VGF Monorail + Boat Transportation to MK question

forevercruising

Mouseketeer
Hello, all! :)

I am assuming that a park ticket is needed to board and ride both the monorail and the boat transportation from the Grand Floridian; is that correct? We will only be there for 24 hours, and will not be visiting the park, so I wanted to check to see if there is any chance we will be able to ride the monorail or the boat.

At Disneyland, the park tickets are scanned prior to boarding the monorail, so I am assuming that is the same at WDW, but, thought it couldn't hurt to confirm with the experts! :thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes

I have never been checked to ride either the boat or the mono. You can just walk right on park ticket not needed

No, guests do not need a Park Ticket to ride the monorail or the boat transportation on Seven Seas Lagoon. Unlike Disneyland, all the monorail and boat loading platforms at Walt Disney World are outside the Parks. Offhand, I cannot think of any WDW Disney transportation -- bus, monorail, or boat -- that requires ticket media.

I remember talking to a Disneyland CM on the monorail platform about the difference between DLR's monorail and WDW's monorail. At DLR, it is considered to be an attraction; at WDW, its considered part of the transportation system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter