VIRGIN DECREASE baggage allowance from 1st April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the email confirmation that the exisiting allowances apply to our booking :thumbsup2

Just rang VA about the baggage decrease...

and was told:

"Any booking made before the 31st March 2006. Will be honoured as 2x32kg per person"
:cool1:

Made sure they put it on our notes and account! :goodvibes

This time we are gonna make sure we use our 64kg each!!!

Might even buy some scales from Winn Dixies :rolleyes1

Also asked about the sneaky extra fuel surcharge they are trying to add on. This is for only new bookings.

shellbell said:
Just rang VA about the baggage decrease...

and was told:

:cool1:

Made sure they put it on our notes and account! :goodvibes

This time we are gonna make sure we use our 64kg each!!!

Might even buy some scales from Winn Dixies :rolleyes1

Also asked about the sneaky extra fuel surcharge they are trying to add on. This is for only new bookings.

Why use the 64KG? just for the hell of it? Are you the type then that goes to an all you can eat and eats till they are sick 'cause its your "entitlement"?

As for the "sneaky" fuel surcharge, it has always been added to bookings made after a date for all airlines. Virgin have let it be know in advance, very sneaky that! :sad2:

I just spoke to Virgin, they confirmed that as long as you received your tickets (or confirmation e-tickets have been issued), before April 1st, they will honour the 32kg allowance.
She said they wouldn't send and email to confirm, but she gave me her name and xt number, so I will be clinging to that info with my life!!

I am so relieved at that, we were planning on a big allowance on the way out this year, we have a home in Orlando, so we are taking pretty much all of our summer clothes out to leave there - next time we fly out it will be hand luggage only (no more negotiating that double baggage system at MCO :cheer2: )!

Goodness me, Someone got out of bed the wrong side. Any reason for being so hostile? Can't see the point really.

Obi Wan Kenobi said:
Why use the 64KG? just for the hell of it? Are you the type then that goes to an all you can eat and eats till they are sick 'cause its your "entitlement"?

As for the "sneaky" fuel surcharge, it has always been added to bookings made after a date for all airlines. Virgin have let it be know in advance, very sneaky that! :sad2:

Nearly all airlines flying to/from USA, Canada, and Mexico have reduced their luggage allowance to 2 x 23kg (50lbs) per person flying in economy class. Business class is still 2 x 32 kg. I.e. Lufthansa handles it like this: If one case is more than 23kg but not exceeding 32kg they charge you €50 (33 Pounds), but together with your second case it mustn't exceed 46kg.
With some airlines there are additional allowances for sports equipment. DW & I are certified divers, so when flying to Thailand using Thai Airways we always make reservations for 'Dive Luggage', which gives us another 10kg per person - even though our dive stuff doesn't weigh more than 6-8kg ;)

shellbell said:
Goodness me, Someone got out of bed the wrong side. Any reason for being so hostile? Can't see the point really.

Irritation with certain comments in this thread really.
The ""what's in it for me" generation that are coming to the fore in this country really do wind me up, as if everyone in buisness owes them cheap this and cheap that and how dare anyone try to make a living, except that they scream the most if their precious salaries were effected....

Can we keep this thread ON TOPIC please folks or it will have to be locked.

Thank you :)

Were just pleased were getting the full allowance :) Shopping is what i do best :cool1:

I think I have said before on this thread, people are different, and have different needs and expectations, and what to take abroad is no exception. The issue here is whether Virgin should honour the expectations of passengers who booked in good faith - it seems they will.

I really don't think it's for others to criticise or question why people want to use their full luggage allowance - it's a personal choice based on personal need. The poster who wants to carry out extra clothes to leave behind is one example, we are getting married and need to carry out all of our wedding clothes, cruise clothes, wedding stationery, favours etc....We're flying with BA, and I would be very cross if the goalposts moved now when we booked months and months ago.

Good luck everyone flying Virgin - I hope it all works out ok :goodvibes

kristieuk said:
I think I have said before on this thread, people are different, and have different needs and expectations, and what to take abroad is no exception. The issue here is whether Virgin should honour the expectations of passengers who booked in good faith - it seems they will.

I really don't think it's for others to criticise or question why people want to use their full luggage allowance - it's a personal choice based on personal need. The poster who wants to carry out extra clothes to leave behind is one example, we are getting married and need to carry out all of our wedding clothes, cruise clothes, wedding stationery, favours etc....We're flying with BA, and I would be very cross if the goalposts moved now when we booked months and months ago.

Good luck everyone flying Virgin - I hope it all works out ok :goodvibes

DITTO :sunny:

Obi Wan Kenobi, why are you so rude?

If you dont like the information on this thread, then may I be as bold to suggest you dont read it any more?

I for one find the information important and of value, as this situation will affect our holiday. Its nice to hear, when people get their problems sorted.

I dont feel its up to anyone on a thread to judge others. I'm just pleased for other people when things get sorted. And if people have issues or concerns, lets all try and help them in the spirit that the DIS boards are set up for.

Godness me, I hate to think what some guests reading these replies will think. Lets all be friendly and compassionate to others! :love: :love:

I think this thread has now run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter