that it is very possible for us to overlook/skip things that newbies should see/do, or tips that I should share. As my friend & I are of the spreadsheet plan variety, I know some of the stuff we see as "duh" and wouldn't occur to us to share, may not be "duh" for someone who's never been.
Or maybe there are ideas for things I could do in advance to help make the trip more "Magical" for said newbies?
We already have some dining reservations, will be doing Food & Wine Fest, Very Merry Christmas Party, the Boardwalk, all of the parades/fireworks, & Osborne Dancing Lights.
Any suggestions would be *greatly* appreciated! :)
Thanks in advance!!!

make sure they understand the fast passes - have been with newies and generally are they are familiar with the parks (to my standards not their own) - we generally part - they do their thing and we do ours.

see what your friends are into. some people don't want to ride everything (yea had a hard time with that one) - they would rather do the shows - or talk to people - or a million other things that you would not even consider.

they might actually like to visit Downtown DIsney (some to be Springs) than go to the parks.

so first thing find out what they are in too for fun.

Last edited:
Thanks! As we generally spend 8 days or so there, we do take a day and a half off (Very Merry Christmas party for the second half) to sleep, swim, relax, & do Downtown. And if they want to make new friends with people while I'm riding rides & sampling food & wine, that's on them :) They're down for rides...even the few that I don't care for. They're also both aware of the pin-trading, because my friend & I have lanyards full. And good grief, these new fast passes...ugh. That may take a while to explain.

I think the big thing to remember is they have never been there. They will walk a little slower, want to take more in, want to stop for random things or stop for a parade. Recommend they get the app, link your disney experience accounts and start looking at what WDW has to offer and what they want to make sure not to miss or see. The wishlist option is really great for this.

Let them experience things, meaning don't come off as a know it all. I do not mean to sound mean, but don't tell them about everything and spoil some of the magic surprises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter