Virgin flights for Oct 17 ridiculously expensive!

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
I normally book as soon as fares are released, but my dates are due in a couple of days time and what I'm seeing so far on VA when looking at dates a few days earlier is ridiculous!

£1400 for 1 adult return flight travelling on weekends?! Surely that can't be right?
Even pre half term dates are over £870!

I've got my cruise and DVC bookings sorted, but I can't pay that for a flight!
Any likelihood these will go down?

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat for 23rd October - 4th November. Planning to book right out the gate but the cheapest is £745 which is a tiny bit above what I wanted to pay.

I'm going to see what the January sale turns up and bite the bullet then.

Crazy thing is that BA flights were alot cheaper for us (13th to 21st Oct 2017). Business was the same price as VAs Premium

Do BA do a direct from Manchester?

When does the Jan sale start, don't know if I can hold my nerve that long?! I have vague recollections of a sale starting on Christmas Eve last year, was that the Jan sale?

The other option is to start reworking my dates to avoid travelling on the weekends, but it'd probably mean taking more days off work...

As in it started today?
Prices I've seen today are the ones that are terrible :sad2:

There should be a sale starting Xmas Eve and one mid-January (so I've been told). I'm holding my nerve for them. I am refusing to pay £900-1000 per person.

We traveled October this year and the prices never came down. We went 15th to 29th October and direct flights for BA and Virgin never dropped below £1000 per person from when they were released right up until we booked indirect flights in April this year. Flights are crazy prices now. I did check in every so often after this and they were still over £1000 each.

Ive just looked and although I don't know your exact dates I got £1155.52 for VA nonstop Manchester to Orlando Sat 21Oct 2017 to Sat 4 Nov 2017 for 1 adult return. I also got £917.52 for the same dates with a 1 stop flight with VA and Delta

Our flight were available today...wow they shot up a bit wonder what's caused that.

Well up hold of to the new year and go from there. It was looking like £1500 for three of us it's now way over £2k

Do virgin Atlantic do sales in december/january can anyone please tell me? I didn't know if it was all airlines that usually did this or only specific ones. Thanks in advancd

Do virgin Atlantic do sales in december/january can anyone please tell me? I didn't know if it was all airlines that usually did this or only specific ones. Thanks in advancd
They often do, in conjunction with Virgin Holidays ok, but Orlando is so popular I don't know how much discount they apply on that route

So my dates are out today - £1322 per person - double what I was originally hoping for. It's just extortionate, never known anything like it.

So my dates are out today - £1322 per person - double what I was originally hoping for. It's just extortionate, never known anything like it.
Have you checked BA from gatwick? See my thread on here-we just paid about £1200 for the 2 of us for a fortnight aftyer you-less than half what tricky Dicky was quoting us. The money we have saved has more than covered a taxi transfer to gatwick from Derbyshire!

Sorted - after a not that helpful phonecall with VA, it did at least give me the inspiration to try VHols. Got a flydrive though Virgin Hols - £750 per person including an upgrade to premium economy on the outbound. Much better!

But still terrible that there's such an inconsistency in pricing!!

Last edited:
Thanks to the advice on here managed to book our flights, virgin fly drive with premium economy both ways, 2 adults and infant (on lap) and v-room for £1700 all in :) the car is almost certainly going to not be collected get upgrades and insurances are in believable would have added up to £750 to be a useable car and adequate insurance level

I've never done v-room before, is that something that can be added on?

At a guess I'd say you're seeing crazy high prices as the dates have just become available and not all fare codes are loaded straight away, they usually do the more expensive ones at first then start loading the cheaper about a week or so later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter