View changes due to construction?

sonney

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been able to get a change in the points used for a trip to, say, BWV, when what was once a prefered view was obstructed by construction? I was at BWV a few weeks ago in room 1042 which is a ground view of Luna pool. At best only a very small section of the pool is visible (mostly trees and garbage bins!) but due to the construction, the pool was closed AND covered up with white fencing. Although after alot of trouible, i did get a room change for the last two days, it was still incovenient and I had a bunch of days with a view worse than a standard.

Anyways, I have written to MS via e-mail (no response yet but I just sent it out) but was wondering if anyone else had experienced this type of problem and did they get any recourse and, if so, what did you have to do to get it?

Now, I relaize this isn;t the biggest issue in the world (and I still love our DVC membership) but I am interested in justice!

I think construction and maintenance are things we have to expect once in awhile. When we were at OKW in December, they were paving the roads etc. It didn't bother me. I just knew it would make things nicer for my next trip! At OKW we don't worry much about the view anyway. Construction would rarely be on the "view" side of the building. I would not expect to be reimbursed points for that.

It occured to me that most of these types of problems could have been avoided by DVC if they would have stuck to one reservation rate at BWV. We have only one reservation rate at OKW, and therefore have none of the problems with feeling cheated. Most OKW buildings have similar views of golf course, water way or trees.

I recognise that this only an issue for BWV and only relative to the difference between Standard and preferred view points. Certainly we all expect construction and some reasonable amount of intereference, therefore my only issue and question is being 'charged' extra for a preferred view when it isn't! As I said earlier, not the biggest issue we face in life but still something that could be more fairly handled by MS (and easier in these days of automation!!).

Sonney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter