VGF community hall?

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
We're staying at VGF in a couple weeks and I just realized I don't remember reading about how VGF is handling CH stuff, like movie and have rentals.

Anyone??

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

Staying at VGF right now. There is no Community Hall; however, when I passed through Contemporary I found out that I could use the Community Hall at BLT

You can check out movies at the front desk- they told us that when we checked in.

rlovew said:
You can check out movies at the front desk- they told us that when we checked in.

Front desk in the GF main building or the villas?

Speaking of, is there a check in desk in the villas building?

Yes.. But I've read that it's closed late in the evening so you have to check in at GF.

CoolDisneyCat said:
Yes.. But I've read that it's closed late in the evening so you have to check in at GF.

Sounds similar to the BLT setup. We've been able to check in at BLT a couple of times and got in around 11 one night and had to check on at the CT.

We're due in a little before 7 this trip, so I'll plan on checking in at the villas. I guess I can check in, since we're only 2 weeks out now.

The GFV front desk is where you can find movies and anything else they check out like BBQ equipment. I don't know when the desk closes.

Staying at VGF right now. There is no Community Hall; however, when I passed through Contemporary I found out that I could use the Community Hall at BLT

does this mean VWL can also use BLT CH?

know you can't get DVD at BLT - but love the projects at BLT (for VWL it is the gift store/grocery at WL for DVD)

does this mean VWL can also use BLT CH?

know you can't get DVD at BLT - but love the projects at BLT (for VWL it is the gift store/grocery at WL for DVD)

Pat, we've checked out DVDs in the community room at BLT although it has been at least a couple years since we've stayed there.

I am a DVC member and I was staying at BWV for 4 nights, then VGF for 4 nights. While staying at VGF I asked about using the BLT community hall and was told that I could -- the only thing I was not allowed to do was check out stuff (DVDs, videos).

This is consistent with what I was told when I stopped by AKV community hall.

It was my first trip since buying into DVC so we were checking out a few of the properties. We saw the BWV, AKV, and BLT community halls, and thought that the one at BWV was the best hands down. Obviously BLT and AKV have other amenities that would pull you in more than the community hall

What exactly is there to do in the community halls? Play board games?

The only times I've been in them, it's been to check out movies. But now I have a child, so I'm curious whether I should pay more attention to what the community halls have to offer.

My girls like the crafts at the CH. We stayed at VGF in dec and they missed it. They use it more on longer trips. It is a place they can hang out and have fun withiut doing something major like going to a park.

The only times I've been in them, it's been to check out movies. But now I have a child, so I'm curious whether I should pay more attention to what the community halls have to offer.

on your next trip take a morning or afternoon - and go look around you might be surprised.

they even have stuff for us adults....

each community hall is different - so you need to visit more than one.

both OKW and BLT are tiny compared to SSR. AKV and BWV are about the same (I think) - BCV, VWL and VGF did not have one.

We went last year and for us the CH at BWV was a holiday saver! My 5yr old got a double ear infection and we were stuck to the villas for quite some days. That's when we learned the value of the CH. We'd go there and my daughter got to do different crafts each day. And very early on, when she was still way too ill, they even were so sweet to give me little craft bags so she could have some fun in her room. She ended up making halloween masks, tiny photo frames, color some suncatchers, decorate a crown, countles coloring sheets,.... We borrowed new DVD's every day and really, without the CH, our holiday would have been awful. Next year when we go, I know we'll certainly be spending our downtime in the CH as well. It's a great way to relax a bit from the busy parks. Also, at Halloween itself, the CH set up a fabulous party with all sorts of activities and free candy :-) It was great!

I didn't realize VGF had a front desk. I was staying at BWV earlier this month and stopped by VGF to take pictures, didn't notice a front desk.

I didn't realize VGF had a front desk. I was staying at BWV earlier this month and stopped by VGF to take pictures, didn't notice a front desk.

It looks more like a business office- you have chairs to sit in while you get you things- each of the desks in the main lobby is an area to take care of checking in and to do concierge services.

We went last year and for us the CH at BWV was a holiday saver! My 5yr old got a double ear infection and we were stuck to the villas for quite some days. That's when we learned the value of the CH. We'd go there and my daughter got to do different crafts each day. And very early on, when she was still way too ill, they even were so sweet to give me little craft bags so she could have some fun in her room. She ended up making halloween masks, tiny photo frames, color some suncatchers, decorate a crown, countles coloring sheets,.... We borrowed new DVD's every day and really, without the CH, our holiday would have been awful. Next year when we go, I know we'll certainly be spending our downtime in the CH as well. It's a great way to relax a bit from the busy parks. Also, at Halloween itself, the CH set up a fabulous party with all sorts of activities and free candy :-) It was great!

This story is totally heartwarming :) That is so good to know as a new mom going into a long DVC contract!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter