Videos Added! Pixie Dust and Magic - DLP Trip Report 14th-17th August 2012 FINISHED!

Can it really get any better?

:rotfl: Our final day had some pretty wonderful moments for Rosebug, we had such a wonderful time throughout the whole trip, I don't know if I could pick out one particular favourite moment! We can't stop talking about it all. I am off to bed now, my new laptop arrives tomorrow (you should see the relic I am working on now, as my laptop died on Sunday!) so I won't take so long to write our final day!

Thank you for reading my trip report, all of you! :flower3:

And my lovely new purple laptop has arrived. Once I am all set up and have mastered typing on the smaller keyboard, I shall add day 4!

I'm loving your trip report. Looking forward to reading about your final day. I'm very excited as we go in the morning, so reading it makes it even more exciting for me. My dd is loving looking at your photos.

Oooh purple laptop - my DD would be sooo jealous :rotfl2:.
How great that Earl of Sandwich was open late enough for guests even after Dreams :).

Oooh purple laptop - my DD would be sooo jealous :rotfl2:.
How great that Earl of Sandwich was open late enough for guests even after Dreams :).

It has a great spec too - but I am not going to pretend that I wasn't drawn to the colour!:rotfl:

I was quite surprised at how late it was open, and it was empty too, we got coffee and cakes after Dreams on Wednesday, and then Thursday decided to grab some food too. It was open for take-out only, but people just ignored this despite being told repeatedly by the staff that the sitting area was closed! :confused3 I just don't understand people sometimes!

Your tr is amazing! I keep getting emotional at parts haha, cannot wait to take me boys in November (oldest is 3 and the youngest will be 6months when we go) I hope we are as lucky with characters as you were! X

Your tr is amazing! I keep getting emotional at parts haha, cannot wait to take me boys in November (oldest is 3 and the youngest will be 6months when we go) I hope we are as lucky with characters as you were! X

Thank you! We only met 7 characters through formal meet and greets, and 4 of those were princesses! The others were met at the Disneyland Hotel, character meals and the odd chance meet in the park. My advice to anyone who wants to meet lots of characters is to do at least one character meal (unfortunately I think Cowboy Cookout will be closed in November, this was the best) and try to pop into the DLH around 9am and 4pm as there are often characters in there. I am sure you will meet lots. We took Rosebug when she was 4 months and she got some lovely interaction, I still remember Chip & Dale playing with her feet during a Studios parade and a CM having to shoo them on! :lovestruc

We were very lucky this trip, with the pass and the character meals. I had booked all the character meals before I knew she could get a pass as it was the only way I knew she would get to meet some characters!

Hope you have a magical time! pixiedust:

xxx

And my lovely new purple laptop has arrived. Once I am all set up and have mastered typing on the smaller keyboard, I shall add day 4!

Hi just wondered what model you had as my laptop has just died too & fancy a purple one!

RoseBug said:
Thank you! We only met 7 characters through formal meet and greets, and 4 of those were princesses! The others were met at the Disneyland Hotel, character meals and the odd chance meet in the park. My advice to anyone who wants to meet lots of characters is to do at least one character meal (unfortunately I think Cowboy Cookout will be closed in November, this was the best) and try to pop into the DLH around 9am and 4pm as there are often characters in there. I am sure you will meet lots. We took Rosebug when she was 4 months and she got some lovely interaction, I still remember Chip & Dale playing with her feet during a Studios parade and a CM having to shoo them on! :lovestruc

We were very lucky this trip, with the pass and the character meals. I had booked all the character meals before I knew she could get a pass as it was the only way I knew she would get to meet some characters!

Hope you have a magical time! pixiedust:

xxx

I think I will be stealing the DLH idea and we are planning on a character breakfast, (also think other members of our group are planning to take my boys to cafe Mickey the night me and DH are going to book somewhere fancy for the 2 of us lol) this will be my 10th trip but I've not bothered with any character meet and greets my last few trips (since late teens) we've only met them when they've been wandering around, the only queue I'll be happy to get in will be for buzz (he is my 3yr olds hero lol) x

Love your trip report and your daughter is just lovely :flower3::goodvibes

Day 4 - princesses; cowboys; gorillas and aliens!

At 7am I received a final wake-up call from Goofy, Rosebug and daddy were still fast asleep so I got up and with a heavy heart started to pack, so we could check out before heading to the park for our final day! :sad:

We called reception and they arranged for our luggage to be collected and stored and went downstairs to check-out. The lobby was very busy, and there were queues at both check-in and out desks but luckily not at Admirals Floor, so we were on our way to the park in minutes. We had decided to skip breakfast because our meal at Cowboy Cookout was booked for 11:30am (which my husband decided was a ridiculous time and I needed my head checked!), but by the time we reached the entrance my tummy was rumbling (nothing new there then!) so we knocked on the door of Salon Mickey for the final time this week. We grabbed some cookies and croissants and some bottles of water, as we already felt very dehydrated, and sat for a few minutes to eat and drink. And then it was time to head into the park with our little Belle (again! I don't know why I bothered buying and packing any other clothes for Rosebug, because as you can see by the photos, she didn't wear anything but her Tink sundress and her Princess/Alice dresses!) and headed down Main Street.

Main Street Fantasy Land are definitely our favourite places in the Park. Rosebug doesn't feel like she is in Disneyland if she can't see the Castle, bless her! princess: They just feel so magical, and I actually feel quite at home there. We stopped for a quick photo in front of the Castle and then headed round the side of the Castle to Fantasy Land, stopping for more photos along the way.

480039_10151160783447597_1496725658_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

309271_10151160783852597_1541839637_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We decided now was the time to try once more to meet Tiana, we had only visited the Pavillion twice, despite the pass, as we had been so lucky at Auberge and DLH, and still hadn't managed to meet her. It was 10:30am, so we hoped there would be no queue at the exit (there had been the previous times we had hoped to go in) and we were lucky! The CM came out took one look at Rosebug and said "Ah, you are in luck, Belle is here!" Rosebug was delighted, because obviously she was Belle too, but knowing this was probably going to be our last visit to the Pavillion I asked if Tiana was and explained she was the only princess we hadn't ever met. She looked sad and said that she was sorry but she wasn't, but obviously we could come back in 2 hours and try again. Not to worry, meeting Belle again would be wonderful so in we went and the CM gasped and said "Oh, I am so sorry, Belle is just leaving" and we saw Belle and Snow White walking out. Rosebug looked crestfallen, and suddenly there was a bit of a commotion and the CM and another CM came rushing over to us and told us to hurry, and started ushering us into one of the meet areas. I was totally confused and tried to ask who it was, and they just shook their heads and ushered us in. And there was Belle, arms wide open for Rosebug and told her that just as she was leaving she had noticed Rosebug at the door and had insisted that she go back to her meet and Rosebug be brought to see her, because she had to meet such a lovely little Belle. princess: I was nearly in tears, there were 2 CM's in there too, just looking delighted and Rosebug had the most wonderful time dancing with Belle and getting cuddles. It was another bit of pure magic and my little girl looked so delighted!

579884_10151160786462597_1112150373_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

424280_10151160786312597_1519263812_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

422250_10151160785262597_2070601192_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

As we were leaving, the CM was stalling and letting other people past us, and kept hold of our pass. She then turned to me and quietly said "This is an exception, you are only normally allowed to see one princess, BUT if you wait here for 5 minutes... Tiana has just arrived!" pixiedust: I just burst into tears! :crazy2: What an idiot I am! Rosebug hadn't heard and was so happy from her wonderful meet with Belle, she just sat with me in the corner and rabbited on about how she had the same dress as Belle. Then the CM, and the other CM from the Belle meet came and ushered us round the corner, and we waited behind another little girl. The CM's were lovely with Rosebug, asking her to dance and building up the suspense of who she could possibly be about to meet. And then it was our turn and we walked into meet Tiana - Rosebug just gasped, looked at me and mouthed "Tiana!" and ran to her for a huge hug. They danced together, talked about their dresses and Rosebug told her that she had a green dress just like hers, but mammy had left it at home! Bad mammy! I got no photos, because I was just in awe watching Rosebug with her final princess. Tiana is special because the film was released the year Rosebug was born and was the first Disney film she saw, and the first dress she had etc. There is a special place in our hearts for Tiana, just like Belle is Rosebug and her grandma's special princess, and Ariel is mine!

579991_10151160786607597_1556465565_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

427309_10151160785752597_864519738_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

As we left, Rosebug gave the CM who had arranged this for her the biggest cuddle, and told her thank you so much! I love my polite girl! It was the most magical start to our final day and I couldn't have hoped for anything better.

When we walked out, I realised that we hadn't taken Rosebug on It's a Small World this trip, as everytime we had walked past even the disabled queue was huge. This time there were two families in front of us, but we were let straight on as they were waiting for wheelchair access. I keep forgetting how sweet this ride is, and Rosebug loved it as much as she had done in February, pointing out everything she saw with wows and oooohs!

555575_10151160787062597_1400454081_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

She then asked if she could go on Pirates and People again, so we went off to ride that, and when we got off realised that we were due at Cowboy Cookout in 5 minutes. So we headed off in that direction and walked past the Jungle meet and greet and noticed King Louie was there, with only 2 people in the line. So we joined the queue, and Rosebug said to me "Look mammy, it's daddy's brother!" :rotfl2: Ooops, I probably shouldn't tell her that Daddy is related to big ginger monkeys! ;) We had a lovely bit of interaction and because there was no-one behind us he spent quite a while dancing with her, and making her giggle. We had our photos taken and then hot-footed it to Cowboy Cookout for our meal.

418502_10151160788147597_1881018049_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Daddy and Rosebug got a table whilst I stood in line for our food, it does take quite a while to get served here, and I was gutted when the characters came out and I still hadn't been served, as I thought it would be like Café Mickey and that they'd be gone in a flash and I would miss out! As our food was being prepared I kept popping back to the table to see her first with Jessie and then with Daisy, and I was sat at the table with our food by the time Goofy, Pluto and Rabbit made it to us. There were only about 4 other families there (one I noticed didn't get any food and walked out after the characters! Naughty!) so the interaction was just wonderful. Jessie and Pluto seemed to take a shine to Rosebug and between the two of them no-one could get a look in with her.

386973_10151160788272597_653050635_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

562709_10151160788782597_1478349304_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

253939_10151160794222597_510648882_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

The characters got all the children up to dance, and Jessie was dancing with Rosebug, hand in hand (okay, I admit it - I started to well up again! But I got a grip - just!) then they sat just cuddling each other for a while. Then Daisy started doing the Conga with the children, and Rosebug and Jessie joined in and this went on for ages, right round the restaurant, you could hear the squeals of delight from the children, it was truly a wonderful thing to watch and every parent had the hugest grins on their faces whilst watching! pixiedust:

295279_10151160788872597_1338556661_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

555719_10151160793437597_1585807798_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

376589_10151160793632597_1444065550_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Day 4 continued...

We were then visited by Rabbit who sat tickling Rosebug and making her laugh, and was joined by Goofy who started to tickle her too.

428840_10151160794797597_222951792_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

376605_10151160795212597_686777517_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

After this the characters left and I thought we would get her to eat, but out came the characters again, but this time with Woody instead of Jessie! How wonderful!

549745_10151160795607597_895859491_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We then tried to get Rosebug to eat, and she managed to eat all her wedges and some chicken (the food was delicious!) but by this time Pluto had joined us and showed no signs of leaving. He sat next to her and spent ages licking her, nuzzling her, pretending to eat her food, she was patting his head and nose whilst roaring with laughter, shouting "Good boy!"

427211_10151160796352597_378496322_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

He went off for a little while, but soon came back and the two of them spent forever crawling round the floor, barking at each other and Rosebug trying to crawl through his legs! :lmao:

293129_10151160795432597_582120019_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then they had a bit of a dance, a huge cuddle and lots of kisses and we realised that if we ran, we might be lucky enough to catch Tarzan as it started in 5 minutes. So we packed up and ran off, and thought we were out of luck as it was rammed with buggys. We showed the CM our pass and asked if we were too late, she said not at all and took us into the side door and we got a seat on the front row of the disabled area! I felt bad here, as hubby is tall and was blocking the view of the family behind, so I turned and said that when it started hubby would sit on the floor. The man was lovely, and said that it was fine, if there was a problem he would move, not us and he was tall enough to swap with his daughter. However, when it started, hubby sat on the floor anyway as he felt too bad sitting in-front of people and still had a perfect view anyway!

Rosebug and daddy have just recently discovered Tarzan, and love it so this was a real treat, and you can imagine Rosebug's face throughout the whole thing. So when it came time for the children to be chosen to go up and play the pan drums she was delighted to be chosen! She was by far the teeniest one up there(she still fits some 12-18month clothes) and the Gorilla's took a bit of a shine to Rosebug. Tarzan's mom came over and played with her whilst she was playing the pan drum, and started to inspect the glitter on her dress.

578864_10151160798672597_1685917464_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

581096_10151160798507597_1512524080_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

At the end of the show, one of the Gorilla's came and took Rosebug's hand and led her to the stage with some of the other children for the final part!

427204_10151160799222597_1340427114_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

She was so chuffed to have been chosen, and was talking about it for ages afterwards and telling us how she held hands with the Gorilla's!

When we left we had a wander round Frontier Land and Adventure Land and walked right into another of Rosebug's favourites:

488198_10151160800992597_761150087_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

216166_10151160800732597_980432951_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

She couldn't even talk to him she was in so much awe! He asked her if he would see her in the Parade that night, we explained that we were going home so when he signed her book, he drew the stars and said "So you can find your way back princess!" I didn't cry again, honest!

We then had a costume change as she had spilled her water, and I was secretly quite glad as it meant I could put her Alice dress on her and take her to Alice's maze! So, I asked her if we should go to Wonderland and she jumped up excitedly and said "Yes please!" so off we ran! It was exceptionally hot by now, too hot really and we started to struggle running around the maze, but not Rosebug - she just got redder and hotter but kept on running! She had people in hysterics because she went into character and was running in such a dramatic way, acting out scenes from the film and generally being nuts!

557501_10151160802527597_1314678456_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

556392_10151160802882597_1049731561_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

When we finally found our way out, I suggested that we head to the DLH for a drink in the Fantasia Bar as we really couldn't keep going in this heat. I'm glad we did, we had such a wonderful rest, and much needed drink (22e for 2 cokes and a glow-Tink orange juice - ouch!) It was good timing too in that Rosebug started to get a tummy ache again, and at one point hid behind a chair in the bar and cried, but after some orange juice and a rest she found some relief and was happy to go back to the park! At this point hubby said to me that he wishes he would stop doubting me, as he had thought 11:30am was ridiculous for lunch - but had been the perfect time and hadn't thought we should go to the DLH for a rest, but had thoroughly enjoyed it and felt refreshed and raring to go again! Men, when will they learn that we are ALWAYS right!

We walked down Main Street, and Rosebug asked to go up the Castle again, so for the final time we went upstairs and soaked up the magic of the castle! We made our way into Fantasy Land and Rosebug asked if she could go on Pinocchio, and as we headed to the ride we walked right into the biggest, nastiest scrum for the main puppet himself and Gepetto. Luckily, Gepetto was just escaping a crowd and he spotted Rosebug, gathered her up and sat her on his knee.

580070_10151160805682597_448130349_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then she spotted Pinocchio, but the scrum was horrendous and there was no way I could take her in there with her tummy being sore, so I asked the CM if we could wait to one side and see him when he was finished. She said the card didn't work for unorganised meet and greets, which I totally understand so I said it wasn't a problem, she'd met Gepetto and that was good enough. Possibly because I didn't complain she said "but if you wait over there, we'll be walking round that way and I'll try my best to make sure we spot you." So we headed to the spot she had pointed at and waited, then Pinocchio came by, but so did the scrum, luckily he stopped in another spot and we got to the front, but it just got nasty - people pushing and shoving and he attempted to get kids in a line but missed Rosebug out, a lovely young lady pulled her into the line with her and protected her from the pushing, as it got to Rosebug's turn it got crazy and Pinocchio started to push the kids back, including Rosebug, and she started to get upset so I was about to take her out but it got to her turn, we got a quick photo and autograph and vowed never ever again!

549477_10151160805907597_486853704_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We then decided to to say a final goodbye to Disneyland Park and head over to the Studios to catch Stars and Cars before we headed back to the hotel. It was so hot, and Rosebug was now in a foul mood and did not want to stand and watch the parade, we managed to get to the end of it then made a dash for Stitch in the hopes of cooling her down and cheering her up! We had 2 mins til the show started so caught someone's attention and showed Rosebug's pass and we were taken straight through and told to sit near the doors so we could get straight in. As soon as she saw the video introduction she cheered up, as she loves Stitch and when the doors opened she ran in and sat down. This is the first time we have ever seen this, so didn't know what to expect and it was hilarious! During the show, when Stitch "chooses" a girl and boy from the audience to talk to... guess who was chosen! He asked Rosebug her name, and age, if she was married and then if she had a boyfriend! :rotfl: She thought it was hilarious and was roaring louder than any other child during the show (she is wicked) and thought it was so amazing that Stitch had spoken to her, and said goodbye to her at the end of the show! This had to be the perfect ending to our trip. pixiedust:

With that, we said goodbye to the Studios and took a last, sad walk back to the NPB to collect our luggage and wait for our transfer back to the airport!

We had the most magical and amazing time. I feel like I have gushed all the way through this TR, but I am not normally like that, usually quite critical and dry (although not negative, usually!) but we really did have such a wonderful time and Disney made my little girls holiday truly magical!
pixiedust:

what an excellent trip report, just convinced hubby to est at the DLP hotel on our trip in a hope to like you meet the princess without all the scrum xxx

what an excellent trip report, just convinced hubby to est at the DLP hotel on our trip in a hope to like you meet the princess without all the scrum xxx

Thank you. The princesses weren't at the DLH meal though - they were in the lobby for a meet and greet. I was quite surprised to see 4 of them there! I hope you manage to see them! Auberge is a guaranteed way to see 3 of them though!

xx

I cried at the belle and Tiana bit! I'm such a Saddo haha,
I just showed my LO the pictures of meeting Jessie and peterpan and he got so excited asking if he well see them when we go to 'Mickey mouses house!'

I loved your TR, it's made me so excited to take my two :)

Wow what a fantastic trip! There are lots of reports of pixie dust these days - it makes me smile so much to read trip reports like this where the CMs have gone out of their way to make visits special.
Your daughter is a little star - and so gorgeous! That photo on main street with the balloon could be a DLP promo shot :)
I have IBS too - I wonder if you or your dd have had allergy testing? I had it done at a private clinic and left with a list of my food intolerances, with danger ratings. I find I can manage my symptoms pretty well day to day through my diet and minimise the need for meds.

Thank you all so much for your replies, and for reading my mammoth TR!

Wow what a fantastic trip! There are lots of reports of pixie dust these days - it makes me smile so much to read trip reports like this where the CMs have gone out of their way to make visits special.
Your daughter is a little star - and so gorgeous! That photo on main street with the balloon could be a DLP promo shot :)
I have IBS too - I wonder if you or your dd have had allergy testing? I had it done at a private clinic and left with a list of my food intolerances, with danger ratings. I find I can manage my symptoms pretty well day to day through my diet and minimise the need for meds.

Thank you, I am biased but I think she is a little cutey! We had an amazing holiday and certainly received lots of pixie dust! :tinker:

TBH, I was diagnosed with IBS-C based on symptoms only, and that was after I had Rosebug, despite suffering since I was a baby. Rosebug was tested for some more serious things, but came back negative, so they are happy to put it down as a functional bowel problem, and to manage it this way. Neither of us have had allergy testing, but it's worth a try! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter