**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Where's the special treat review?
Sorry, I don't remember who or what company published the article. It came up as I was scrolling Facebook🤦‍♀️and there are so many Disney ones that come up on mine. I just got excited to see the snack credits bc I asked in another group and they said they didn't think so, so I was kinda bummed, since I was hoping it would be like epcot festivals that accepted snack credits. But YAY, bc now I know I need to save some for the few I want to try.

I am trying to find a review but cannot seem to lay my eyes on one of the Disney Villains After Hours
Would this appeal to a 9 year old boy?

I am trying to find a review but cannot seem to lay my eyes on one of the Disney Villains After Hours
Would this appeal to a 9 year old boy?
Probably depends on the 9yo boy.

Does he like any of the featured Villains? does he like staying up late and short ride lines? does he like snacks?

thanks for posting - I think "caravan" is an accurate name and it had more characters than I expected. Smaller than a parade but cute. It appears to last about 5 minutes to watch the whole thing and was crowded in the hub (I mean not christmas crowded but people several rows deep) - wondering if it is easier to catch on the fly from frontierland.

I almost feel like a Frontierland would be a better backdrop for the VIllains anyway. Could get a Night on Bald Mountain vibe if you get the right angle on one of the Mountains there.

I almost feel like a Frontierland would be a better backdrop for the VIllains anyway. Could get a Night on Bald Mountain vibe if you get the right angle on one of the Mountains there.
Actually we viewed the halloween party parade from there and agree! I didn't think of it til you mentioned it!

I'm suspecting my 13 year old daughter is just going to camp out at a popcorn stand...
Let's see if she can eat $150 worth of popcorn.

Mine as well!! For her tiny frame, she can pack in the popcorn... at least 75 $ worth... with 3 additional ice creams! ;-)

I did the party on Feb. 7th and had the BEST TIME!! The only ride line we waited in was for Seven Dwarves. It was posted 20 minutes but we timed it and it was 16.35. We were excited to hit every ride that we wanted and we did all the magic shots except Scar. The park felt the emptiest I have ever seen it. The snacks and drinks were plentiful (although it felt weird to be shivering and in a coat and gloves and eating ice cream but FREE MICKEY BAR!) I enjoyed the Villains show - we rated it an 8 out of 10. It was the first night so some obvious choreography mistakes but what we really missed were songs. The dancing was great but no singing felt...awkward?? I also enjoyed the "parade" but was sad Maleficent wasn't breathing fire. I understand from a friend who works there that she has been under the weather for a couple of weeks and not breathing so much. There was also still some wind worries and I guess they would prefer not to set main street on fire. I did love that they kept checking wrist bands up until about 11pm. I'm happy to answer any questions. I thought it was completely worth the money (AP discount though) and would do it again.

I did the party on Feb. 7th and had the BEST TIME!! The only ride line we waited in was for Seven Dwarves. It was posted 20 minutes but we timed it and it was 16.35. We were excited to hit every ride that we wanted and we did all the magic shots except Scar. The park felt the emptiest I have ever seen it. The snacks and drinks were plentiful (although it felt weird to be shivering and in a coat and gloves and eating ice cream but FREE MICKEY BAR!) I enjoyed the Villains show - we rated it an 8 out of 10. It was the first night so some obvious choreography mistakes but what we really missed were songs. The dancing was great but no singing felt...awkward?? I also enjoyed the "parade" but was sad Maleficent wasn't breathing fire. I understand from a friend who works there that she has been under the weather for a couple of weeks and not breathing so much. There was also still some wind worries and I guess they would prefer not to set main street on fire. I did love that they kept checking wrist bands up until about 11pm. I'm happy to answer any questions. I thought it was completely worth the money (AP discount though) and would do it again.

Thank you for the update...we purchased with the DVC discount and are looking forward to the event in April!!

Glad to be reading positive reviews. With the info that they are doing the last show a half hour before closing and a look at the new mini parade we are thinking we will be spending a lot of the event on villains stuff. I think we are going to shift the budget a little and do the regular DAH as well to get in ride time. We have a teen that is not so keen on rope drop anymore so it will let us do one less rope drop day.

We just bought tickets for this in June. We’re not as into the show as much but think the theming is very cool. We’re really hoping the ride waits stay short, as I know last year that was an issue some nights. 🤞

Last I knew there was no monorail running after regular after hours events. Is this also true at the villains events?

Last I knew there was no monorail running after regular after hours events. Is this also true at the villains events?

Hopefully someone there last Friday can report. Last year, they kept monorail and boats opens for VAH (which was different than DAH as you note). It looks to me from the Times Guide that the monorail was running until 1am last Friday (VAH ended at 12). Here’s a link to the Times Guide, doesn’t look like they’ve posted this week’s yet: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html?m=1

Hopefully someone there last Friday can report. Last year, they kept monorail and boats opens for VAH (which was different than DAH as you note). It looks to me from the Times Guide that the monorail was running until 1am last Friday (VAH ended at 12). Here’s a link to the Times Guide, doesn’t look like they’ve posted this week’s yet: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html?m=1
Thank you for this! So much useful info here in addition to my original question!

Also curious about the boats as we will be boating back to CCV if possible...I already banked on having to take the bus back as I didn't think the boats would still be running, but this would be a pleasant surprise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter